NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Bard

Power Metal and/ or other music.

It seems this thread has gone completely off topic now as well. How about less of the Bitching and more of the discussion?

Who saw Metallica at Download (be it Ireland or UK)??

Aye, I did, It was not quite what I was expecting though, It was wierd because I only went for that one day, because I had exams the day after. Hetfield and co were fantastic, Hetfield's voice seems to have lost some of it's power and menace though. The Master of Puppets thing was a surprise, even though I was hoping it would happen...Highlights for me were:

Disposable Heroes

Orion

One

and Die Die my Darling...for obvious reasons....

I was kinda hoping they would play Harvester of Sorrow though, because it's my fave live metallica song, but still, it was a killer show...

I thought theye were the best the have been in years. Definitely the Best Metallica gig Ive seen.

My highlights were:

The God That Failed

Orion

Creeping Death

The god that failed? Really? It doesn't particularly strike me as a classic tallica song, but yeah, I agree on the other two.

Oh yeah, have you heard the guitar solo on My friend of Misery? Holy crap, I got so addicted to that when I first heard it, it's one of the most awesome Hammet solo's ever.

It would have been nice to have Megadeth playing this year, on the same day...

You have yet to say anything about music, so it seems you are here just to antagonise me. I created this thread for the sake of rational discussion, and thats the way I'd like for it to continue.

Ok, well, I'm not overly keen on the metal genre. Most of wank - most has turned into poer pop/rock.

Anyway, notible mentions to Darkest Hour (seeing them Tues), Metallica (the live S&M album anyway), Opeth and maybe some old school Avenged Sevenfold.

The god that failed? Really? It doesn't particularly strike me as a classic tallica song, but yeah, I agree on the other two.

Oh yeah, have you heard the guitar solo on My friend of Misery? Holy crap, I got so addicted to that when I first heard it, it's one of the most awesome Hammet solo's ever.

It would have been nice to have Megadeth playing this year, on the same day...

Yeah it was the first time they played TGTF in ireland and HOLY COW!! it was amazing live!

Hammett isnt the most virtuosic of guitarists. Most of his solos are they sames stuff rehashed in another key, and a slightly different pentatonic. He is by no means shite tho!

I've heard rumours of Megadeth playing next year!: peace:

Anyway, notible mentions to Darkest Hour (seeing them Tues), Metallica (the live S&M album anyway), Opeth and maybe some old school Avenged Sevenfold.

Opeth have a very distinct style dont you think? Very intriguing, but i just never got into it.....

You're into Opeth? Wow, cool, they're fantastic, they're coming to Manchester actually in November (I think).

It's wierd, I didn't like S&M album at all, it only had a few of their classics, and was mostly full of rubbish from Load and Reload. The New song "No Leaf Clover" though, was brilliant. It was very nice to hear Call of Ktulu with an Orchestra though.

Hardly. Those threads got closed becuase you started to bitch about how great your music is, thus turning the thread totally off topic and starting flame wars.

Listen to what you like, I don't give a flying fuck. Just stop flaming others and thinking you're music is godly.

He speaks the truth. Sadly, The Bard is a hypocrit :)

Yeah it was the first time they played TGTF in ireland and HOLY COW!! it was amazing live!

Hammett isnt the most virtuosic of guitarists. Most of his solos are they sames stuff rehashed in another key, and a slightly different pentatonic. He is by no means shite tho!

I think it's quite sad how people think he's shite (mostly uninformed people who think playing like Michael Angelo Batio is all there is to guitar). I think he's one of the hardest working guitarists out there, and he's not acknowledged by the right people (santana likes him though, and that's reason enough for me). His solo's for me were so perfect and fitting and he really influenced my playing, I mean, he did make use of pentatonics, but he also tried to explore some different modes. On top of that, he's quite inventive, and has certainly come up with some of the most memorable guitar solo's of all time. I'd say he comes from the same school of guitar as Slash.

Who are your fave guitarists? I'm currently lining up behind Mustaine and Laiho.

