N-Europe

Laptops...

Caris

Whats the best Laptop i could get for about £650 max, i know its not much but all i really want it for is playing music and the internet, a little bit of Photoshop or editing aswell, not really games though.

Im not sure what to look out for on laptops, any advice?

little off-topic but where would you recommend I shop for a laptop for about £1000-1500?

any websites or stores (such as PC World?)

http://computerprices.pricegrabber.co.uk/search_attrib.php/form_keyword=/topcat_id=/page_id=13/lo_p=1000/hi_p=1500/Update_Results=Update%20Results/sortby=priceA

Ive set the price range you stated and you can filter what specs/brand you want for your laptop on the left hand side of the page.

Nah, i want a Normall laptop windows etc, and i just cant go above £650 at all, im pushing it as it is :)
A Macbook is really good... you can install windows too. best of both worlds ;)

You won't get a Pentium M 1,83 GHz lower than that (although it has integrated graphics)

Without going on specifics... I wouldn't advise you a laptop without a dual core as that is the new standard.

As for graphics card... depending on the use... a GMA 950 is enough for 80% of the users (or more) the other 20% probably need a desktop PC ^_^.

Look out for "Samsung NP-R65 C000" it's the cheapest dual core portable on sale here in Portugal, found it at 600£

I can't be of help for finding it there though, as I don't know the UK market.

I would seriously advise against getting a Dell.

I may have been unlucky but my old one died after only 14 months. After running various diagnostic tests it was deduced that the motherboard was to blame. I was quoted repair costs of anything up to £475 because I hadn't taken the extended insurance , but after only 14 months of usage there was no way I was going to stump up that amount.

What made it worse is that I discovered it was a well known problem with that particular model (Dimension 5150) at the time and yet Dell denied any responsibilty for it , and I will never buy anything from them again.

As for your purchasing options , I would have also advised going with the MacBook but you have already stated that that is not an option for you , so no other ideas immediately spring to mind.

Thanks for th advice guys, i just bought a packard bell easynote V, duel core centrino processor, 80gig HDD, subwoofer, 1gig of RAM intergrated 128mb Grpahics, does all i need as the laptop wont be used for games, grabed it with a case for £650 :)

Thanks for th advice guys, i just bought a packard bell easynote V, duel core centrino processor, 80gig HDD, subwoofer, 1gig of RAM intergrated 128mb Graphics, does all i need as the laptop wont be used for games, grabed it with a case for £650 :)
really good specs for the price...

I forgot mentioning Packard Bell since that brand doesn't appear much in here... (like Dell, Compaq, Gateway and others)

Did you knew Packard Bell is wholy owned by NEC? :D You get components like a NEC TFT screen and NEC DVD drive out on the cheap.