N-Europe

The Movie Making Thread

Sarka

Well, there seems to be quite a few of us currently making films or have made them in the past. So, I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can discuss and see everyone masterful movies!

We can also discuss tip and tricks, though I have a feeling only dabookerman has any... Pfft, I'm sure us others can make up something we've learned.

Lyfestyles Of The Rich and the Famous

Here are my movies. The main problem with them is that they are done with friends and in the case of Mhairi the Freak we were kinda making it up as we went along. Please criticize as much as you possible want and can - I love criticizm!

The only tip I can say is when you make a film with speaking have plenty of silent parts at the start and end of each thing you film. It makes editing much easier and it ends up looking better.

Post away people!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you merge my Lord of the Rings DX thread with this one please? It has no posts, like many of my threads.

*EDIT by RedShell*:

Merging it made it go all weird so I'll just add it to this post...

The Lord of the Rings DX

I'm getting a digital video camera hopefully in a few weeks, and I've been writing a screenplay since last year. It's for a comedy version of Lord of the Rings, and I plan on finishing the scripts soon. I want people's impressions on a few scenes that I've written. These are from the third one: Return of the Idiot.

Scene 1 – A Squirrel is coming…

SMEAGOL: Hmm… I’ll choose you.

WORM: Dag nabbit. ARGH! (The worm is thrown into the water)

DEAGOL: This is nice and relaxing. Smeagol! Look! Look! I’ve got a fish!

SMEAGOL: Pull it in then, moron.

DEAGOL: OK. Ugh! ARGH! (He is pulled into the water by the fish)

SMEAGOL: Deagol?

RING: Sheen sheen! Sparkle sparkle!

DEAGOL: Gurgle! (He takes the Ring and rises to the top of the water)

SMEAGOL: I want that.

DEAGOL: Why?

SMEAGOL: Because it’s my birthday, and you forgot my present!

DEAGOL: I told you, I was mobbed by squirrels!

SMEAGOL: And what did the squirrels take?

DEAGOL: A packet of peanuts.

SMEAGOL: You were using those as fishing bait!

DEAGOL: I was not!

FISH: He was. Mmm, ready salted…

SMEAGOL: Ha!

DEAGOL: Well would you have wanted them after the squirrels touched them?

SMEAGOL: You said they took them!

DEAGOL: Ah, but they can’t open a packet of peanuts without opposable thumbs, can they? Eh?

SMEAGOL: Well in that case, why didn’t you give me the peanuts?

DEAGOL: Because the squirrels would have found out!

SMEAGOL: So?

DEAGOL: They made me pledge allegiance to their secret society!

SMEAGOL: And what do you do in the secret society?

DEAGOL: I could tell you, but then it wouldn’t be a secret.

SMEAGOL: Didn’t you know I was a squirrel?

DEAGOL: You are?! Excellent! Well we make various evil clone armies, taste cheese, review new movie releases, and stuff like that.

SMEAGOL: I’m not a squirrel.

DEAGOL: Darn!

SMEAGOL: So can I have the Ring?

DEAGOL: Join the squirrels, and it’s a definite maybe.

SMEAGOL: What are the benefits of applying?

DEAGOL: Get a free packet of peanuts!

SMEAGOL: That does it! Strangle! (Smeagol strangles Deagol)

DEAGOL: Down I go.

SMEAGOL: What a nifty accessory! Snatch!

GOLLUM: It cursed us. Murderer, the squirrels called us. They turned down our application into the secret squirreling society due to strangulation and homicide of a former member, and then they cursed us again, and then drove us away. We forgot some things; we ripped out our hair, gained multiple personality disorder, and forgot to feed our fishes! My… Preciousss…

SQUIRREL: We will have vengeance!

GOLLUM: Sure you will!

Scene 7 – Super-glued to a flaming bowling ball

PIPPIN: Now for that bowling ball!

MERRY: What are you doing, beer-boy?

PIPPIN: Shut up. (He grabs the Palantír)

MERRY: Hey!

PIPPIN: I only want to look at it. After all, it is shiny.

MERRY: Pippin!

SAURON: Hello Clarice.

PIPPIN: OH MY GOD! I SUPERGLUED MY HANDS TO A FLAMING BOWLING BALL!

MERRY: Gandalf! Help him while I sit here and do nothing!

GANDALF: I’m on it!

ARAGORN: Oh lord that’s hot!

PIPPIN: The tree, it’s burning!

(He drops the Palantir)

GANDALF: Tell me what you saw, fool.

PIPPIN: A tree, duh. I don’t just shout out random comments like that.

MERRY: Yes you do.

PIPPIN: Shh!

GANDALF: What did you tell Sauron?

PIPPIN: How did you know I saw Sauron?

GANDALF: Psychic wizarding powers, now tell me or I will smite you!

PIPPIN: Well first I told him that I wasn’t Clarice…

GANDALF: Then?

PIPPIN: He said… Ooh flashback moment! Do de doo doo do de doo doo…

Scene 7.5 – Party at Minas Tirith

PIPPIN: Hmm, never seen this place before.