I've heard rumours of Megadeth playing next year!: peace:

Really? That should be cool, but what I'm really hoping is for Mustaine to bring gigantour over to europe, from what I've heard, it's the greatest music festival of all time.

Hammett has really influenced my playing as well. He is definitely one of my favourite guitarists. Along with Steve Vai, Hetfield as well (I think what he can play and sing at the same time is sometimes ridiculous!) and yeah Mustaine is pretty damn good too. Marty Friedman (ex Megadeth) is one sweet guitarist as well!

Hammett has really influenced my playing as well. He is definitely one of my favourite guitarists. Along with Steve Vai, Hetfield as well (I think what he can play and sing at the same time is sometimes ridiculous!) and yeah Mustaine is pretty damn good too. Marty Friedman (ex Megadeth) is one sweet guitarist as well!

Yup, I'm also a big Hetfield diciple, he has the most unique and one of the best voices in metal. I'm a big fan of the time signiture changes that are characteristic of his playing, like in the intro to one, and towards the end of Harvester. He truly knows how to construct a bangin, classic song.

He speaks the truth. Sadly, The Bard is a hypocrite :)

Sadly, seeing as you don't know me in the least, I don't think you're licensed to comment on what I may or may not be, especially seeing as you have no evidence to back up your claim. Go on, give me an instance of my hypocracy and I'll gladly grant you 3 wishes.

And excuse me if I don't have a whole load of respect for someone who starts threads on "juggalos" (known more commonly as "jackasses") and states "smokin dope" as one of his "interests."

Still, you've yet again mistaken me for someone who actually gives a crap about what you think (but don't worry, it happens all the time).

(and now for a quote)

Although, don't get me wrong, the fact that it annoys you is the true definition of an added perk, you can look it up in the dictionary, it's under "P" just like "pain in the ass" and curiously enough, your picture's right next to it.

Scrubs! I thought Metallica were crap at Download (Donington) this year. I couldnt sit through past two songs. Lars' snare was louder than everything else and James' vocals were being drowned out so much at points (remember this was just two songs). There were problems with sound all the way through the festival though so it may not have been their fault.

Listen to what you like, I don't give a flying fuck. Just stop flaming others and thinking you're music is godly.

QFT

10lettersnshitlol

Quoted for truth? Truth? You do realise the stupidity of what you've just done don't you? "Just stop flaming others and thinking you're music is godly." Is a "command" and therefore cannot be subject to "truth," neither can "Listen to what you like, I don't give a flying fuck," seeing as it's an opinion. My god this place is full of retards. Honestly, your intellect is an insult to 14 year olds everywhere.

Scrubs!

Aye.

I thought Metallica were crap at Download (Donington) this year. I couldnt sit through past two songs. Lars' snare was louder than everything else and James' vocals were being drowned out so much at points (remember this was just two songs). There were problems with sound all the way through the festival though so it may not have been their fault.

Subject to opinion, obviously Metallica aren't gonna kick as much ass as they did circa "...and justice for all" but they sure rule considering all of them are around 45.

I think he was just agreeing with what Blackfox said, and to be honest, you don't help yourself when you say things like "my god this place is full of retards."

Quoted for truth? Truth? You do realise the stupidity of what you've just done don't you? "Just stop flaming others and thinking you're music is godly." Is a "command" and therefore cannot be subject to "truth," neither can "Listen to what you like, I don't give a flying fuck," seeing as it's an opinion. My god this place is full of retards. Honestly, your intellect is an insult to 14 year olds everywhere.

Pfft, how many people, be they my age or not, are going to think what you jsut thought up to come back at me?

I quoted it because i agreed with what he said.

On topic, Run to The Hills by Iron Maide is one of teh best songs ever

I think he was just agreeing with what Blackfox said

And all the more retarded for it.

and to be honest, you don't help yourself when you say things like "my god this place is full of retards."

That's fair enough, I don't really think that, I just got a bit pissed off.

If i'm honest, we'll just be going around in circles if everybody doesn't calm down. Fact is, everybody's got their own opinions about certain types of music and they should not be judged by what they listen to. I mean, who are we to say what's right and what's wrong? Lets cut down on the flaming, yeah?

