N-Europe

Cod 3 Multiplayer fears.

The fish

The problem I've always found with online multi-player games that require teamwork is that no-one other than me ever wants to use teamwork, they just want to freeroam and get as many frags as possible.

it's those kinda people i don't want to be having direct audio communication with unless i allow them. once i play and realise there's a few decent people i'll allow communication to them. this is why i (hopefully) see nintendo not allowing direct communication with strangers straight outta the box, so to speak. choosing someone as a rival like in metroid hunters could open up communication for example.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64 players in Battlefield 2 does NOT lag. I said 64 players.

Indeed, if the net code is well written I'm sure Wii games (and all online console games this-gen) could support more players without lag. The only thing I wonder about is the cache, it doesn't sound like the Wii has an awful lot of memory or storage space like a high-end PC so perhaps that will be a limiting factor.

Lets first of all hope that it has online multiplayer for Wii. Everyone is being very quiet about this topic and it is starting to worry me a little. Sort out the online and do it quickly.

It does.

If it doesn't then Treyardh has a very wierd definition of "24 players online on all platforms".

No, I mean the cookie-cutter world war games which seem much more at home on Sony and MS's offerings.

Get off your high horse and accept that while there may be rather a lot of WWII games around just now some of them, like the CoD series, are extremely good.

One could argue that the Zelda games are very cookie-cutter, essentially the same progression in every game with mostly the same items and similar bosses.

Of course those games are still very good for other reasons, same with CoD.

The Gamecube has shown that Nintendo cannot stand by and say "this game seems much more at home on Sony and MS's offerings" or the Wii will fail. Simple as that - amazing first-party titles are one thing but people don't like being left out of the game all their friends are raving about because it isn't on their system.

One could argue that the Zelda games are very cookie-cutter, essentially the same progression in every game with mostly the same items and similar bosses.

Shhhhhhhhhh, jeez you will give nintendo's game away.

Lets first of all hope that it has online multiplayer for Wii. Everyone is being very quiet about this topic and it is starting to worry me a little. Sort out the online and do it quickly.

you'll notice a lot of developers are basically saying they're not talking about online yet, or will announce it later. this doesn't mean they're not working on it, i think it simply means when it comes to online Wii they're still under NDA's and can't say anything until nintendo announce their full online plans. fair enough i say, can't have any more ideas being stolen!!

My worry with these kind of franchises is that they're going to be developed for its 'home consoles' (The 360 and PS3) and shoe-horned into the Wii, while the controller is going to be utilised as a clumsy afterthought, that's all - it's certainly not the kind of game I had in mind when I decided to buy a Wii. The DS is a similar kind of thing - underpowered (comparitively), but more honed to the right sort of games for the platform and with a unique control system. How many multi platform games are any good on the DS? And is the DS a failure because of it?

If I ever wanted to play yet another WWII game, personally I'd do it on my PC, but each to their own I guess.

I don't see the Zelda comparison at all - Zelda is one series, of course those games are going to be similar. How many WWII series are there? If it was just one franchise of Medal of Call Of Honour To Brothers of Blood In Arms of Duty, I'd understand the analogy.

Some info about classes:

There are seven classes, weather or not their are limits is not known:

Rifleman: M1 Garand/M1A1 Carbine/Lee-enfield/Kar98K/G43 + rifle grenades

Light assault: thompson/sten/grease gun/MP40 + anti-personnel mines

Heavy assault: presumably BAR/MP44/bren + anti-personnel mines

Support gunner: MG34/.30 cal/possibly BAR or bren with bipod/possibly MG42 + ammo packs

Anti-armour support: Bazooka/Panzerfaust/Panzershreck/possibly anti-tank rifle +ammo packs

Medic: unknown weapons-hopefully just a pistol + medical kit (revives fallen comerades)

Scout: scoped M1 Garand/scoped Lee-enfield/scoped Kar98K/scoped Springfield + binoculars & radio (call in artillery/air strikes)

Hopefully all except the first 3 will be limited.

