Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

I highly doubt Wenger is gonna sign anyone significant though during the rest of the summer, he never does.

He never does, and he never needs to. Everyone said the team last year was too weak, where'd we end up. Second best team in Europe, and grabbed back that champions league spot.

I have all faith in Arsene, he unearths the greatest potential from players, another defender for cover would be great. But who is there to buy, Curtis Davies is crap, he's not ready for such a level, yet. And for 10 million he can sit in the championship.

Its the same with Carrick, you can understand why managers look abroad, young quality english players cost too much.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We love you Leeds, Leeds, LEEDS!!

Pity Hulse left isnt it? I liked him....

Yeah it is a pitty i liked Hulse aswell but we got a decent deal for him made a decent profit hopefully Cresswell will be fit as he was injured most of last season i reckon he will be as good as Hulse there both similar styles of players.

He never does, and he never needs to. Everyone said the team last year was too weak, where'd we end up. Second best team in Europe, and grabbed back that champions league spot.

I have all faith in Arsene, he unearths the greatest potential from players, another defender for cover would be great. But who is there to buy, Curtis Davies is crap, he's not ready for such a level, yet. And for 10 million he can sit in the championship.

Its the same with Carrick, you can understand why managers look abroad, young quality english players cost too much.

Agreed. its just that it would be nice to have some cover in certain positions. We're full of attacking players and short of centre backs. We need a defensive midfielder to cover Gilberto. We need another defender.

I'm not doubting Arsene, he knows what to do and what positions need strengthening more than me, its just that I want the squad to grow and have more depth. And with Bergkamp, Pires and Sol gone (maybe Cole as well) and only Rosicky in, one has to be a bit worried.

Are you gooners forgetting Rosicky ?

I think he is gonna be a good signing. Probably playing off Henry in the champions league and away games like ljunberg was doing last season.

You got him pretty cheap aswell. After the world cup he probably would have gone for more.

Yeh Rosicky will be good this season I hope. I'm just a bit unsure whether playing him on the left would be good for him cos I'm thinking that he works best as a central mid.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about our defensive woes as you put it. Our defence will most likely look like this:

Clichy( Cole's buggered off to Chelski)

Toure

Cygan

Eboue

I don't wanno know what would happen if Toure got injured.

To be honest, i don't think any team has a "complete" team at the moment. Man Utd are lacking in midfield/up-front, and Arsenal are lacking in defence.

Yeh true.

Wouldn't it be great to have the defence of Chelsea, the Midfield of Liverpool and the Attack of Arsenal.

Why hate a player just cos he moved? ok so i can understand sol campbell when he left you yids for the arse but Carrick going to United you shouldnt hate him, disapointed perhaps. This move might even push his England career forward.

United needed a player like him, good buy although a bit too expensive!

Cant believe Van Nistlerooy has gone, Fergie can be a right stubborn old git sometimes....Stam, Yorke, Beckham, Keane, Van Nistlerooy.... None of those players even dreamed about leaving united till they fell out with him...Who's next Fergie? Rooney ?

I understand what you are saying, I shouldn't hate him, but after everything we have done for his career, I'm very disappointed he couldn't repay Martin Jol and the fans for that. Still Zokora looks a class act, same with the soon to be legend that is Tom Huddlestone. He's pretty much just a giant, slightly slower version of Carrick.

Still, Man Utd are now alot stronger since they have got a quality midfielder, without him I think you would have struggled this year to stay top 2.

And to those Arsenal fans, I do think Wenger needs to spend in the transfer market. Mostly just for cover, because once you get past the first 11 (admitedly pretty dam good) there is a lack of cover. 4th for Arsenal was not great last season and I don't think you should be saying 'excellent we got that champions league spot', just because you had a very poor 1st half of a season.

OMG were have the Leeds fans come from?

Ive been on here a long time just never saw this thread also the blunts may be in the prem but i cant see that laster long yes i know there in a higher division before you say anything but last season you did not beat leeds and you have now gone and brought 2 leeds players.

Im not a pig I'm an owl, so we did beat you last season, and I cant wait for them to come crashing down. Unfortunatly (or possibly fortunately depending how we do) I'm gonna miss the game against you at hillsborough cos I'm on holiday.

Ok sorry didnt see that bit on your avatar ill think they will be straight back down anyway them and Watford Reading have a decent chance off staying up i reckon.

Reading are going all the way to the top this season!!!

Have a look at their Location, you'll see.

Bloody hell, I wanted Leeds to get promoted, oh well, this season hopefully. Leeds are a top flight club no doubt about that. Bloody Peter Ridsdale.

I wanted Leeds to get promoted also but Watford got through instead

Glad Watford beat Leeds, you don't deserve promotion. Especially after that crap when Watford played them at Elland Road. Henderson's shirt was ripped completely and he could barely wear it and he gets sent off. Madness.

I'm also a firm believer of scrapping the play-offs. If you finish third, up you go. Thats how it should be, not giving hope to a team that could be 20 points away from 3rd place.

I'm also a firm believer of scrapping the play-offs. If you finish third, up you go. Thats how it should be, not giving hope to a team that could be 20 points away from 3rd place.

Nah the playoffs make the end of the season all the more exciting, however I think the team that finishes 3rd should go straight into the final.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!