Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Happy Birthday Dreamcast! (56k no no)

Hellfire

though i never bought a DC, my roommate at that time did, but i played the hell out of it. I loved the control pad and the VMU was a godsend for playcalling in the NFL2K series. Im hoping EA releases some kind of VMU ripoff that attaches to the remote for Madden

how so? what features did the VMU have? and how were they used in-game? sorry, i never had one and know very little about it other than it was a very under-aprreciated console that deserved so much more from what i've read over the years.

just looking at the controller though, was it not very big and cumbersome? like the jaguar's and original xbox controllers?

saw a dreamcast in my local cash converters last year, never bought it unfortunately. maybe sega will make some games available through VC someday... :)

how so? what features did the VMU have? and how were they used in-game? sorry, i never had one and know very little about it other than it was a very under-aprreciated console that deserved so much more from what i've read over the years.

I remember in Resident Evil code veronica if you wanted to check you're life you just looked down at the little VMU screen through the controller and it would have a sort of heart beat monitor showing how you're character was doing. Ready to rumble used to have to bars one showing your stamina and the other showing how many punches thrown (I think) However most games just had some sort of moving picture or logo there. Street fighter games usually had the "CAPCOM" logo.

What made the VMU's so cool though was stuff like in Soul calibre, when you completed the main game with certain characters, they would give you a mini game that loaded onto the VMU for you to play. Sonic adventure let you raise your Chao things on them like feed it and pet it etc. You could even connect two VMU's together to trade data (make two chaos meet each other for example).

Man it’s a shame the dreamcast didn’t have a full life, it really was an awesome console.