NEurope
Nick

PS3 Delayed Till 2007

Freakishly Silmilar to the delay the N64 had in Europe 10 years ago. I had no intention of buying PS3 untill Metal gear solid 4 comes out so this news dosnt effect me much other then any then the chance of a slight price drop late 2007 has probably just gone out the window.

This gives Nintendo breathing room......and the option to delay their console too if necessary. Probably a good idea to wait for the official Wii release date before dancing and singing about this news.

This gives Nintendo breathing room......and the option to delay their console too if necessary. Probably a good idea to wait for the official Wii release date before dancing and singing about this news.

Yeah I agree, you never know this might make Nintendo feel there's no rush to release the Wii until next year.

They just keep pounding us and pounding us!

Hey! I know you're excited, but keep it in the bedroom man! :wink:

Anyway, I find highly improbably that a similar thing is going to strike Nintendo. This PS3 development has taken many by surprise, but rumours about manufacturing difficulties of the unit have been circulating for awhile, while Nintendo have to date has suffered no such ill reputations. I'll be really quite surprised if wii isn't out in Europe by Christmas, and even if it is delayed in a similar fashion it's a safe bet Nintendo will have a hella lot more units available.

i feel sorry for the blind PS3 supporters and those who stuck up for the company post e3 after they failed to deliver on the previous years promise and failed to hit the initial march 06 launch date, then stole ideas from the 360 (market place, points, guide button) then stole from Wii, and left out a rumble feature, oh and the $600 price tag and now with a further delay in PAL regions and naff all good launch games when it finally does launch in the NTSC regions, oh, which will have such stock shortages as to make the 360 launch look a totally success.

sony love breaking promises and totally screwing over their fanbase, which i should think by now is going to get at least a 360 or Wii or both.

i really do feel sorry for PS3 fans, but hey theres always Wii :D

I guess no 360 price cut till spring then..gay

Please dont use "gay" as a bad word! We do have gay peoples on this Forum !

The truly ridiculous thing is that Sony already started their preorder campaign months ago and just launched the first PS3 launch promo site yesterday!(With the old date of course :awesome:)

euromaycry.gif

Today's Famitsu says Capcom have a surprising announcement regarding DMC4 at TGS, I'll leave the thinking up to you ;)

Please dont use "gay" as a bad word! We do have gay peoples on this Forum !

I will say what i please

Well thats you loss... :blank:

surely it would be his loss if he didn't say what he PLEASED?

They are screwing everything up....

With only 100.000 for Japan and 0 for Europe in day one... How will they win anything??

i love this :-

Dear Sony: It's Over

I'm sorry that it's come to this, but there was really no other way for me to tell you how I feel. By the time you read this I will be gone. I realise now that it's over between us and has been for a long time now. It's time to stop this charade and admit that we're not right for each other and probably never were.

18 D batteries Jesus Christ do I look like a tunnel? Oh sorry talking out loud here. Anyway what's news? I was going to write about Guitar Hero 2 today, but this news kind of just got me real cranky. I'll complain about Guitar Hero 2 next week. Heart Shaped Box, what the hell is that. It was a song written for Courtney "I deserve to die and have my maggot filled corpse spat on by passerby in the street" Love. I prefer to call her Courtney Cuntface, but that's just me. Um. God. Alyson Hannigan really is cute. Aww.

Remember back in May, when when you showed me that stupid wireless controller thing that nobody else wanted? That was a rough time for me, and all my friends told me that I should leave then, but I stuck it out and I thought we worked past it. I was determined that our future together with the Play Station 3 was going to be worth all the troubles. Blue Ray! Metal Gear Solid 4! It was such a beautiful dream and I wanted it to be true no matter what.

Then you unvieled the price. Six hundred fucking dollars! Do you even know how much that is? And then there's the exorbitant markup that you gave the European market. I can't afford that. Nobody I know can afford that. And then you tried to placate me with excuses about how it's cheaper than other things, like that fancy computer from Tron. And like a fool i believed you! I even put down a pre-order! Looking back now, I realise i was being naive and that you were just using me for cheap thrills. Well, no more.

Today was the breaking point. Delaying the PlayStation 3 to March 2007 because you couldn't make enough machines in time is the ultimate betrayal. Remember that slide show you put up at E3, Sony?

It said November 17.

Not March 2007.

And then there's the reduced American ship numbers and the paltry Japanese launch - how long until you start letting me down on those promises, too? I can't wait for you to show me any sign of commitment any more. It's over. I've returned my pre-order slip. The lies, the delays, the embarassing press conferences...I've had enough. You can keep your precious Japanese and American release dates. Your pathetic indifference to the promise you made to me about the November release date show you just don't care about my happiness. Fuck you, you selfish prick.

I've found someone else. They're reliable. They're here for me. They have a cool range of cheap games. Even that Assassins Creed game that was apparently just for you. It's an Xbox 360 and we're going to be happy together forever now that I'm finally rid of you.

Goodbye.

http://www.angry-gamer.net/pmwiki.php/Feature/Dear_Sony_Its_Over

Sony are only launching with 500,000 PS3s? God I hadn't realised they were having such extensive production problems.

OMFG

Brilliance :bowdown:

Brilliance? It was childish and more than a little pathetic. A bit like most of the posts in this thread...

Brilliance? It was childish and more than a little pathetic. A bit like most of the posts in this thread...

Like RedShell said, what do you expect? It's a Nintendo forum. Let the kids have fun with Sony's screw up. It's Sony's problem anyway, the diode issue is from their own manufacturing facilities.

Sony screws Europe over just as much as, if not more so than Nintendo.

And quite frankly, people that are posting the "USA centre of the world" garbage aren't too far fetched. That's how companies treat that place anyway.

You take it too personally, stop acting like you have shares in Nintendo and announcements like this will affect your investment..

Does it really matter? Sony always do this.. I was gonna get a PSP until the shipment for Europe got rerouted to the states in order to satisfy demand.

I went and bought a DS instead.. but why would that make you happy?

You really think there will be loads of people like me who will suddenly jump ship because the coolest 16-24 year old gadget gets delayed a few months? Meh.. think again.

Sony have Europe in their hands, stronger economy, more marketing they can afford to fuck the Europeans around.

Nintendo might sell a few more consoles.. whoopdeedoo.

You take it too personally, stop acting like you have shares in Nintendo and announcements like this will affect your investment..

Does it really matter? Sony always do this.. I was gonna get a PSP until the shipment for Europe got rerouted to the states in order to satisfy demand.

I went and bought a DS instead.. but why would that make you happy?

You really think there will be loads of people like me who will suddenly jump ship because the coolest 16-24 year old gadget gets delayed a few months? Meh.. think again.

Sony have Europe in their hands, stronger economy, more marketing they can afford to fuck the Europeans around.

Nintendo might sell a few more consoles.. whoopdeedoo.

Woah. That was directed at... me? I really couldn't care less. If anything, I'm a little worried that the pressure is now off Nintendo, and they may follow suit.