Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Both squads put out weakened teams for that game though. And Arsenal still let in 3 goals. Carling cup doesn't really mean all that much compared to the others though it seems.

Wouldn't mind seeing some of those goals though.

To be fair, clubs like Liverpool that could well end up trophyless this season should want the Carling Cup. I'd love for Arsenal to replicate the cup double of 1993.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at video. When they're both swinging 'punches' at the same time they arent even getting close to coming into contact with each other. It looks stupid.

He's pretty ok, yeah. Can't truthfully say I've seen too much of him, but this will do him a world of good to get games.

Christ!

Hmm, this sorta reminds me of what Fergie said about winning the treble. Something like "I won the treble with 4 strikers."

Now, I've always paired up those strikers. Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were one partnership, and Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer were another.

The way things are going, I can forsee a similar thing happening.

Rooney + Saha.

Larsson + Solskjaer.

Of course, you could probably chop and change. For example, Rooney + Larsson would work well, too.

I hope he does stay now.

Andy Cole was and still is my favourite player. His goals are amazing. He's still scoring a couple at Portsmouth as well. His bicycle kicks owned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRKPP3hvj-s

much more clinical than any of the current strikers.

nice days with cole, shearer, romario and batistuta. The one chance one goal player are long gone. Now we have to settle with retaded players like saha, crouch, drogba, adibayor (sp?).

Guest Stefkov
Haha. Spanish fight like girls.

And Chelsea are loving their draws at the moment. Nice one Wycombe.

That fight seemed to be in unison, left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand.

I turned on sky sports news last night and saw Chlesea drew, damn they're not playing that well lately. They have their ups and downs.

Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were an amazing pair. That goal in that vidoe, their link up play was amazing.

Who the f*ck's going to manage Scotland now? :shock:

No one ever manages them anyway, they just have some mug who gets paid to be embarassed every few months.

David Beckham will join LA Galaxy in August on a five year deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6248835.stm

And so David Beckham gives up on Football and England, and is all about money and his wife's crap career.

As a footballing talent I respected David Beckham, this just annoys and saddens me.

And so David Beckham gives up on Football and England, and is all about money and his wife's crap career.

As a footballing talent I respected David Beckham, this just annoys and saddens me.

I think that is a little harsh.

More like English football gave up on David Beckham.

Thing is he played for the club he supported and loved and never wanted to leave but was forced out. How can he now come back to England and play for another team i.e Man City who expressed interest. Beckham holds United to close to his heart to do that to the club and fans unlike some e.g sol campbell.

Yes LA Galaxy are probably paying big bucks.... but so what? Yes his soccer schools are out there which are making him loads of money, but again so what? I dont care how much he earns Beckham just wants to play football and not sit on the bench like he was at Real and if his wife benefits from this move in her career I ask again so what? Good luck to them.

To be honest if someone offered you that kinda money to play for them I doubt you would turn it down. I know I wouldnt.

Im all for this move.

I just wont be watching any games as I cant stand the over the top american commentators.

David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and join side Los Angeles Galaxy on a £128m ($250m) five-year deal. :shock:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=399471&cc=5901

man it must be great to be beckham right now, past his prime and making all this money

he'll be the highest paid athlete is USA, more than shaq (who gets around 20 million)

beckham will be making 50 million per year :shock:

I think that is a little harsh.

More like English football gave up on David Beckham.

Thing is he played for the club he supported and loved and never wanted to leave but was forced out. How can he now come back to England and play for another team i.e Man City who expressed interest. Beckham holds United to close to his heart to do that to the club and fans unlike some e.g sol campbell.

Yes LA Galaxy are probably paying big bucks.... but so what? Yes his soccer schools are out there which are making him loads of money, but again so what? I dont care how much he earns Beckham just wants to play football and not sit on the bench like he was at Real and if his wife benefits from this move in her career I ask again so what? Good luck to them.

To be honest if someone offered you that kinda money to play for them I doubt you would turn it down. I know I wouldnt.

Im all for this move.

I just wont be watching any games as I cant stand the over the top american commentators.

I agree.

Ive never watched an American league soccer match (to my knowledge) so the players cant be that great. The American international soccer team is pretty poor also.

And it isnt just american commentators. Just everything American people say. Over the top. I know i shouldnt say but i find their accent annoying most of the time.

David Beckham will leave Real Madrid at the end of the season and join side Los Angeles Galaxy on a £128m ($250m) five-year deal. :shock:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=399471&cc=5901

man it must be great to be beckham right now, past his prime and making all this money

he'll be the highest paid athlete is USA, more than shaq (who gets around 20 million)

Beckham will be making 50 million per year :shock:

Sky were working out what he will be on and its like just under £500,000 a week, £70,000 a day, £3,000 an hour and £50 every second!!

How can he say no to that?

Either come back to England, not earn that much money, get hassle from everyone, get hassle from the press, every move slated in press etc

or

Go to America, earn shit loads and be loved.

Easy choice really.

I agree.

Ive never watched an American league soccer match (to my knowledge) so the players cant be that great. The American international soccer team is pretty poor also.

And it isnt just american commentators. Just everything American people say. Over the top. I know i shouldnt say but i find their accent annoying most of the time.

Sky were working out what he will be on and its like just under £500,000 a week, £70,000 a day, £3,000 an hour and £50 every second!!

How can he say no to that?

Either come back to England, not earn that much money, get hassle from everyone, get hassle from the press, every move slated in press etc

or

Go to America, earn shit loads and be loved.

Easy choice really.

exactly :D

Walt and Allie are in at the 'Gers. Get a second place finish and get the team playing well, then next seaon winning all the trophies going up there and things will be looking much better. Phew. :hehe:

with the squad you have? no chance

Walter Smith has never proved he can work at club level with a limited budget.

Celtic are in a much healthier financial position than Rangers and for the forseeable future they will be able to outspend Rangers without putting the club at risk, unless a foreign investor comes in to splash the cash.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!