NEurope
AFB

IGN... Hmmm...

Wow that was weird...

Well my dad works for IBM so i'll ask him when he comes home from work tomorrow night. Interesting rumours none-the-less.

So I hope he spilled the beans and told you some cool insider information ...

Only for comparison :

Broadway 256kb L1 cache!!!

Amd-athlon 64 fx 128 kb L1 cache!!!

pentium 4 8/16 kb L1 cache!!

ppc 970fx/mp 32/64 kb L1 cache!!!

the L1 of broadway seems to be very very big.... let´s see what this could bring to the wii!

Pedrolowsky where are you?

It doesn't really mean that much Goku. Often the cache is sized up to give low speed processors a performance boost. Because the CPU isn't that fast, the L1 cache (which runs at the same speed as the CPU) doesn't need to be that fast either, so adding much of it doesn't cost that much. You see it in the new Intel Core CPUs - their clock speed is quite a bit lower than the Pentium 4s and suddenly Intel can give them 2 or 4 MBs L2 cache easily.

It's a good thing there's so much cache though, it'll help performance. The reason why there's so much of it really only means that the clock frequency is quite low.

there has never been a cpu with 256kb of L1, if you don´t count industrial solutions,...

Where did they actually say "in September"? I know people have been saying it for a while but I haven't actually seen the source.

In the newest ONM they state that they can't wait for September because of the Wii launch details being released!

It's in like a little chart (like hot and not for e.g).

I have to get the page number....

August 24th is near September, obviously, but it's not September...:wtf:

I'm so confused...i just want launch details now, so i can preorder one!

Well, there is gonna be something a Leipzig that's for sure. Although the time seems perfect for launch details, the same thing was said before E3.

It's strange though, when I saw the title of the nintendo conference at Leipzig "Wii prove our promise", I knew I had heard promise being said somewhere just a while ago in nintendo footage. After searching, it was George Harrison saying it at the start of his E3 presentation: "What we've given you today is a promise,..." .

Either way, Leipzig may show some interesting stuff, who knows (and I'm crossing fingers), maybe Europe gets the Wii first. :)

Of course , 32 player wifi f-zero Wii demonstration would be cool to :) :) :)

Can someone show me where he actually said "in September" please? I haven't seen that anywhere other than these forums.... :S

Can someone show me where he actually said "in September" please? I haven't seen that anywhere other than these forums.... :S

OK. It's page 009 in the ONM.

It states in the Hot and Not section!

Wii. In four weeks it'll be September. In September we will find out everything (well, nearly) about the Wii's launch!

So the official mag is saying 'In September'.

Lets hope it, everything is announced the 24th though! :smile:

23rd you mean ;)

OK. It's page 009 in the ONM.

It states in the Hot and Not section!

Wii. In four weeks it'll be September. In September we will find out everything (well, nearly) about the Wii's launch!

So the official mag is saying 'In September'.

I think that's just (another) screw up on ONM's part, no other websites are reporting that has happened.

God, I hate ONM.

I think that's just (another) screw up on ONM's part, no other websites are reporting that has happened.

God, I hate ONM.

I'm beginning to think ONM have got it wrong as well!

23rd August is a great time to announce all the launch details! So i'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that we'll be told everything.

Not long now!

Well my guess is that ONM gets the information earlier (august maybe) and will publish it in its september/october issue.

So like usual most people will already know the "breaking news" before.

for heaven's sake it's NOT a screw up!! a magazine is finished a week or two before it is on sale!! at the time of writing they probably were not informed about the german show! we only knew about it after they had probably sent the issue to the printers.

i hate the way some people here trounce the magazines because their news is "slow". that's the print trade folks! how can you expect them to print about it before nintendo released the news??

besides, if you read certain phrases in the issue, they are dropping hints about something that could be this show but they are obviously bound by NDA's!! leave off them, they are doing a sterling job at their in-dpeth news stories direct from nintendo and the developers. we may hear about ceratin stories first online but you can be assured the ONM articles will be more in-depth, that's the way of the world.

