Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

How the hell does everyone get so good at this, I must suck. I get great completion time, great kill rate but mostly poor on everything else. I just find it too much when you have to shoot objects and people at the same time, it should be made obvious to you which lights and stuff have items/files in them.

Anyone have tips for me cause Im finding this difficult to get good grades. I'll usually complete the level but without achieving a great deal.

Also are the enemies constantly the same? Ive got to the end of the mansion incident and raccon destruction, so im completing the wesker missions, but the green goblin things and dogs repeat in every level. Where's the variety? Bosses are solid, some you have to be pin-point whilst moving and is very tricky. 2 player is piss however, basically you just have fun murking everybody.

You want to get yourself over to http://www.gamefaqs.com you can download free guides. I need one to pick up the hidden files etc. It's a tough game, I only enjoy it on easy. My biggest gripe is the sweet spot is too small and having to shoot a zombie 6 times in the face to get him to fall back is a bit over the top!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to get yourself over to http://www.gamefaqs.com you can download free guides. I need one to pick up the hidden files etc. It's a tough game, I only enjoy it on easy. My biggest gripe is the sweet spot is too small and having to shoot a zombie 6 times in the face to get him to fall back is a bit over the top!

yeah I didnt really want to have to resort to those methods but I guess its probably OK

so you can get S grade on easy mode then?

i did slightly better on a mission today, A grade, so not too shabby. I think my main problem is fear of ammo depletion. Maybe if you use sub for most of the level destroying all the objects and shit then you'd be able to get more ammo anyway.

I'd never really played any other Resident Evil game apart from RE4, but my girlfriend loved them, which is why we got this. I have to say, I've really enjoyed it so far (and having just completed the third co-op mission in the fourth segment, I think we've pretty much reached the end). Loved the references to the first film in the fourth segment, especially.

yeah I didnt really want to have to resort to those methods but I guess its probably OK

so you can get S grade on easy mode then?

i did slightly better on a mission today, A grade, so not too shabby. I think my main problem is fear of ammo depletion. Maybe if you use sub for most of the level destroying all the objects and shit then you'd be able to get more ammo anyway.

I've got the S rank on all the RE0 and RE1 sections (including the extra missions) I have all A and S ranks on the rest and am just clearing them up nicely.

Another slightly annoying thing about this is the cross hair takes a little time getting used to, the only in the shooting game on Wii Play is actually more responsive.

I just find it too much when you have to shoot objects and people at the same time, it should be made obvious to you which lights and stuff have items/files in them.

It kind of is...It's usually the bigger, more obvious lights that have things in...such as ones above doorways. It seems it's more when destructable objects are on their own, or it's a bigger object amoungst (?how the hell do you spell that?) smaller ones etc.

I've only played the game a bit, so I'm sure there are lots of bits not hidden as "obviously", but from what I've found (since I usually shoot a lot of objects when the zombies are far enough off and whoever else is playing with me's dealing with them *breath*) items are usually in the more alone objects etc.

Edit: The last boss is crazy!!....Can't do him.

Edit: The last boss is crazy!!....Can't do him.

What boss would that be. I dont know if I have come to the end, haven't played for a while, but bascially I have 4 File things on mission select and im guessing thats all. Havent unlocked all of Weskers stuff.

Some zombies just take the piss tbh. Normal mode and they take 8 pistol bullets quite happily.

Kinda like the original games. Unless you pop a headshot, you'd need a ton of ammo just to get rid of them. RE:UC sure is not House of the Dead.

What boss would that be. I dont know if I have come to the end, haven't played for a while, but bascially I have 4 File things on mission select and im guessing thats all. Havent unlocked all of Weskers stuff.

The one with the missile arm and the annoying "vines" once you beat him ones.

I've dont him now...With a mate though:) I used the big Rocket Launcher that has 3 letters for a name:heh: and my mate used the Uzi.

The one with the missile arm and the annoying "vines" once you beat him ones.

I've dont him now...With a mate though:) I used the big Rocket Launcher that has 3 letters for a name:heh: and my mate used the Uzi.

Was that on normal? I didnt find the tentacle bit too difficult but it was solid. I thought there'd be a few more missions but I guess the presentation was top-notch and the game was very fun. Something to have a blast through every now and then.

