NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Fan

Red Steel trailer

First off I just want ever one to know that I don’t expect the Wii to have the same graphical power as the 360 and the PS3. I think the Wii graphics are really good looking. The Wii is an even out console, It has an even amount of graphical power and innovation. Any ways, after I first saw the trailer for Red Steel I said WOW. It look really fantastic. Then I saw the game play videos from E3. Red Steel still looked good but not as good as the trailer. Why did Ubisoft Paris do that? Why would they show a trailer that looks so fantastic, and then show real game play that only looks half as good? Is the footage in the trailer supposed to be what the finished product will look like? Maybe its because the trailer was pre-rendered. Do you guys think the finished game will look as nice as the trailer? I don’t think about this all the. After watching the game play videos for Sonic Wild Fire and Mario Galaxy I said WOW.

We'll deffinitelly get a better product than what we saw at E3, obviously. To how much extent i don't know.:hmm:

I said WOW to Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB.

You better say wow too.

222223hj0xn.jpg

iwatabombshell3ki4bw.jpg

What do you mean by the trailer looking fantastic compared the gameplay footage? Are you talking about the gameplay in the trailer or the graphics? If it's the graphics, then the simple reason is that it's a trailer, for a trailer they're obviously going to make sure they show footage that actually looks good. It's the same as the game looks now, without a doubt, they just didn't let any of the imperfections into the trailer footage, like the awkward aiming, unresponsive sword combat and since the trailer was much smaller than most of the gameplay videos, none of the not-so-great looking textures.

What do you mean by the trailer looking fantastic compared the gameplay footage? Are you talking about the gameplay in the trailer or the graphics? If it's the graphics, then the simple reason is that it's a trailer, for a trailer they're obviously going to make sure they show footage that actually looks good. It's the same as the game looks now, without a doubt, they just didn't let any of the imperfections into the trailer footage, like the awkward aiming, unresponsive sword combat and since the trailer was much smaller than most of the gameplay videos, none of the not-so-great looking textures.

What I mean is that the game play in the trailer looks better then the game play from E3. Then again the footage from the trailer was at a higher resolution. I see what you mean, and now I understand. The trailer footage was more compact and that’s why it looked better. I have to wait and see what the finished game will look like. The game still looks nice. I know that they will improve the control problem (I hope they do).

We'll deffinitelly get a better product than what we saw at E3, obviously. To how much extent i don't know.:hmm:

I said WOW to Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB.

You better say wow too.

222223hj0xn.jpg

iwatabombshell3ki4bw.jpg

I did say WOW to Super Mario Galaxy and I almost forgot SSBB.

Those pics of Iwata scare me:eek:

I said wow to Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, and Twilight Princess mostly for the water effect in the fishing demo.(Also th smoke effects from the missles in MP3:C). But back on topic I hope the game will look like the trailer when completely finished if not oh well. If it doesn't this wouldn't be the first time Ubisoft has done that; Cod2 for the 360.

You guys are complaining about one Nintendo game that just barely seems less than par to the trailer. Yet Sony games have always done this and I don't hear anyone saying "Oh the trailer looks better on that Sony game." :woops:

It still looks good right, and it was never about graphics. :heh:

All this complaining is like saying "My Diamond isn't shiny enough", or "My big wad of cash ain't big enough.":nono:

im sorry, but artn we all fogetting that games at E3 were running on updated gamecubes?

thats why alot of games diidnt show enough grapical potential.

im sorry, but artn we all fogetting that games at E3 were running on updated gamecubes?

QFT. Wii games will/should look a lot better than they Did at E3.

I've heard there are MANY editions of the Red Steel software with different parts complete & stuff. And the one at E3 was an earlyish one or something.

This isn't as big a deal as you think, when you heard about early next gen 360 titles and what not running before the hardware was finished you didn't hear about them running on updated Xbox's did you? No, they ran on PC hardware which was similar to the what the final 360 hardware would be like. In other words when games are running on hardware before the final hardware is finished, the hardware they're running on is usually close to what the final stuff will be like to give an idea of how the games will look. If there was a big difference between the Wii architecture and these "upgraded Gamecubes" then they'd have had the games running on different hardware to give a better idea of how Wii games would look.

Plus, in an interview with someone from ATI they said that at E3 we saw only the tip of the iceberg.

Smash bros is the only thing that made me say wow from the graphics.

i thought SSBB looked unfinished to say the least. Galaxi looked good

Well this IS Ubisoft, so I really do expect the gameplay and the graphics to be improved by the final game.

On a slightly more irrelavant note, this game has the BEST soundtrack ever (on the trailer where the swordfighting begins) :D

So far only Mario Galaxy and Smash Brawl made me say 'Mmmm that's alright with me', but then again I'm not easily impressed.

Twilight Princess has made me say wow out of design only though, so that's a good sign. Pokemon Wii also looked very promising if that was gameplay footage (and I suspect it is).

Just because graphics is second to gameplay doesn't mean that graphics don't matter Hellfire - so it makes sense that people discuss it.

Sign in to follow this