Ngamer is a brilliant magazine

Please...

The first issue was very underwhelming because everything it talked about has been covered repeatedly in the past two months.

It's design is rubbish, i much prefer the sleek modern designs of ONM and Edge.

And it tried to earn some credibility by giving out harsh scores compared to the biased ONM, but it seems silly that Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2 and Super Monkey Ball 2 scored higher than Metroid Prime.

ngamer is brand new, so ofcourse it is going to have a general round-up of the last few month's news, but i too feel they are being harsh for the sake of being harsh, rather than just being honest. i think they are trying too hard to differentiate themselves from ONM. instead, they feel more like Gamesmaster, a lot of info squeezed into too small a space.

that said, it was still enjoyable but i found the most enjoyable bits being the random stuff near the end, so that's kinda worrying for its furure.

ONM still rules! i love its design, its subtle humour and its more mature outlook on the world of nintendo. and it seems to have a nice personal "feel" in its writing with regards to its staff (like in the recent Wii feature), although maybe that's more to do with the fact that they're more relaxed now with each other, and ngamer is still in its early days.

we're always gonna get most of the news first online, but it can be covered more in-depth with a magazine that can have access to places and people the net sites can't, and then there's big exclusives too.

ONM site is rubbish tho. if its forums were run by the magazine staff it would be cool, but that is unfortunately impossible due to the obvious amount of work they have to do already. however, they've given mod status to a bunch of p****s and so the forums are absolute rubbish. i've tried giving them time but they still suck.

to me, personally, revo-europe and ONM the magazine perfectly complement each other.

Please...

The first issue was very underwhelming because everything it talked about has been covered repeatedly in the past two months.

It's design is rubbish, i much prefer the sleek modern designs of ONM and Edge.

And it tried to earn some credibility by giving out harsh scores compared to the biased ONM, but it seems silly that Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2 and Super Monkey Ball 2 scored higher than Metroid Prime.

what!!!!!!! How can u say pikmin is better than metroid prime with a straight face!!? I hate pikmin(never played the second one mind)

ngamer is brand new, so ofcourse it is going to have a general round-up of the last few month's news, but i too feel they are being harsh for the sake of being harsh, rather than just being honest. i think they are trying too hard to differentiate themselves from ONM. instead, they feel more like Gamesmaster, a lot of info squeezed into too small a space.

that said, it was still enjoyable but i found the most enjoyable bits being the random stuff near the end, so that's kinda worrying for its furure.

ONM still rules! i love its design, its subtle humour and its more mature outlook on the world of nintendo. and it seems to have a nice personal "feel" in its writing with regards to its staff (like in the recent Wii feature), although maybe that's more to do with the fact that they're more relaxed now with each other, and ngamer is still in its early days.

we're always gonna get most of the news first online, but it can be covered more in-depth with a magazine that can have access to places and people the net sites can't, and then there's big exclusives too.

ONM site is rubbish tho. if its forums were run by the magazine staff it would be cool, but that is unfortunately impossible due to the obvious amount of work they have to do already. however, they've given mod status to a bunch of p****s and so the forums are absolute rubbish. i've tried giving them time but they still suck.

to me, personally, revo-europe and ONM the magazine perfectly complement each other.

my favourite is still gamesmaster after all these years. It might look a bit old fashioned these days but its still one of the cheaper ones over here only 6.00 euro.Very colourful and takes the piss out of the bad games.Anyone like the cube?I know it's finished but they were the nost funny

what!!!!!!! How can u say pikmin is better than metroid prime with a straight face!!? I hate pikmin(never played the second one mind)

Pikmin is great i'v completed both but better then prime no way, that goes for super monkey ball 2 and animal crossing as well.

I stopped buying magazines when they stopped sending official nintendo magazine to republic of ireland. But i think i might start getting gamemaster. Is it any good