Is it me or are the Wesker missions solid? He talks like a dick. Its a good narrator voice but when you see him talking like that in cut-scenes it kills the effect.

Is that gun the MRK or something. There's a couple of launchers.

Bosses with thin tentacles were god-damn annoying, apart from the plant boss which wasnt that hard to hit them

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maase

Okay, monday i had the game, and i played very well

When i looked, i was on the second mission already, and i tought (What the hell? There are only 3 missions, im not gonna kill my 50 euros with 50 minutes only :\)

So i decided i would play this game the hard way so it will take more time :)

I reset the game and i only go to the next level when i finish in the "S" mark the other :)

In the first level, i already have all the files except one, and i discovered how to find him (but then the Remote stop working, and i cried while seeing the zombies killing me and washing my 10 minute work...)

This way, the game is being awesome, and problably i will only finish him in 10 weeks (and, i can buy a game in five, so its a good deal :P)

Its a great game, and its surprisingly good to a Lightgun game, you have to be strategic, you have to think, you have to find all the secrets and destroy a lot of objects.

Its one of my favourite games (if not the favourite) from Wii :o

And... to end the long post, its a good introduction for the first 4 games, after this, i can buy the Resident Evil 4 ^^

The only problem i can find in this game is that the music isn't creepy, this game looks more like an action game than a Horror one, but i guess it saves me from some nightmares, so whatever :P

Tomorrow, im gonna play it again, its awesome ^^

Okay, monday i had the game, and i played very well

When i looked, i was on the second mission already, and i tought (What the hell? There are only 3 missions, im not gonna kill my 50 euros with 50 minutes only :\)

So i decided i would play this game the hard way so it will take more time :)

I reset the game and i only go to the next level when i finish in the "S" mark the other :)

In the first level, i already have all the files except one, and i discovered how to find him (but then the Remote stop working, and i cried while seeing the zombies killing me and washing my 10 minute work...)

This way, the game is being awesome, and problably i will only finish him in 10 weeks (and, i can buy a game in five, so its a good deal :P)

Its a great game, and its surprisingly good to a Lightgun game, you have to be strategic, you have to think, you have to find all the secrets and destroy a lot of objects.

Its one of my favourite games (if not the favourite) from Wii :o

And... to end the long post, its a good introduction for the first 4 games, after this, i can buy the Resident Evil 4 ^^

The only problem i can find in this game is that the music isn't creepy, this game looks more like an action game than a Horror one, but i guess it saves me from some nightmares, so whatever :P

Tomorrow, im gonna play it again, its awesome ^^

It's a fabulous game, I think reviews were very stingy with this one. Although I have a theory about Wii games getting marked down by some sites and mags...

The only difference in the difficulty levels seems to be the amount of health/ammo you get rather than new challenges or more zombies.

Guest Maase

Okay, S mark in the first level, gonna try that in the 2 one :)

(So many files in the first level :X, and there are only 16 more, i guess they will have to short the files per level a little, lol)

I must admit I hadn't really played this game a lot at all the past few months. But now that I have a rather nice gun, I started again. And boy, how it gets better later on! :smile: Well, I've only just started the Raccoon City files, so figure.

It's the perfect companion for Ghost Squad.

Oh, and Wesker is so bada$$! :awesome:

Anyone have tips for me

"Remove the head or destroy the brain."

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D I suck myself, so better take no tips from me.

The Wesker missions are difficult. I loved the one where you face off against 2 agile freaks and you have to murk them.

I still get pissed off when an enemy is coming to swipe at you, you smash em in the face 4 times and they still hit you. Nightmare.

gotta love SotD

Guest Maase

Well, discovered two files on the second level, not bad, gonna try again

The Boss is easy as hell, i only have to use my machinegun to kill him, the first one is a lot harder

Oh, and i already have the Machine Gun and the Shotgun at maximum level ^^

Its very usefull for bosses, but it doesn't matter for headshots (wich are hard as hell :\, i take 50 seconds to make a headshot in a Zombie, lol, but i guess it makes the game more dificult, wich is very cool to a short game like RE: UC

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!