Memory 1536MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Free Disk Space 23.97GB

Display Card Memory 512MB

Display Driver Version 6.14.10.6614

DirectX Version 9.0c

Optical Drive DVD

Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio

It meets the minimum requirements for Battelfield 2 demo, Guild Wars and Planetside

but yet I cant play none of them smoothly even when everything is low!

The game advisors says i can play all these games! It lies

I got the latest cataylst and i tried setting the settings to optimum preformance still nothing.

I heard guild wars has frame rate issues becuase theres a sound bug.

But i dont understand Battelfield 2 and Plantside

I set the graphics in the demo to all low and it was still dodgey!

anything i can do ? :(

You could try doing a 3dmark. Then compare the results of it on the online result browser (at http://www.futuremark.com) to see what kind of scores you should get. Any applications you run while playing the games?

Its down to you having a shit graphics card im afriad, try overclocking it.

Its down to you having a shit graphics card im afriad, try overclocking it.

I jsut baught it :(. I was told it was a decent midrange card :(

if you have alot of misc programs running it affects it. Close as much as you can on the bottom right and if you can turn off any anti-virus and firewall programs it give my computer a big boost for playing newer games.

Jonst, i doubt it's the graphics card, the x160 must be better than my POS FX5700, and i can play BF2 on pretty decent settings :/

Free Disk Space 23.97GB

how big is your HD? i remmeber games running slowly when my HD was full of crap, and its the same with my dads PC, he has never formatted it over about 5 years, when he starts he has 74 Processes and it runs worse than an Acorn, he has 1800AMD 512 RAM lol

Free Disk Space 23.97GB

how big is your HD? i remmeber games running slowly when my HD was full of crap, and its the same with my dads PC, he has never formatted it over about 5 years, when he starts he has 74 Processes and it runs worse than an Acorn, he has 1800AMD 512 RAM lol

Its 80 gb :X

So i should format my hard drive? Iv never done and had this pc about 3-4 years? Could this make the games faster?

well if you dont install lots of crap after you format it, then yeah it should, ill bring this to an example my mums pc P3 800Mhz 384mb ram 40Gb Hard Drive which is filled almost completely acts slower than my dad's PC which is a P2 not sure on the speed but its slower, 384mb of ram and only a 10Gb hard drive, which sadly is barely touched haha. but i would prefer my dads computer because it seems to run a hell of a lot faster.

Consider your self lucky..my PC cant even run planetside.

What! it runs well on my crappy 1.2 gtz machine (I think I have draw distance on max as well). :D

First things first. What was your old graphics solution?

I reccomend removing graphic components with this, especially if the old one was Nvidia :

ww.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Driver-Cleaner-Professional.shtml

Right-click on my computer and click on properties. Jump onto the "hardware" tab and click on the "Device Manager" button. I want you to expand the section that may have a yellow " ! " , and I want you to expand both display adapter, and the system devices tab. Take a snapshot and post it here when everything is expanded.

I also want you click on start/Run/ Type in "dxdiag"

If it asks if you want to scan for signed drivers, tell it NO.

Navigate to the "display" tab and take a snapshot. Also, press the buttons to test Direct3d and report results.

If everything fails, windows reinstall is not uncommon...and it never will be. Make sure you are running the windows XP SP2 update.

Heres what you requested. I formated my harddrive and so far guild wars is still dodgey :(

and Planet was another game that ran shit on my computer >_<

Dx diag all tests passed :(

Reckon it could be my sound card?...........*shrugs

Sign in to follow this