NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bananagrabber

RIP Oscar

A few weeks ago, my parents decided to buy a puppy for my autistic brother, to try and help him understand how to treat others and responsibility.

When we got Oscar, the little 10 week old westie, he was oddly quiet, and his tail never wagged. He'd never bark, yap or make a sound.

We took him to the vet, and it turns out, he'd come from an Irish puppy farm, where the dogs are not taken care of in the least. His stomach was bloated, he had a tapeworm, he was malnourished and he had many other things wrong with him that I don't even know how to spell. He was prescribed medicine and it looked like he had quickly recovered, he was a lovely dog who'd jump on you and lick you to pieces, he always seemed to be in a good mood and he never bit, snarled or barked at anyone.

Apparently, he wasn't better. He was put down today in front of me because he had meningitis, probably because of the awful conditions of where he was born and raised for the first 10 weeks of his life.

He was 15 weeks old, he didn’t even get a chance at life.

That's horrible, I hate people who mistreat animals. Takes a lot to anger me, but this is one thing that enrages me completely. Do you have the full address of the puppy farm where he was mistreated? If you do, you should definitely report them. If it's anywhere near me, I'd almost be tempted to go beat the shit out of whoever runs the place.

Wow, that's awful man. Any hopes of getting that place he came from closed down?

I fucking hope so.

We've passed the adress on, and I really hope something will come of it.

It's my little brother's first day at a new school, and i'll need to tell him when he gets back.

We all really loved that dog :weep:

Omg that is soooo wrong!! Poor puppies!! I had to have my dog put down last saturday he had cancer :(

Sorry to hear about this. I feel your pain, sadly. =(

I hope the people who did this get what they deserve. Evil animal abusers...

Wow, that's awful man. Any hopes of getting that place he came from closed down?

I hope so. That's fuckin awful. I despise anyone who would willfully harm an animal like that.

Thats just terrible, its just like this in Spain, No-one knows how to treat animals with respect, and they just dump them on busy roads so they either die of starvation or get hit by a car.

sad sad story. i know how you feel, as i was only a child when our cat ran away. i was about 6/7 years old, and it just ran away one day. always thought he was run over by a bicycle though, i have no idea why.

Im afraid that i might have to go through an animal dying. our neighbours cat is like 19 years old, human years. that means according to this the cat is 80 years old, and cats are apparently meant to live to 10 human years.

Sign in to follow this