NEurope
NintendoDS

This is Real - Wii Price & Date - Nov 19th US & $250 USD

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html

In a move that may allow Nintendo of Japan to take advantage of stumbles by its main rival, the company plans to announce today that it will release its new Wii video-game console in North and South America on Nov. 19, just as the holiday shopping season begins, and that the machine will cost $250 in the United States.

________

Harley-Davidson Topper

Edited by NintendoDS

this is also quoted at ign.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html

they make it really sound like 'a friend of a friend of mine...' sorta thing.

September 13, 2006 - According to an article at the Seattle PI that is reporting on an article in the New York Times, Nintendo plans to announce the Wii will debut in North and South America on November 19 for $250.

Thursday's announcement should also reveal that Nintendo plans to provide gamers with more than 25 new titles for the Wii this year.

The NYT reports that every Wii will include Wii Sports. Additional games for the Wii are reportedly priced at $50 each. About 30 classic downloadable Virtual Console games should be available this year and will cost about $5-$10 each.

The Wii will also include a "Photo Channel" which will allow users to use their Wii to share digital photos via their television. In addition there will be news and weather channels.

That's how they do things in America though. Gamecube launched on a Sunday if i'm not mistaken.

Fair enough. :D

c/o http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=2412

10:33 Prices for virtual console games are 500 yen ($4.25) for NES games, 800 yen for SNES games, 100 yen for N64 games. Pay by credit card or a Wii points card.

i do like the idea of a wii points card.

http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?...y&storyid=2412

10:37 According to Famitsu, over 30 Nintendo games and 30 PC Turbo-Grafx/Genesis games will be available before end of year. Ten new virtual console games will follow every month.

I'm dissapointed with the date! That therefore means Europe won't see it till December!

I thought it would come out earlier.

Why have we recieved no details on the Japanese conference but we have all the USA details when the conference hasn't even started. ::shrug:

Yeah Nintendo was trying for a Worldwide release, doesn't mean it will all be at the same time but it also doesn't mean it will be in the next month either, a week is possible.

________

Honda XR250L

Edited by NintendoDS

Damn I not happy about that Dec 2nd Japan date at all. :(

I think that fact that Sony have delayed PS3 means they can fiddle around with the release date abit :P

Damn I not happy about that Dec 2nd Japan date at all. :(

It's much much later then i was expecting!

However! They could be doing something Nintendo has never done before!

Japanese conference was first- Dec 2nd

USA conference is second- November 19th

Europes is third- earlier then November 19th?

Perhaps Nintendo are taking advantage of PS3'S delay in Europe and releaseing it here first for once!

November 3rd for Europe? I still have faith!

EDIT: Goron 3 the PS3 isn't delayed in Japan! Perhaps Nintendo believe it isn't a threat there? I'm surprised it's December for Japan.

I kind of doubt a Dec 2nd release for Japan unless US does get it first and then maybe Eur and Aus getting it mid December, but really it seems way too late for Dec 2nd for Japan. Do you have a link?

True, didn't think of that Owen.

________

Honda RC71

Edited by NintendoDS

Nope dec 2nd they just said in the conferance. Seems like this seattle is BS!

Nah, DS was released on that date on Japan, so there shouldn't be anything surprising in later date. After all, Japanese holiday season also starts bit later than in USA and Europe. Nice price though, 25 000 yens (212 dollars).