NEurope
darkcloud

Japan.... 2 days in!

I have a couple of questions for you DC. If you don't mind answering them, here they are;

1. How much was the flight to and from Japan?

2. How long was the flight?

3. Would it be best to learn Japanese before going over? or can English-speaking-only people manage?

4. How are the Japanese towards white people? I mean do they come across as raciest at all? or are they very friendly towards all racies?

5. Where did you book this holiday from? aka Teletext, website,etc...

6. How long did it take you to save up?

7. If I was going to Japan, what places would you recomend I visit?

8. Whats the food like?

9. Whats the weather like?

And my last question is; Will you be visiting the Nintendo headquarters?

Sorry for all the questions, but I hope to one day visit Japan, just because the culture over there is so differnt from Britains.

Thank you for your time!

Awesome, I'll start doing that with people different from me. Like negros.

How tall are you?

dark cloud i so jealous!

i really need to visit japan as I am a huge japanese pro-wrestling fan! You need to go and check out some pro-wrestling or MMA while you in Japan. go check Korakuen Hall in tokyo man!

they have pro-wrestling or MMA near enough every day of the week.

It sounds like you're having a great time... I wish I could go...

Does anyone understand you if you attempt to speak to them in Japanese?

i want a stalker it isnt fair. i want a hooker stalker. i think that is a girlfriend isn't it?

Dude your desperate:hmm: ...So am I:sad:

It sounds like your having a great time,sounds fun aswell,you gotta upload some pictures for us :D

1. How much was the flight to and from Japan?

I got a special deal so it was 900 return for two of us...

2. How long was the flight?

13 hours.... lol

3. Would it be best to learn Japanese before going over? or can English-speaking-only people manage?

Ermmm it depends really.... Some places seem to be Japanese only as the menu is Japanese, staff is Japanese etc.... Others have Japanese menus specifically....... You can manage many people have, but, its easier with my girlfriend helping me. lol I pretend to understand whatever a shop owner is saying though and bow when they finish.... Yeah. lol

4. How are the Japanese towards white people? I mean do they come across as raciest at all? or are they very friendly towards all racies?

They are fine. lol Well as far as I know. =P As far as I can tell no racism going on... I cant really tell at all though and my girlfriend would never tell me if someone said something bad....

5. Where did you book this holiday from? aka Teletext, website,etc...

A japanese travel agency for the flight..... A japanese website for the hotels...

6. How long did it take you to save up?

A long time.... I only have a holiday job at home...

7. If I was going to Japan, what places would you recomend I visit?

Everywhere is amazing, have fun....

8. Whats the food like?

Its like Japanese food in England but nicer....

9. Whats the weather like?

Its been like 25 celcius and above the whole time Ive been here and we had 2 days of bad rain.... Apparently there was a typhoon near or something. lol The weather isnt a problem... They have umbrellas in like every shop everywhere....

And my last question is; Will you be visiting the Nintendo headquarters?

Im in Kyoto now and actually..... No I wont..... You cant do much there and I would just be teasing myself... Best not to....

Awesome, I'll start doing that with people different from me. Like negros.

How tall are you?

Ermmm they werent being racist by it I dont think. lol

Im 6 foot 4.... Im quite a bit taller then most people here.... I also take up more general floor space then the average Japanese person despite being skinny.....

Today I went round some awesome shrines and took loads of photos.... Ill have them up when I get a computer with a usb port. lol

Thanks for that info DC!

Well it doesn't look like i'll be going to Japan anytime soon.

Btw, did those Japanese audio lessons help at all?

nice one man, its a place i SO wana visit. and needless to ask perhaps, but u visiting akihabara? ;)

Akihabara's like the video game district right?

Not been to ghibli museum yet no... Thats when i go back to Tokyo.... I just came back from Den Den Town in Osaka and OMG! There were atleast 3 model shops (you know anime/game characters) 20 game shops, tons of electronic shops and whilst I didnt go in any I certainly noticed loads of AV shops and maid cafes. lol That place was really cool...... Im guessing Akihabara is going to be even better. lol

Not been to ghibli museum yet no... Thats when i go back to Tokyo.... I just came back from Den Den Town in Osaka and OMG! There were atleast 3 model shops (you know anime/game characters) 20 game shops, tons of electronic shops and whilst I didnt go in any I certainly noticed loads of AV shops and maid cafes. lol That place was really cool...... Im guessing Akihabara is going to be even better. lol

I expect pictures to be taken, and your soo lucky, u get to watch NHK episode 11 tomorrow

No photos of Den Den Town so no maid cafe photos...... Ermmm they looked pretty normal though. Only difference is maids there. lol