NEurope
dabookerman

N4S Carbon wii - 3rd november

it looks like november then. well my birthday is september so if i get cash for Bday then put it in savings account i could earn enough interest to buy 1 10th of a game at release.

Well november or october, all i need is an XBox 360 price cut for um massive damage ahem

Don't expect a price cut for the 360 until 2007. Word on the street is that MS don't want to cut the price because doing so would further increase the price different between the 360 and the PS3, and might make Joe Public think the PS3 is clearly superior because of its much higher price.

looking at the DS lite I think Nintendo will have lots of problems meeting demand, at least in Japan. 2 million Wii's for september wasn't it?

how many DS lites did they sell in the first month of release in Japan?

and how many in the US?

Japan I seem to recall an insane number of sales in January, and they were totally sold out for a while...

I can't speak for America, but here in the UK the buzz is all about the PS3 unless you're a particularly informed gamer who values fun over graphics.

The PS3 is just 'cool' to people in the UK cause there friends likes/has them.

EDIT- Heres the same pages as Die but it's from UBI.co.uk.

Rayman

Redsteel

The PS3 is just 'cool' to people in the UK cause there friends likes/has them.

And Playstation is a brand the public in general know and trust. Most people don't know about Sony's rootkit fiasco, and don't stop and think about how few games they'll be able to buy when they are £50+.

Your friends liking/having something is one of the best ways for something to become popular, it's certainly one of the reasons I investigated the DS further and decided to buy one myself.

Do not underestimate the PS3 being "cool". I'll be telling all my friends and family about the Wii as I do with my DS, and especially telling them how cheap the console and games are compared to the PS3.

And Playstation is a brand the public in general know and trust.

Dunno how people can trust them when most Playstations stop working after a couple of years!

I've been saying October 27th for a while now, and stand by my prediction. I am slightly worried that I am wrong, however, as it makes little sense to release a game just a week after console launch...

And Playstation is a brand the public in general know and trust. Most people don't know about Sony's rootkit fiasco, and don't stop and think about how few games they'll be able to buy when they are £50+.

Your friends liking/having something is one of the best ways for something to become popular, it's certainly one of the reasons I investigated the DS further and decided to buy one myself.

Do not underestimate the PS3 being "cool". I'll be telling all my friends and family about the Wii as I do with my DS, and especially telling them how cheap the console and games are compared to the PS3.

I think everything you've said in this thread makes a lot of sense. Wii will be big I think, but I still think a massive amount of people will buy PS3's simply because it's Playstation.

Dunno how people can trust them when most Playstations stop working after a couple of years!

As much as I hate Sony, I had my PS1 a year after it was launched. I beleive that around 8-10 years now. It is still working (replaying ff7 and ff8).

But as for PS2 my m8s stopped working a couple of weeks ago and he has had it for about 2 years now. I haven't got a PS2 but I think they are the most unreliable system this gen.

i hope ea power the wii graphics to the limit.Need for speed have an annoying habit of looking like shit

I haven't had first-hand experience of this (had a PS2 for over 4 years and never a problem) but I have to agree with you, the PS2 laser becoming faulty is a common problem. My mum told me a while back that my brother and sister's PS2 had broken and I just said "get the laser checked, I'll give you a tenner if it's something else". Of course, it was the laser.

My point still stands though: Sony is a well-known brand that people see everywhere. Sony's cosumer electronic side is diminishing but most people can remember seeing Sony TVs and VCRs etc in shops. For many members of the public (especially parents who aren't gamers), Playstation 2 is the games console that people have.

People will come up to me in work and ask if we have a game in stock. When I ask "For what [platform]?" about three-quarters look at me as if I'm an idiot and simply say "Playstation 2...".

Methinks EA is guessing still. It's a good guess though.

I doubt Nintendo's made the final decision yet. Most staff should be enjoying holiday by now.

I can't speak for America, but here in the UK the buzz is all about the PS3 unless you're a particularly informed gamer who values fun over graphics.

It isn't round here. I know one person who wants to buy a PS3 (but can't afford it), and he wants a Wii too.

And I know quite a lot of people who are buying a Wii, and a load more who are interested in one.

It isn't round here. I know one person who wants to buy a PS3 (but can't afford it), and he wants a Wii too.

And I know quite a lot of people who are buying a Wii, and a load more who are interested in one.

Oh same here, but the people I know are much more informed than the everyday man-on-the-street. I work in a game shop and people don't come in and ask about the Wii release date (though Lites have been selling well and we make a point of telling everyone who seems interested about the Wii), they ask about the PS3 release date. Then we tell them the price. Then when they've fainted and regained their composure we tell them about the Wii.

Like you I'm not sure I can name anyone who I know is getting a PS3 on release for sure, but as I said there are a lot of those people out there, it's just my I know a lot of Nintendo fans.

I was shoping around and found this at one of our supplyers.

Wii.bmp

That transelates as £ 169 and the date as 31.October.06

the word from gaming site Eurogamer is that EA have now retracted the date, saying it was "put there by mistake". The title now has a simple Q4 release date instead.

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9382

That almost confirms the date. After all if a game is well into the future they sometimes give out a release date that is corrected later on but most of the time they'll give a month or Quarter but EA seemed pretty sure about the 3rd but withdrew it.

Confirmation enough for me.

It'll come out next week with no games, then games are released in oct-nov

I think it's 3rd November as well now.

That date would never have been retracted if no-one bothered to ask about it.

EA quickly took the date down and made it look as though it was a mistake...when it wasn't.

I'm pretty sure it's 3rd November now. If not, end-of October. It has to be!