N-Europe

sooo, another Nintendo console soon?

Social

If that quote is from a native English speaker and not a translation from Japanese and is recent, I actually don't think it's the Wii they're talking about; language like "another console" and "even further" suggest something separate from the Wii altoegther. Likely a handheld, but why? Isn't the DS enough?

well the wii is only gamecube 1.5, so you'd expect a true next gen system soon. Maybe 2 years when HDTV's are common. Nintendo need that long for the hype machine to roll. They probably already have the technology ready. <<FLAMEBAIT ALERT>>

You could actually argue that Wii is actually the only true next gen system. But, of course, its the specifications that clearly matter most. How stupid of me.

They're talking about the Wii, notice how they addressed the audience as though not many of them knew anything? "Did you know the DS has a touch-screen"... that press conference was aimed at people who didn't realise the Wii was on the horizon.

I agree. I'm sure it wont stop people speculating all manner of things. Hope that there was avideo or audio recording for clarification