NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

New iPods!

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/12/live-from-the-steve-jobs-keynote-its-showtime/

iPod video:

Instant Searching: lets you search more like Spotlight. Faster scrolling, shows the alphabetical section (L) as an overlay on the screen. We're also adding something new today, which is: Games. These are much more robust and funner games. They're all designed for the wheel.

dsc_0870.jpg

dsc_0880.jpg

Video battery life: 75 percent longer

dsc_0860.jpg

30GB, 7,500 songs, 40 hrs video, $249. 80GB, 20,000 songs, 100 hrs video, $349

dsc_0888.jpg

iPod nano:

It's made out of aluminum, and it's even thinner than the previous ipod nano

Maybe the most obvious feature is we're bringing back colors: Blue, Pink, Green, Silver, and Black. Battery life: 24 hours.

2GB (aluminum only) $149

4GB colors $199

8GB (black only) $249

dsc_0981.jpg

iPod shuffle:

IT'S SMALL AND SQUARE AND ALUMINUM. IT'S TINY

dsc_0918.jpg

The #1 thing that came back from customers using the first ipod shuffle was wearability. The 2nd generation shuffle comes in a beautiful aluminum case. but we started with wearability - it's got a built-in clip. I've got one here. On the bottom it's got the switches that say turn off and on or shuffle or linearly. it comes with a [TINY] dock and plugs into your Mac or PC.

dsc_0982.jpg

new nano is pretty. but im fine with my 5th gen iPod for the moment, the new model isnt that big of a step up.

OMG at the new shuffle's size.

Does anyone know if apple (or resellers) do a part-exchange for other iPods?

iPod shuffle:

IT'S SMALL AND SQUARE AND ALUMINUM. IT'S TINY

dsc_0982.jpg

WOAH! So small... compared to my beast of a Creative... it's ridiculous... If I somehow get a few hundred quid I shall spend a small amount on it - yay!

Lets all run out and buy new iPods that are practically the same as before... its like every other manufacterer only iPods cost far more than they should.

You guys hear about that huge decline in sales though? A little worrying.

That new iPod is fugly. The shuffle looks good, but i still wouldn't waste my money on something that doesn't even have a screen.

Lets all run out and buy new iPods that are practically the same as before... its like every other manufacterer only iPods cost far more than they should.

You guys hear about that huge decline in sales though? A little worrying.

Not for you, I imagine you had an orgasm hearing that news, you sexy little swine.

The Nano is mine. D/L iTunes 7, the new free artwork is pretty awesome.

I am definatly getting that iPod shuffle, because I'm currently stuck with a crappy hard-to-use MP3 player, and I want a nice, small and easy to use MP3 player like that. Plus, its quite cheap at 79 $.

oh god no, don't get a shuffle, you're better off using a £20 budget mp3 player... least then you get the option of turning off the shuffle. :/

It'd be nice if they were upgradable, or at least trade-inable because I'd like more battery life (not really fussed about the other add ons to videos) but I'll keep mine I suppose.

I know its only a code name but they probably wont be able to use iTV due to ITV owning the rights surely ?

Bleh, not a huge improvement on my 5th gen wonder. I'll wait until they just release a portable itunes with wifi.

New ipod is nice, but not worth upgrading to i would say. I like how they reduced the price by $50 and the brightness control the most. BTW, the video battery life increase is a cover up of "you can watch videos for longer by dulling the screen". For now i'm happy with my 5th gen 60GB.

New ipod nano is retarded. Mini was the worst looking iPod ever, i'm in the minority here but i truly thought it was horrible.

The shuffle, well it's pretty small, innit. Continues to be a good choice for casual listeners.

oh god no, don't get a shuffle, you're better off using a £20 budget mp3 player... least then you get the option of turning off the shuffle. :/
I used to have an iPod shuffle, and I was very happy with it, but I foolishly sold it for what you describe as a budget MP3 player, and I was anything but happy with it.

There's a switch.

The new Shuffles were the best thing on show last night.

Sign in to follow this