N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Trust me, us gooners might not be in a good position right now, but its only a matter of time when the team clicks and gets into gear. I really am not worried about the team. Its too early on in the season to worry about it.

I just hope we can kick start our team against United, and maybe get something from the game.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Champions League Night Tonight!

United and Celtic game was class. Both teams went for it, it was pure attacking football. I'm chuffed that my man Saha got 2 goals, and i'm very chuffed that Solskjaer got the winner. However, those two goals we conceded, we should have done better against them. Well, i suppose i can forgive the freekick, as it was a brilliant freekick, but the first goal was definitely down to Ferdinand making a mistake.

No worries, we got the win, which was the most important thing. :)

Oh, and Real Madrid lost to Lyon 2-0. I'm a sadistic so-and-so, but i don't care. I can't stand them.

Norwich where an absolute shambles today, im gald I dont have to watch that week in week out. Tbf Palace weren't much better. Norwichs entire tactics consisted of booting it to Earnshaw from a goal kick, shockingly the 5"5 welshaman was beaten in the air every fucking time by the 6"2 Leon Cort. Or playing it wide to either Croft or Mcveigh only for there to be nobody in the box for either to cross it to.

None of Norwichs 3 central midfielders seemed prepared to get forward during the entire match and on the one ocasion Etuhu did get forward, Noriwchs best move of the match occured. Former Ipswich man Shefki Kuqi scoring the winner in the last minute for Palace probably hurt the Norwich fans but the shitty performance hurt me more. On the basis of todays performance however I would be very suprised if either team made the playoffs let alone got promoted.

He was only the pitch for about 10 minutes and his goal was the first tiem I can remember him touching the ball so er who knows?

Ahhh, super sub.

Its the United-Arsenal game tomorrow. I really can't wait. For me, this is the biggest game of the season. (well, one of. We gotta play them away, too).

I would never label Kuqi super.. He is a fat and crap. Poor City losing.

Watford almost had Villa today, unlucky you 'Orns.

Bring on the gooners tomorrow, we need this more than anything, a win tomorrow will bring us back to life.

Can you believe some Man Utd fans, I was chatting to some **** (sorry the only word for him) on holiday in Majorca. Who was chatting such crap as saying Arsenal and Liverpool will be relegated and its where we belong. What a todger, two of English footballs best clubs don't belong in The Championship, and however humourous it would be to see a major club slip on its ass, its bad for the league. A long argument ensued, you know the type my team is better than yours bollocks, where me and my brother shut him up, and he was just bringing back crap like "your team is rubbish though". Needless to say this gimp had bright orange trousers on, so I had no creditibility for him.

Another SOLID result for Portsmouth. Wow! Most will agree with me that it's a great thing to see, and good luck to them. Oh and Campbell and Taylor are in one of my fantasy football teams :awesome:

5 goals in first 5 games for Andy Johnson, what a buy he's turning out to be for Everton, like I predicted. I was debating with fellow Arsenal fans about how we'd benefit so much from a poacher, and that Johnson for £7m would of been one hell of a buy, but they were too ignorant. I personally think he would of fit in really well into the side, he's got electric pace.

Can't fricking wait till tommorow afternoon

gonna be close for man utd, first big test this season. Even though we have been winning, our defence hasnt been the best and opponents have not made best of their chances.

could it be that we lose first time this season? cant wait to see the game.

Pfft, with Angel up front?

Anyway, you drew 0-0. Your keeper and one of your defender (lauren, i think he's called)kept you in the game. :heh:

Watford almost had Villa today, unlucky you 'Orns.

Flinky, I don't think you watched it, from what I saw we owned Watford in the first half. We were making the chances but we weren't bloody finishing.

It was great to see Laursen playing after his injury, it's like we have a new player. And Sorensen made some great saves. :grin:

Ramar, Watford were unlucky, but they'll be even more unlucky when they come to Villa Park. :p

Damn, I was hoping for 3 points as a nice birthday present. Oh, well. Maybe next year for the big one-eight.

Flinky, I don't think you watched it, from what I saw we owned Watford in the first half. We were making the chances but we weren't bloody finishing.

Most of the first half, yeah. Second half, i do believe Watford really went for it. Did you see the 2 awesome saves from Sorenson?

You may have done better in the first half, but i don't think you looked as dangerous as Watford did in the second half. They always looked like the ones that were going to score, imo.

Most of the first half, yeah. Second half, i do believe Watford really went for it. Did you see the 2 awesome saves from Sorenson?

You may have done better in the first half, but i don't think you looked as dangerous as Watford did in the second half. They always looked like the ones that were going to score, imo.

We do seem to have a problem with finishing. I hope Angel isn't gonna be off the mark again. Petrov had a good chance. And Gabby Agbonlahor? He's young, he needs to work on his finishing. He's a speedy bugger and if he becomes able to score regularly, he will be a class striker.

We do seem to have a problem with finishing. I hope Angel isn't gonna be off the mark again. Petrov had a good chance. And Gabby Agbonlahor? He's young, he needs to work on his finishing. He's a speedy bugger and if he becomes able to score regularly, he will be a class striker.

I've never been convinced with Angel. Agbonlahor looks like one to look out for, but it'll take time before you see the best of him. If i'm honest, i can see your boss dabbling a little in the transfer market in January, for a striker or two. That's if he's given money to spend, which he should be given. You've got the makings of a strong team.

I've never been convinced with Angel. Agbonlahor looks like one to look out for, but it'll take time before you see the best of him. If i'm honest, i can see your boss dabbling a little in the transfer market in January, for a striker or two. That's if he's given money to spend, which he should be given. You've got the makings of a strong team.

Angel did have a great season 3 years ago, and he seems to be regaining that as he wants to prove himself to O'Neill.

Agbonlahor, although he had unimpressive loan spells at Sheffield Wednesday and Watford, he was scoring regularly in the reserves and he plans to be doing that in the first XI.

And, yes. O'Neill will have some money for January window. Randy Lerner is expected to get 100% of the shares next week and become the Villa chairman.

I suppose I'd be right in saying that this is a great time to be a Villa fan. :yay:

Angel did have a great season 3 years ago, and he seems to be regaining that as he wants to prove himself to O'Neill.

Agbonlahor, although he had unimpressive loan spells at Sheffield Wednesday and Watford, he was scoring regularly in the reserves and he plans to be doing that in the first XI.

And, yes. O'Neill will have some money for January window. Randy Lerner is expected to get 100% of the shares next week and become the Villa chairman.

I suppose I'd be right in saying that this is a great time to be a Villa fan. :yay:

You're defensive line and midfield are pretty good at the moment. As long as you can get the goals, you should be aiming for Europe this year. :)

Ramar, Watford were unlucky, but they'll be even more unlucky when they come to Villa Park. :p

Hoping to go to that match actually, my brothers mate is a villa fan and he's offered to drive us to the game.

In the second half Watford were the dominant force, I didn't watch the match but I was listening to the radio, and second half was mostly all Watford.

Hoping to go to that match actually, my brothers mate is a villa fan and he's offered to drive us to the game.

In the second half Watford were the dominant force, I didn't watch the match but I was listening to the radio, and second half was mostly all Watford.

I would like to meet your brother's mate. :grin:

Watford were dominant in the second half but it was mostly Villa in the first half, well, what I saw on Match Of The Day anyway.

Have you been to Villa Park before?