My worry with these kind of franchises is that they're going to be developed for its 'home consoles' (The 360 and PS3) and shoe-horned into the Wii, while the controller is going to be utilised as a clumsy afterthought, that's all - it's certainly not the kind of game I had in mind when I decided to buy a Wii.

According to this month's Edge, the Wii version of CoD3 is being developed specifically to use the Wiimote's features and so will be coming out later than the versions on PS3 and Xbox 360. I appreciate the worry that games might implement the Wiimore "just because", and I'm sure we'll see some of that (even at launch, probably) - but from what I've read CoD3 won't be one of these games.

My worry with these kind of franchises is that they're going to be developed for its 'home consoles' (The 360 and PS3) and shoe-horned into the Wii, while the controller is going to be utilised as a clumsy afterthought, that's all - it's certainly not the kind of game I had in mind when I decided to buy a Wii. The DS is a similar kind of thing - underpowered (comparitively), but more honed to the right sort of games for the platform and with a unique control system. How many multi platform games are any good on the DS? And is the DS a failure because of it?.

ofcourse you are right about the DS, and i expect some developers will try to shoehorn their games onto the Wii until they get used to it and start using a bit of imagination. the DS suffered from it a lot at the beginning but look at it now! looking at the launch line-up, Wii shouldn't have anywhere near the amount of shoehorned games thankfully.

According to Gonintendo it isn't online,it was apparently a missprint.

“That was a misprint on Game Informer’s part. We wanted to clear up that the Wii version will not have online multiplayer, but is being developed to take advantage of the unique controls and provide an amazing single player interactive experience.”

Source

This is quite frankly pathetic if it's really true.

According to Gonintendo it isn't online,it was apparently a missprint.

Source

This is quite frankly pathetic if it's really true.

I too read this. I think it is likely to be true. I think it is Stupid. Nintendo Wii is looking worse everyday.:nono: :nono: *Hard to swallow but true*

Now I'll have to get Farcry at launch. (Really hope Ubisoft dont screw that up)

The PC version it is:p

I find it really really bad that this isn't online.I'm really beggining to doubt the online service now,just when I thought there was some up,it just goes away.What are the online games announced so far,aren't they all from Nintendo?

I think Nintendo might not be giving out online details to developers yet.I had really high hopes for the multi-player on this.

The fuck?

But they said it was on all platforms in a video interveiw on gametrailers.com, and in a copy of OXM.

Fucking retards.

I'll have to get the more expensive 360 version now...

That's fucking ruined the Wii's launch, and much of it's appeal.

I know some hardcore PC gamers who so badly wanted CoD3, they were going to buy a Wii just for it.

Nice of them to take out HALF THE FUCKING GAME.

The fuck?

But they said it was on all platforms in a video interveiw on gametrailers.com, and in a copy of OXM.

Fucking retards.

I'll have to get the more expensive 360 version now...

That's fucking ruined the Wii's launch, and much of it's appeal.

I know some hardcore PC gamers who so badly wanted CoD3, they were going to buy a Wii just for it.

Nice of them to take out HALF THE FUCKING GAME.

I know i'm really annoyed about it just now because I was really looking forward to playing it online.Way to go to attract people...

I know i'm really annoyed about it just now because I was really looking forward to playing it online.Way to go to attract people...

Talk about lots of bad news in one day, first my school tells me that because they are so elitist, snobby, and run by a bunch of fucktards, I can't do the subjects I want at A-level, and now this, the sequel to my favorite game atm, and second sequal to my favorite game ever, is not going to have multiplayer on the version I really want to get because the controls look great.

Apparently Treyarch fucked up CoD2:BRO's (the fake CoD2...) singleplayer my making it all in corridors, so this'll be a great shite game.

Probably a shite SP mode, and, apparently, no MP mode.

Wooperdy-fucking-doo...

This is a real bummer for people who really wanted some online action but I have a feeling by next Christmas that third parties will follow the example games like Smash Bros will have made and many titles will hopefully have online play.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!