NEurope
Retro_Link

Luigi's Mansion Wii? and VC games bundled?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5656

The latest issue of EGM over in the US has the following two Nintendo-related rumours in it:

Luigi's Mansion is in development for the Nintendo Wii;

Virtual Console game will be bundled with certain games.

Wonder if Luigi's Mansion 2 will be shown as one of Nintendo's 5 new games (along with Super Mario Strikers)!

Wouldn't be suprised, it's such an obvious choice for the Wii!

If the Virtual Console rumour is true, I guess it will work similar to the Stars you got with Gamecube games!

luigis mansion was hinted at in the earliest wii promo videos - so its possible.

I hope Luigi sill humps the furnature, HAHAHA. That's the funniest part; oh, and E. Gadd should be in it again too, maybe playing a larger role? yabo yabo

My only concern is that Luigi's mansion will end up being too short again. Mario Strikers and Luigi's Mansion weren't really two of the games I wanted out of the five, but the controller would make LM very welcome (i've practically BEGGED for them to announce this; I really have!)

Bundling VC games (or VC Credit or however they work the payment system) with games would be a great idea. Especially if they made it small like only the value of a NES game or something, but they would build up so if you cashed in the value of a few Wii games you could get an N64 game. The reason I suggest this is it would be a good way to get people to try the VC for no real cost to them, but if people really liked it they would buy more VC games (rather than just get a free one every few months) and make it more successful for Nintendo.

Bundling stuff like a classic Metroid game with Metroid Prime 3 and one of the NES Mario games with Galaxy might be a good example if they wanted to bundle specific games rather than give an amount of credit or a game of the customer's choice.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bundled VC games, it seems like the kind of thing Nintendo would do. Such a loving company, they're always thinking of us :) Plus it'd build recognition for the VC, so it's win win.

I can't wait to see what's announced in Leipzig in a few weeks.

I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 will be a Wii title, the first one was brilliant and the ending was so funny.

luigis mansion will be on wii!I would be stupid of them not to!Not sure about the launch though.But it would work so well i'm begging them too!

ooooooo, my hands of nintendo gossip are rubbing maliciously mwahahahahaaaa!

that'd be awesome!!!

the VC bit is kinda expected and as LukeLee said the luigis mansion bit was hinted at in the Wii-mote unveiling trailer. would be absolutly stunning to play now though with the force feedback on the Wii-mote :D

im sad i got rid of my Luigis mansion i got at launch or else i would play through it again tomorrow hehe

The only problem I could think of with bundling VC games is that they will probably have exclusive ones not normally available at some point e.g. Get Metroid NES with MP3 but then not putting Metroid NES on for normal prices/download and therefore alot of people could miss out.

I'm also hoping the VC won't be region specific so we all get the same game selections (Really wants Tales of Phantasia translated for VC!!!:awesome: or even better a brand new Tales of game for Wii! )

Such a loving company, they're always thinking of us :)

Nintendo are great, but let's not start pretending they actually have any respect for their European customers. Plenty of classic games have never made it here to the EU and we're all familiar with how long it can take certain titles to cross the pond (WarioWare Twisted, Harvest Moon.....)

Checked out the EU Stars Catalogue anytime recently? :wink:

I'd love to see Nintendo changing this attitude with this generation.

We NEED luigi's mansion on Wii. I can see how great it could be.

And nintendo should have some respect to the "other" countries of Europe, by letting us spend our stars on VC games, since the portuguese and various other european fellas, can not buy stuff with our stars just because our countries are not "suported".:horse:

And nintendo should have some respect to the "other" countries of Europe, by letting us spend our stars on VC games, since the portuguese and various other european fellas, can not buy stuff with our stars just because our countries are not "suported".:horse:

That's a lot of wasted stars you must have... how about giving them to a worthy cause i.e. Me ;)

As short as Luigi's Mansion was, it was an amazing game. It really really showed off the power of the GameCube not to mention it was great fun.

Imagine if they bundled it up with Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. Upon buying the game, you can download 3 classic games, all based on the characters in the game.

the vc bundles is something that i predicted a while back, and am still expecting. pokekids example of MP3 and M-NES is exactly the what i was thinking of. but i doubt that nintendo would make the 'bundled games' exclusive to title purchase.

imagine playing a 'kid icarus wii' (for arguements sake) and getting a free download of the original! i think that its a great idea.

or 'beating event battle 100' in smash bros brawl, and getting a free download of the original...

or maybe on unlocking 'character X' you also get 'character X's first NES game available for download.

there is so much that nintendo can do with this. and i think, they should do AS MUCH AS THEY CAN!

if it becomes public knowledge that if you get a certain game, you also get heaps more included... itd be the best advertising ever.

=-=-=-=-=-=

as for luigis mansion. it is bound to happen one day. nintendo would be stupid not to implement a wiimote thing into it.

the budling will be done,imagine if they did it with their stars catolgue,it would be legendary!

or 'beating event battle 100' in smash bros brawl, and getting a free download of the original...

or maybe on unlocking 'character X' you also get 'character X's first NES game available for download.

That is actually a great idea.

QFT, i really like that idea and will weep if its not even thought up at Nintendo HQ.

I'd love to play Twilight princess then at the end of the game I get a message. I look at it and its from Nintendo, 'well done etc, heres the NES version'. that would be cool.

Luigis mansion was great, I got it on launch day and completed it 3 times. I wouldn't mind a sequel.

Luigis mansion was great, I got it on launch day and completed it 3 times. I wouldn't mind a sequel.

4 times here.

I'm better than you.:p

(although i never owned the game)

Although that is a good idea, if they did things like that too often people wouldn't bother buying VC games at all and instead just read guides on how to unlock them for free.

luigis mansion was hinted at in the earliest wii promo videos - so its possible.
there's more to it than that though.

Gyration demonstrated how their technologies could "enhance" such titles as Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, and Rogue Squadron
Source: http://www.gamecubicle.com/news-nintendo_gyration.htm

One of these games "rogue squadron" isn't even first party so I think they demonstrated without messing with the code... said this... I'd rather have a patch to play the original with the wiimote at this time.

A lot of games shown at that video were just GC games... the metroid prime one was probably a enhanced metroid prime 2, like the one shown to the journalists.

As for Luigi's Mansion 2... I'd rather not have it on Wii's first year, because it was considered a mistake having it as a flasgship title for GC... Mario should be out 6 months after the launch, so technically they would be competing for sales in the first year, and we know Mario Galaxy would sell more. Luigi should come afterwards, when Mario Galaxy sales are dropping...

when mario galaxy sales drop.luigi's mansion wouln't help but mario kart will!

exactly, it would be better for Nintendo to assemble a roadmap, giving all titles a chance to shine... luigi's mansion time given it was not that popular should be after Wii's first 1,5/2 years or so... it's also important for Nintendo to keep the titles coming out throughout the generation... Luigi might come in handy... but not at launch, IMO.

sure the titles are diferent, but they will colide in sales since they are for the same consumers, and a lot of them won't buy the two, they need time to breath.