NEurope
NintendoDS

This is Real - Wii Price & Date - Nov 19th US & $250 USD

The dice are thrown and nothing goes any more, the hours which will follow will enable us of all to know about launching of Nintendo Wii Japan, but also to learn some more on the titles under development. This news thus will be regularly updated during the night.

Update : The room of conference will open its doors with the press starting from 13h00 hour of Japan (6h00 in France), whereas the press conference should not as for it not begin before 14h00 (7h00 in France).

According to Seattle Post-Intelligencer/new York Times, Nintendo Wii will leave on next 19 November to the United States and available to the price 250 dollars will be accompanied by a controller and compilation Wii Sports (tennis, golf, baseball, bowling, etc). More than 25 plays Nintendo Wii should be available this year. About thirty traditional plays (5 to 10 dollars play) will be available in remote loading as of the exit of the console such as Zelda, Mario or Donkey Kong. It will be also possible of surfer on Internet on his television thanks to Nintendo Wii. Nothing official for the moment.

14:00 (hour of Japan): The conference of Nintendo should start in a few moments, here the first photographs of the conference on line.

14:20 : President de Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, speaks.

14:31 : Satoru Iwata announces that the traditional plays Virtual Console will be sold in Japan between 500 and 1000 yens (between 4.25 and 8.50 dollars): Famicom = 500 yens, Super Famicom = 800 yens, Nintendo 64 = 1000 yens. The players will have the possibility of paying by prepaid chart or credit card Wii Point.(voir photo). 30 Nintendo plays and 30 plays PC Engine/Megadrive (Turbo-Grafx/Genesis) should be available before the end of the year to Japan.

14:56 : Satoru Iwata announces that Nintendo Wii will leave on December 2, 2006 to Japan at the price 25.000 yens (215 dollars approximately).

source: jeuxfrance.com

BUT! Why would Nintendo not try and combat the PS3 in the territories the PS3 is being released in earlier?

________

CMX250C

Edited by NintendoDS

Unless as I say they are changing regions round to try there look out, other than that yes IGN are bullshitting :P

Maybe they are doing it backwards :P Meaning Europe comes first, then the US, and then Japan ;)

So, $250,- , that would be €250 here with the taxes and all. Can't say I didn't expect this a bit, I hoped it would be less though :)

Maybe the European launch will be between that of the US and Japan? Something like 27th of November? If not, we don't know what were in for. Yes, it could be 20 December thinking it as a world wide launch, but we all remember the DS, don't we?

Good source Khil... That is basically it, it's done until tomorrow with the European and Australian details. December 2 does seem late for Japan but perhaps we can see a worldwide lauch?

________

buy silver surfer

Edited by NintendoDS

Something in my head tells me Europe are getting it first...but i'm not getting too excited...AT ALL....

I never ever expected December for Japan.

BUT! Why would Nintendo not try and combat the PS3 in the territories the PS3 is being released in earlier?

That's a good point but you also have to remember that the PS3 will be supplied in small quantities.

Well, PS3 does sell its stock out no matter what you do, that's the fact. Instead of trying stupid rush, it is better to have controlled and calm launch with PS3 hype dying down.

After Australia Owen, you might have to wait 9 hours. The timeline. I can see the same day release for Aus and Eur if they do get it earlier than Japan which is really hard to believe.

________

volcano vaporizer classic

Edited by NintendoDS

Europe will never get it first.

Here's my prediction: Friday 8th December at £150.

Europe will never get it first.

Here's my prediction: Friday 8th December at £150.

Your probably right! I'm not impressed.

Well, PS3 does sell its stock out no matter what you do, that's the fact. Instead of trying stupid rush, it is better to have controlled and calm launch with PS3 hype dying down.

In a way, but I think I'd rather the machine there early... For Australia for example, say to parents a machine sitting there being $999 and the other new machine being right next to it at like $350, I sure know what most parents would do.

________

buy easy vape

Edited by NintendoDS

Supposadely the 19th November for US is incorrect. However i can't think of any other day other then a week later maybe? and Europe see it December 8th (like McMad said).

I feel sorry for you guys :( Because as long as it's out before christmas I will be super happy :D

I live in Europe and i'm worried as hell. It will be out before Christmas but i never expected it to be released a week or so before....

Just feel a little dissapointed but it is better then March next year!

Still. I geared myself up for a November launch. How wrong were we! :laughing:

I'm loving that date, loads of time for me to save up money :)

Hopefully Europe will get it a week after Japan.

Holy mother of god that video kicks some serious ass! Was that fire emblem in there after dragon quest? Also bits of ResEvil and some amazing bitsof Zelda footage! It's gonna be sick people!

This is old. But have faith.

Revoltion[Wii]to launch in Europe first: NINTENDO LOVES US!

Europe to get Revolution first a possibility says Nintendo as it works toward becoming "a more global company"

Nintendo hints that it may not be following previous company launch practice with Revolution has lead to speculation the next-generation console might possibly launch in territories other than Japan first.

It all stems from a recent interview which has found Jim Merrick, Nintendo Europe's senior vice president of marketing, discussing Revolution's launch in connection with how Nintendo is serious about working on becoming "a more global company".

He says it's trying to move away from what he calls "the stereotypical formula of Japan first, then the US, then Europe some time later" and further adds on Revolution's launch when queried on a potential European debut for the next-gen console that "Anything's possible. There are no rules that it must be Japan or US first".

taken from

CVG

It does seem to be going backwards!

December 2nd for Japan

November 19th for USA

November 3rd for Europe? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! :laughing: