NEurope
Charlie

American Event - Gen Chat

those internet channels are really a good idea. anyone noticed that the Wii is launching on the same date the DS did in america and in japan? hopfully europe won't follow this trend

Charging for the Wii opera browser is very cheeky. Seeing as all web browsers are freely available on the net. Unless I see a demonstration of the browser for my own eyes and see something that I cant do on my PC I wont be bothering.

Also $40 and $20 for the 2 controllers seems a bit steep as that will most like convert to £15 and £25 which means £40 for a extra full blown controller.

Have to say though the USA release games look very good. All we need now is a release date for mario. But I suspect wii sports, zelda and money ball will keep me occupied for a very long time.

Charging for the Wii opera browser is very cheeky. Seeing as all web browsers are freely available on the net. Unless I see a demonstration of the browser for my own eyes and see something that I cant do on my PC I wont be bothering.

Also $40 and $20 for the 2 controllers seems a bit steep as that will most like convert to £15 and £25 which means £40 for a extra full blown controller.

Have to say though the USA release games look very good. All we need now is a release date for mario. But I suspect wii sports, zelda and money ball will keep me occupied for a very long time.

I'm sure they will have a bundle package with Wiimote and Nunchaku together for a lesser price of that if you were to get it separate.:hmm:

Shouldn't be appearing more in-game videos? What are they doing there right now?
I know! I want to see a new Excitetruck, Wii Sports etc... etc... trailer, not just a complilation showing a few seconds of each game.

and videos of the new games that were briefly shown; Forever Blue, Dog Island etc...

Excitetruck looked awesome in the compilation video!

Holy shit, worked out that i'll probably end up paying £365 on launch day: Wii and Wii sports (about £150) extra Wiimote (£25) extra nunchuk (£15) classic controller (£15) Zelda (£40) Monkey Ball (£40) Red Steel (£40) Trauma Center (£40).

Definately worth it though.

The Nintendo VIP news has just came in with our special treat for being Nintendo customers...

As a VIP 24:7, you're used to getting Nintendo news first, but today we have something a little special for you.

We can exclusively reveal to you that the official Wii site - http://www.wii.com - is now live!

At the moment, the site content is only available in Japanese but rest assured that we have a European version ready to roll as soon as the European Wii announcement is made on Friday afternoon, September 15.

But that doesn't stop you checking out the awesome new videos that will give you a sneak peek of what's to come from the wondrous Wii console.

Plus, if you haven't seen them already, we're featuring a series of interviews conducted by our President Mr. Iwata with Wii game developers over at our European Wii site .

Now go - spread the word about Wii.com and tell all your non-VIP friends how you heard the news!

No, im really not joking, that was our exclusive. Wankers.

Even though MP3 won´t be a launch game, this sounds very promising:

Guys,

I'll have an update coming. But just a quick heads-up: Retro has proved the potential of the Wii-mote with Metroid Prime 3. The developer added a third control mode, expert (this is not normal or advanced, but all-new) and it simulates PC FPS controls to 90 percent accuracy. I was FLYING around levels with ease.

BTW -- We'll have footage so you can see for yourself soon. The game looks mad hot.

Matt

:)

I was going to post about VIP's members so called exclusive news!

BUT it was so damn late and rather pathetic, that i didn't bother!

'Exclusive' my arse! I knew about http://www.wii.com much earlier before the news was posted on NOE!