NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

i'm kind of worried, well not really, but i just found out that i'm number 46 in my GAME pre-order que for the wii but i don't know their stock allocation yet. Do you think it would be possible for me to get a launch day wii?

Even with Pre-orders...its still first come first served isnt it so it doesn't matter what number you are in the list?

Even with Pre-orders...its still first come first served isnt it so it doesn't matter what number you are in the list?

Well my Game said it's allocated by number.

I.e. if you're No.20 and they get 24 Wii's you WILL get one!

But if they only get 19 Wii's, you'll get one in the next batch!

It changes from store to store I think. Some places its done on when you preordered, others its what number you are.

I think that would miss the point of pre ordering.

At my gamestation, im 27, so they reserve the 27th Wii for me.

I think that would miss the point of pre ordering.

At my gamestation, im 27, so they reserve the 27th Wii for me.

That's how I assume pre-orders work.....:wtf:

Im 65th so reserve the 65th Wii for me

i am just going to hit the asda near me at midnight, got work on the friday so i wont be playing it till friday night :(

Not at Gamestation, it's done by the order people pre-ordered in. Otherwise, as people have said, what's the point in pre-ordering?

Another point. Anyone here with a Gamestation Wii pre-order who wants Zelda at launch really needs to make sure they've got the game pre-ordered too. The company aren't getting enough copies for everyone who gets a Wii at launch to get one, let's put it like that.

Oh howhappy i am with being 2nd at my store, with all you people worrying about being 20th etc.

At least i think im second....

Oh howhappy i am with being 2nd at my store, with all you people worrying about being 20th etc.

At least i think im second....

Anyone else think it would be hilarious with after Stefkov saying that, his store only gets 1 Wii? :heh:

Not at Gamestation, it's done by the order people pre-ordered in. Otherwise, as people have said, what's the point in pre-ordering?

Another point. Anyone here with a Gamestation Wii pre-order who wants Zelda at launch really needs to make sure they've got the game pre-ordered too. The company aren't getting enough copies for everyone who gets a Wii at launch to get one, let's put it like that.

Would I be able to pre-order Zelda through the phone at GameStation if I already have a pre-order and paid the deposite with them?

Would I be able to pre-order Zelda through the phone at GameStation if I already have a pre-order and paid the deposite with them?

No, to put a pre-order in for games and accessories requires a £5 deposit per item.

No, to put a pre-order in for games and accessories requires a £5 deposit per item.

I preordered Zelda, and RedSteel at GAME for free. All they needed was my Reward Card.

No, I preordered a nunchuck, Zelda and Wii Play at GameStation in Southampton last weekend without having to pay anything. It was just added to my page in their Wii preorder folder.

does anyone know if pc world (online) has any wii's left? im thinking of ordering from there as game most likely have none left

does anyone know if pc world (online) has any wii's left? im thinking of ordering from there as game most likely have none left

I've emailed them but no response (I ordered with them ages ago). Try Argos (They are still guaranteeing Launch Wiis and this place: http://www.play3k.com also (dunno much about them but seem to be stating they'll supply for launch)

Also just as an update I've just ordered WiiPlay + remote from Play3K (Play 3000) for only £27.99. That's cheaper than a remote on it's own at some places.. site seems pretty good.

Should I be pre-ordering a second Wiimote for launch? I'm planning to con my parents on this one (they'll pay the money I don't have, but I'll have to return it to them), they don't know that I've already payed €30 for Wii + Zelda. Now if I could get them to pay the remaining up to €300, I might have enough to grab an extra Wiimote. And Nintendo, why not a price-lowering in Europe just before launch, just like you did with GameCube? No? In that case I'de better start saving. Thank God for my late birthday, so I didn't spend my money on the wrong things yet...

And Nintendo, why not a price-lowering in Europe just before launch, just like you did with GameCube? No? In that case I'de better start saving.

I'm still hoping they will, but I doubt they will, I'm completely fine with the price as it is though. But that £50 could be spent on another game. :heh:

I need some advice. Im thinking of pre-ordering my wii at HMV because I have £20 on my gift card. i have £135 elsewhere so i should be able to manage another £25 somewhere.

Is it safe to buy at HMV? do they have decent enough stock? ive seen a few posters in store so...

I need some advice. Im thinking of pre-ordering my wii at HMV because I have £20 on my gift card. i have £135 elsewhere so i should be able to manage another £25 somewhere.

Is it safe to buy at HMV? do they have decent enough stock? ive seen a few posters in store so...

why would we knoe the stock situation of your local store?

why would we knoe the stock situation of your local store?

i meant in general, has HMV got a fair share of consoles compared to other stores? i know it differs but you understand?

Just got a reply from Argos:

I wrote:

Hi,

A few days ago I ordered a Nintendo Wii and 3 games to be delivered on the launch day (December the 8th). I've heard a bit about potential shortages, and some retailers sending out emails to let customers know if their order can be fulfilled at launch or not. Are there any plans to do this at Argos, or is it a matter of waiting to see if it arrives on launch day ? Do you know yet if you will be allocated enough units to meet the amount of pre-orders?

Thanks a lot,

[me]

They replied:

Dear [me]

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Nintendo Wii.

I have looked into this matter for you and I can advise that Argos has been allocated a quantity of the Nintendo Wii from our suppliers. Therefore we are offering a majority of these for pre order as advertised on our website. Argos is unable to guarantee any deliveries as stock is always subject to being received as confirmed in the contracts we have with our suppliers. If unforeseeable events happen such as, the Nintendo Wii launch date being amended, the quantity received is lower then arranged or if goods are received damaged, then this will evidently impact on the deliveries advised for the intended delivery date. However I have no information at this time to advise that deliveries will be delayed so goods should be received on 8th December as arranged.

I trust this information is of use.

Sounds pretty promising - even though there's the usual disclaimers, it sounds like they've been allocated enough.

I know it's very late, but I've just asked my parents for a Wii at Christmas (I'm paying for some of it as well). Is anywhere still taking pre orders or should I take my chances with amazon? Will shops get more stock before Christmas and after launch?