NEurope

I don't think I would ever watch a new series solely on DVD. The Eureka Seven DVDs are exceptionally well made, the commentaries, interviews and stuff that comes in the special editions - but fansubs will always be better than dubs and DVD company subs. Fansub groups know what the public wants, they find the best possible translation, making sense but remaining completely accurate, plus the text always looks nicer. I find that DVD sub groups are more often not a translation, but just a semi-transcription of the English dub.

I would kill for E7 in DVD quality but with the Nanashi fan subs, that would be ideal. Same with Naruto, the quality is so much nicer, but the subs by Manga are just awful.

I don't think I would ever watch a new series solely on DVD. The Eureka Seven DVDs are exceptionally well made, the commentaries, interviews and stuff that comes in the special editions - but fansubs will always be better than dubs and DVD company subs. Fansub groups know what the public wants, they find the best possible translation, making sense but remaining completely accurate, plus the text always looks nicer. I find that DVD sub groups are more often not a translation, but just a semi-transcription of the English dub.

I would kill for E7 in DVD quality but with the Nanashi fan subs, that would be ideal. Same with Naruto, the quality is so much nicer, but the subs by Manga are just awful.

I know what you mean the fan subs are better. On the Naruto unleashed DVD, apparently they changed Ramen to Pot noodles because they did not think we'd understand what ramen is and wanted to appeal to a wider market. This however completely takes it out of its cultural context. As if naruto would ever eat Pot Noodles!!!

Indeed, they do say pot noodles, I have them and regret owning them. They are particularly terrible DVDs. The "extra" features are awful, both of them say "Manga to Anime translation" on the box, but only the first one actually has that extra, for the second one it's just completely missing. The second DVD also has a typo along the side of the box, "Unleased" instead of "Unleashed", and is missing the leaflet from the first set which had a description of each episode. The first set has the 3 disks stacked on each other, which is frankly ridiculous.

To top off, yes, they do say "Pot Noodle", as well as some other stupid translations like "Fire Spell" (Katon), "Art of Eros" (Orioke no Jutsu) and by far the worst: "Shadow Body Splitting" (Kage bunshin). I just couldn't even watch them >.<

Indeed, they do say pot noodles, I have them and regret owning them. They are particularly terrible DVDs. The "extra" features are awful, both of them say "Manga to Anime translation" on the box, but only the first one actually has that extra, for the second one it's just completely missing. The second DVD also has a typo along the side of the box, "Unleased" instead of "Unleashed", and is missing the leaflet from the first set which had a description of each episode. The first set has the 3 disks stacked on each other, which is frankly ridiculous.

To top off, yes, they do say "Pot Noodle", as well as some other stupid translations like "Fire Spell" (Katon), "Art of Eros" (Orioke no Jutsu) and by far the worst: "Shadow Body Splitting" (Kage bunshin). I just couldn't even watch them >.<

That's exactly the reasons why I get the American ones,none of this Pot Noodle,body splitting and typo stuff.

I recommend you get it from the US if you do buy them and it's under £18 so you avoid customs and the boxes are shiny(and you get a storyboard booklet).

And if you want to risk it then get the special editions and get a forehead protector and another item(changes) then you can go for that.

*Hugs first 2 sets*

I was gonna get the DVDs. I'm rethinking that now, damn the next one is released on the 21st and I was gonna get them all on that day..

Shadow what website do you get them from? I think you told me once but I've forgotten.

http://www.dvdpacific.com/ is the one he mentioned last time I think. I was gonna place some orders there but you have to have your delivery address the same as your billing address which is a problem for me >.<

Thats the one thanks. Will computers/Xbox 360 play American region DVDs?

Wow how many volumes do they have out in the US?!? Theres like 14, we have 3..

Don't know about 360 although I doubt it. PC won't play any region unless you have a region free DVD drive (unusual), you're given a set number of times you can change your region on a PC (usually 4 or 5) although you can get round it with software like Slysoft's AnyDVD.

And in the US they only have 2 box sets out the same as us (3rd out soon). They just release the individual volumes as well.

