NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Who doesn't like adding Russians?

As a person whos never enjoyed RE apart from 4, i will probably buy this needless to say the character models in the TGS trailer look way beyond anything the GameCube could have pulled off.

Because Capcom are stupid and seem to have lost some perspective on the story!

They leave out two of the most pivital games for the story and add some Russians!

Or to leave something to do for a possible sequel.

Cool!

The scene with Weskers red eyes must be from the new Umbrella chapter, because the only other time these are revealed are is in CV, which isn't in the game!

I wonder if we'll find out what version of the virus Wesker injected himself with and ultimately what he might be destined to become much later on in the series!?

Looks to me like Wesker is the one set to finally take down Umbrella! then obviously steal all their research to rebuild it in his name (as shown in Resi 4)!

Still don't like this new Russian angle, it's stupid! where have these guys come from all of a sudden?!

Because Capcom are stupid and seem to have lost some perspective on the story!

They leave out two of the most pivital games for the story and add some Russians!

It seems to be a common theme in popular series for developers to lose the plot. They plan one excellent almost self contained game, which then due to sales gets a sequel. As the sequel train rolls on and on people come and go and the creative team often take different paths.

As the games weren't all planned as a stroy arc you get this problem. The original people behind the series leave and new developers have different visions.

Now 5 games into the main series and no one actually knows what the original thoughts behind it all were, and rather than some family whose family emblems and seals we all searched for in the original game, the main villain is some russian we've all never heard of who gets the "Generic Scar Faced Russian/German Villain of the Year Award".

In previous page:

Sergei Vladimir back in his military days he used to be a Colonel, a title still given to him after his serving in the army. A native Russian, he approached the Umbrella Corporation after the fall of the Soviet Union and became one of the company's executives. The chevrons on his shoulders suggest he's a high official of Umbrella. He likes to collect old guns and is also the founder of the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, a unit with which he works together very closely.

It doesn't say he is the big boss of Umbrella.

Or to leave something to do for a possible sequel.
What you mean a second game that just has Resi 2 & CV?

Or you mean introduce the russians, so they will appear again in a sequel?

Can't really see either happening to be honest!

I'm actually much more excited about this game again!

Whilst I really really wish they'd had the Spencer family mystery involved in this game (suppose there's a chance it might all show up, but I doubt it!), it's Weskers part in the game that just seems so cool atm!

Also I really feel like the game brings Resi 4 much closer to the rest of the storyline.

Seems to me like Wesker will bring Umbrella down in this game and steal their research, obviously S.T.A.R.S will be running around, but I think Wesker will truely instigate it all!

I think it would be better if S.T.A.R.S don't even see Wesker to be honest, but are made aware of his presence somehow and realise he's back after not being seen since C.V.

So Umbrella will fall and all is presumed well.

Leon will be made aware of the fact Wesker is still around and brings it up with Ada in Resi 4, trying to get any sort of insight into their work together.

Resi 4 is only 1 year since Umbrella's fall, and thus Wesker's screen time is short, he's just shown in the background having set himself up with Umbrella technology and is going about rebuilding his Umbrella.

A further 4 years will then pass until Chris is again on the scene in Resi 5.

In this time Wesker will have fully rebuilt Umbrella and his experimetal work will be well underway, probably using a development of the Las Plagus Virus (if he does manage to get a sample) probably in conjunction with Resi 2's G-Virus or something.

We know Sherry is in Resi 5, we know Wesker has Sherry, and we know Sherry holds some key to the G-Virus.

It's also likely that Sherry may have taken the brunt of Weskers experiments into Human control over the years, which he is now trying out on the village in Africa!

Also with Chris in Resi 5, hopefully Claire will be aswell and she has a connection with Sherry!

Cannot wait for Resi 5!!

"BRAAAAINSSS... BRAAAAIIIINSS"

*zombies see Jill*

"PUUUSSSYYYY....PUUUUUUSSSSSYYYYY"

I want to be a Zombie :laughing:

"BRAAAAINSSS... BRAAAAIIIINSS"

*zombies see Jill*

That somehow reminds me of gaming forums every time a chick comes by. :heh:

*Hellfire sees Jill*

That's how I roll.

Eh okay. :o

what.jpg

Love the way shes gone cross eyed. Zombie must be doing something right.

Umbrella logo looks really cool but I'd rather not have any character on the boxart. I think it would look better.

But I guess the Euro-Version will look better anyways (at least it was so with RE4)

I love the boxart, I think wesker deserves a box front!

Yeah I think so too. He's pretty evil that guy!

Final Euro box art which looks better than the yanks version IMO.

evil.jpg

Awesome. I love it, better than the American one.