Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

If Van Persie was playing I would have hoped he smacked in a few and beat us. I want McClaren out. He's making all the same mistakes Sven use to make in squad selection, and doing all the wrong things Sven's England did on the pitch. Looking back, if Sven had more bollocks and the team cared about winning a competition he would have still been in a job.

But alas Van Persie isn't playing, and its a friendly including England, boring 1-1 draw is my prediction.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becuase like Jermaine Defoe hes a one trick pony?

For a start, i think Johnson is a better striker than Defoe. :heh:

But, i dunno, Johnson likes to run onto balls, and have them played into the box. He doesn't play all that often, so he needs time to adapt to the team and the team to adapt to him.

I don't think Johnson can be blamed, I mean what the fuck was Maclaren doing playing him in that position!

When I heard the team I thought great, a good 4-4-2 with Rooney being able to drop deep because Johnson will play further up field and be there to receive the passes, but no the idiot in charge decides to play some crappy 4-3-3 meaning both Rooney and Johnson (and you could even say Joe Cole) were out of position!

Why the hell doesn't he just stick to a system everyone knows that makes use of the players best positions!

Yeah, I wish McLaren would just get back to basics, and stop trying to be clever. He's coming up with these crazed strategies that obviously don't work and just wastes good players in positions where they can't play their game. Lets keep things simple and at least nail the basics next time.

I don't think Johnson can be blamed, I mean what the fuck was Maclaren doing playing him in that position!

When I heard the team I thought great, a good 4-4-2 with Rooney being able to drop deep because Johnson will play further up field and be there to receive the passes, but no the idiot in charge decides to play some crappy 4-3-3 meaning both Rooney and Johnson (and you could even say Joe Cole) were out of position!

Why the hell doesn't he just stick to a system everyone knows that makes use of the players best positions!

I didnt watch the match because England friendlys are always shit. But i'm going to assume we were shit, nothing has changed since the Croatia match. If Rooney really was the target man in a 4-3-3 that is quite possibly the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Its actualy quite worrying how little international quality strikers we have at the moment.

I mean Rooneys hardly an out and out striker, who knows how good Owen will be when he finally returns. Crouch is a bench player at best. Defoe and Johnson aren't good enough imo. Darren Bent is never given a chance for some bizzare reason, I rate him pretty highly. Come on the Theooooooooo.

But alas Van Persie isn't playing, and its a friendly including England, boring 1-1 draw is my prediction.

I was right.

You can tell by McClaren's squad selection he has no clue. Phil Neville?! Kieron RICHARDSON?!!! Whats he ever done for Man Utd that deserved a call up to the national squad.

The match was OK, nothing special.....I always find international games to be pretty boring.....

Premiership OWNS.

The truth.

Recently my passion for England has dropped dramatically from what it used to be and I no longer even consider myself an England fan at times.

Awww, why the Richardson hate? He's not having a great season, but he has got great potential. Plus, he's still young. He will get better.

What i like about him is the fact he's so versatile. He can play in centre midfield, on the wing, leftback and even upfront. There's not many players that can do that.

Awww, why the Richardson hate? He's not having a great season, but he has got great potential. Plus, he's still young. He will get better.

What i like about him is the fact he's so versatile. He can play in centre midfield, on the wing, leftback and even upfront. There's not many players that can do that.

Lee Bullen has played every position for Wednesday evn goalkeeper that is versatility.

I imagine the main hate with Richardson is that hes not playing when he does play he hardly sets the world on fire. And Gareth Barry is having a storming season at Villa and much more deserving of a place in the England team.

Everyone bitched about Theo not playing for Arsenal, and yet this muppet gets in the England squad having barely touched a ball this season and no one quibbles. Like Noodleman said he hasn't set the world alight, I just don't see a good player in him.

Oddly he has a really punchable face..

On a pleasant note, bought two tickets for Arsenal vs Portsmouth. Another hard earned £95 gone. (Block 99, Row 22, if anyone cares).

On a pleasant note, bought two tickets for Arsenal vs Portsmouth. Another hard earned £95 gone. (Block 99, Row 22, if anyone cares).

You lucky bastard.........:wink:

Anyway I'm interested in buying the red membership for Arsenal.....do you think its worth it? Cos I really wanna go to the Emirates...........:red:

I'm a red member. Before this season I would have said, really its only worth it so that you can get a silver membership. But this season has been great for Red Members, every home game has gone to Reds, including the Tottenham match (Opera crashed on me just as I got to the end of the queue and was about to search for some tickets ;_; ). Due to financial reasons though I've only been able to get to a few matches.

£30 is quite steep, you get a membership pack (which isn't all that great). But I think in the long run its worth it. The only problem is I don't know whether membership has closed for a while.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!