Cheers mate, I had a dvd player which might have been multi region playable although I gave it to my sister.

I don't even know if I want to buy any of the boxsets :(

I would suggest grabbing the US special edition ones if you can afford them, the UK ones are a letdown.

The only anime DVDs I have that have impressed me are the ADV ones, especially for Azumanga Daioh.

Don't know about 360 although I doubt it. PC won't play any region unless you have a region free DVD drive (unusual), you're given a set number of times you can change your region on a PC (usually 4 or 5) although you can get round it with software like Slysoft's AnyDVD.

And in the US they only have 2 box sets out the same as us (3rd out soon). They just release the individual volumes as well.

First 2 sets are out just now,third is out at the end of May and the fourth is out in the middle of August.

Special Editions are great,love my Konoha forehead protector and I want Narutos new one with the first Shippuden set.

Cheers mate, I had a dvd player which might have been multi region playable although I gave it to my sister.

I don't even know if I want to buy any of the boxsets :(

If your gonna buy the boxsets over here,then I suggest you buy them from the US,much better as Shorty said,and it was DVDPacific that was the site I mentioned a while ago.

Also I don't know much about this but can you not just make the billing address the same as the shipping address?

But anyway I think you can have a different billing address from the shipping address now since there's an option to add/edit new billing addresses and shipping addresses.Not 100% but may aswell check it out.

If your gonna buy the boxsets over here,then I suggest you buy them from the US,much better as Shorty said,and it was DVDPacific that was the site I mentioned a while ago.

I think I will get them from that website, what dvd player do you got?

1 more night, I hope, and I should have up to the latest Shipudden espisode for my viewing pleasure.

My DVD Player is Acoustic Solutions AS-8099 which I got from Argos,but I think it's been discontinued though :heh:

Try checking out some of these and any questions or anything just give me a shout(or a post or PM :heh:)

Thanks a lot. I didn't think of looking on amazon. Liking the sound of the first one, some good reviews.

I came into a bit of money so I might get it.

I got ym DVD Player just for FMA alone,then along came more Anime series and I havn't regretted it once.

If your gonna collect Anime,then a multi-regional DVD Player is the way to go.

I remember our long talks about FMA. :). I'll heed your advice and go for it.

Then buy some FMA.

I remember our long talks about FMA. :). I'll heed your advice and go for it.

Then buy some FMA.

Well done my child :bowdown:

Can't go wrong with one of them.

And long FMA talks FTW! We should have another one soon,and as fate would have it,i'm re-watching the series just now.

Well done my child :bowdown:

Can't go wrong with one of them.

And long FMA talks FTW! We should have another one soon,and as fate would have it,i'm re-watching the series just now.

I need to watch it again. Just to get that feeling I got from watching it.

I was just overwhelmed by everything. The story is one of the best I have ever seen.

With the tradgedies and the humour. And Roy Mustangs gloves!!

Ah yea the old gloves,if there's a few episodes I like with Mustang it's the one where Ed has one of is tests against Roy and when he thinks he's won,Roy brings out another.

And if there was one episode I liked with him in it,it was the one where Hawkeye done the intro about the military,episode was fantastic and the humour was brilliant.

And they were so sure that a soldier was killed but it was just the dog (Hayate?) burrying a bone.

I would love to read the manga aswell since that story appears to be getting good ,but with one chapter a month it's safe to say i'll become desperate.

Surely there's someone else who has had the joy of watching FMA?

Oh I remember that battle. I have it on my phone. I just love watching it when I feel bored. I know what you're saying in the spoiler box. Was a really good episode.

He was so dull in the final episodes/movie I think. Especially the movie. Not until the end does he do something good. I wouldnt mind reading he manga aswell. I think I found a site which had them on but that was before I got the laptop so I don't have it anymore.

Naruto must be having a really good dream here.

kakshiseesec0.jpg

Least i'm not the only one on here who has a sick mind and thought that when they watched the episode. lol

I bet he's dreaming of Sasuke . . . and Itachi . . .

Naruto must be having a really good dream here.

kakshiseesec0.jpg

Hot shit. Oh yes.