SAURON: Welcome to Minas Tirith!

PIPPIN: You’re that pointy helmeted guy that was smitten with a magic sword from the first movie that tried to destroy Middle-earth and rebuilt a fortress in Mordor and sent out Ringwraiths to kill us all and were resorted to taking the form of a big flaming eyeball that fries everything it comes across!

SAURON: Are you done?

PIPPIN: Erm… Yeah.

SAURON: Well I guess I can afford to tell you my plan Clarice.

PIPPIN: I’m not Clarice.

SAURON: Oh, my memory’s going after a few eras. I meant Saruman. You haven’t seen him recently have you?

PIPPIN: Saruman? I don’t think- oh yeah! I know, he had a go at Theoden, tried to cook Gandalf, smacked Wormtongue and was eventually killed by Wormtongue. Heh, he had a knife in his back and was pushed off Orthanc onto a giant spinny wheel!

SAURON: Well, Wormtongue’ll do.

PIPPIN: Oh yeah, he got owned by Legolas.

SAURON: Memo to self: kill all members of the Fellowship and every free race standing. Make bigger army. Feed Whiskers.

PIPPIN: Come on what do you want?

SAURON: Ah, my plan. I plan to attack Gondor when they’re not ready, wipe out Osgiliath, and finish off Minas Tirith with the other pointy helmeted guy.

PIPPIN: Thanks, I’ll be going now.

SAURON: Not so fast! What do you know of the Ringbearer?

PIPPIN: Nuttin’, apart from the fact that he’s with some fat guy, being stalked by a sickening little thing called Gollum and that he’s probably on the borders of Mordor by now.

SCENE 8 – Got ya!

GANDALF: YOU BLITHERING-

PIPPIN: Got ya!

Scene 27 – Daddy

DENETHOR: So you retreated from Osgiliath at the first sign of Orcs?

FARAMIR: No, we got rid of around ten…

DENETHOR: You sent the Ring into Mordor, in the hands of some clone of that guy!

(He points at Pippin)

PIPPIN: (He is singing Beep by the Pussycat Dolls whilst moonwalking)

FARAMIR: Bringing the Ring back would mean unleashing all of Sauron’s forces on this city alone, and killing us all!

DENETHOR: I wanted to use it though!

FARAMIR: Daddy, why don’t you love me?

DENETHOR: I like Boromir better, now ge-

(He falls against his chair)

DENETHOR: My son! (Boromir appears walking towards his father when threee arrows hit him)

BOROMIR: ARROWED!

FARAMIR: Hello?

DENETHOR: OUT! OUT NOW!

Could you merge my Lord of the Rings DX thread with this one please? It has no posts, like many of my threads.

You'll have to ask one of the Creative mods (Shorty or RedShell). I'm sure they'll do it for you, Shorty is often bored :P

Well I like criticising people.

:nono:

Quiet you and your Higher English!

• 3 months later...
i used to make poor quality movies nothing good enough to post though

Pfft, you don't need high quality productions at all! No one is expected to really make a good film unless you are VERY talented. Here is more of the crap I've made:

Yay!

Sarka I think you and your friends are awesome!

Loving the videos, keep them coming please! Me and my friends always do stuff like this but somehow the videos get lost. I'll post some up when we make some more. I will make sure they get put up!!!

Oooh, don't you worry. They'll never end. There's a wealth of films that are nearly ready to be shown to the world, which include:

Mhairi Returns

Boarding School Nightmare (Part 1)

Karaoke

A Heart Bomb (working title)

Crap Expectations

Mhairi's Lament

Best Friend, Worst Enemy (working title)

Attack of the Lobsters

The filmings complete for all of these... They'll be up soonish.

Anyway, our media club is get £4k! Basically, it's a media club my friends made up so I'm heavily influential, we have to make a 5 minute film with the £4k, any ideas?

Oh, and also we made this film on New Years Eve:

Website that I work for is being completely redone, and the focus is now on video reviews (site will be called NTV or NintendoTV). So I get to review Zelda, Wii Sports, and some DS and Virtual Console games. Will post in here when I've filmed some reviews.

Well, I went to Letty's house on Friday, and we made a movie. Please note that I have no idea what's going on at the start with the grey, but it doesn't make any difference to the video really and that we barely shot enough to cover the song, that's why some of the shots go on for what seems like far to long.

• 4 weeks later...

I made more movies!

At my friends birthday, we made a happy happy movie, filled with joy and partiness! It is:

Also, at the start of the year me and my good friend, Ruth, made a wondrous film about an evil doctor. This is kinda different and kinda sucky for most people I would assume, we found it amusing though. :)

Enjoy!

Have you decided what you're doing with your £4000 yet?

Well, we have the first normal media club meeting tomorrow. We shall probably use it for props, costumes, hall hire etc. for our first production (which has to be about local community, as it's for a competition, arg (though it will still be exciting!)). I shall update you all with news of the excitement of media club *stands up*