Friendly discussion is fine, and is encouraged. But, flaming or saying that a certain genre "sucks" is certainly not welcome here.

If i'm honest, we'll just be going around in circles if everybody doesn't calm down. Fact is, everybody's got their own opinions about certain types of music and they should not be judged by what they listen to.

Yeah, but musical opinion, like every other form of human thought, has to take it's chance in open debate. Only problem is everybody here (myself included) won't stop bickering like kids. Some people here seem to have no reasons for doing what they do and liking what they like, perhaps because they haven't thought about it enough, and that's entirely the problem, people seem to have no problem giving their opinions, but it's not so good when they're asked to justify them.

I mean, who are we to say what's right and what's wrong? Lets cut down on the flaming, yeah?

I'd like to...but I can't stop...

Let's just all agree to agree that rap is shit and cannot be considered music:D (i know im dissing a genre but... does anyone on this forum actually like rap? Because i generally feel safe in the knowledge that no-one cn flame me cos no-one likes rap on this forum).

Back to metal... Iron Maiden *salutes*

Does this mean I have to get rid of my asbestos suit? Owww But I sometimes find some flaming nice and enjoyable :D

And to the topic, anyone listened to machinaesupremacy? http://www.machinaesupremacy.com you can get a few songs from there. The catch of this band is that they use C64 as synth in songs. And they have done a few nice video game songs. And a couple of covers which IMO turned out better than the originals.

Let's just all agree to agree that rap is shit and cannot be considered music:D (i know im dissing a genre but... does anyone on this forum actually like rap? Because i generally feel safe in the knowledge that no-one cn flame me cos no-one likes rap on this forum).

Back to metal... Iron Maiden *salutes*

Some rap is good. Like old school 80's early 90's rap.

Aye, up the Irons! I didn't know you were a metalhead Zell :laughing:

What are your fave Maiden songs?

mine would go something like:

1. Children of The Damned

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight (hells yeah!!)

3. Hallowed be thy Name

4. Fear of The Dark

5. Aces High

6. Run to The Hills

7. The Trooper (I have a recordin of my band playing this somewhere, I'll post it later)

8. Transylvania

9. Phantom of The Opera

10. Can I Play With Madness.

If you like Maiden, check out: Dragonforce, In Flames, Iced Earth, Children of Bodom, Kalmah and Sonata Arctica...

Favourite maiden

1. 2 minutes to midnight

2. The trooper

3. Run to the hills

4. Aces high

5. Fear of the dark

Aye, up the Irons! I didn't know you were a metalhead Zell :laughing:

What are your fave Maiden songs?

mine would go something like:

1. Children of The Damned

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight (hells yeah!!)

3. Hallowed be thy Name

4. Fear of The Dark

5. Aces High

6. Run to The Hills

7. The Trooper (I have a recordin of my band playing this somewhere, I'll post it later)

8. Transylvania

9. Phantom of The Opera

10. Can I Play With Madness.

If you like Maiden, check out: Dragonforce, In Flames, Iced Earth, Children of Bodom, Kalmah and Sonata Arctica...

I am a complete Iron Maiden fanatic. My myspace is like dedicated to them.

Favourites, where do I start...

1. Phantom Of The Opera (BEST SONG EVER)

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name

3. Fear Of The Dark (nothing beats the live version)

4. The Trooper

5. The Wicker Man

6. Wrathchild

7. 2 Minutes To Midnight

8. Holy Smoke

9. Afraid To Shoot Strangers

10. Pashendale (me and my mates have a thing with it)

are my personal favourites. I dont even have to mention Run To the Hills and The Number Of The Beast.

I'm going to see them in December (as I have said many times before). I have some Dragonforce, I find them quite impressive. I'm not really a metalhead... I just fucking bum Iron Maiden, I'm into punk mainly (favourite punk band = The Offspring, although now theyre more mainstream rock).

In conclusion, "listen to Iron Maiden baby" as one annoying Wheatus vocalist once said.

Sign in to follow this