N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesh, the only problem I can see with Tevez is that he's similar to Rooney in that they're not out and out strikers but rather shadow strikers who are very robust and dynamic and are able to do things others can't. Am I the only one of this opinion?

Yesh, the only problem I can see with Tevez is that he's similar to Rooney in that they're not out and out strikers but rather shadow strikers who are very robust and dynamic and are able to do things others can't. Am I the only one of this opinion?

I sorta feel the same way as you do. I think Tevez would probably do well with Rooney, but I'd like to bring someone else in, as well. Just incase Tevez didn't fit in!

Looking at our team, I think we've got a lot of pace and power. For the first time in ages, we seem to be able to have options. That's not something we've had for quite a long time, I think.

we have rossi, rooney, ole, saha, smith and giggsy who can now operate from the center...

why not wait until next summer?? that way we can go in for the right player and have more funds to bring in the sorta calibre of striker, united deserve...

i think we have more then enuff to still do brilliantly this season tbh

Rossi is still unproven, and I don't think next season would be right for him. I'd loan him out to another Premiership club for another season.

Rooney needs to gain in confidence, but I think he'll have an even better season next season. He had some dry patches this year, but he still managed to bag quite a lot of goals.

Ole is getting tired, and he's only got a few more years left in him.

Saha and Smith are both injury prone. When Saha is on fire, he really gets the team going, but he's not consistant. Same with Smith, imo.

The Giggsy situation is the same as Ole. Great player, and an utter legend, but we won't be able to rely on him forever.

That's a fair point. Saha's too injury prone. Rooney's not the striker we're on about. Ole's too old and regarded as a squad player. Rossi isn't proven at this level and won't do us that well in Europe and is more of a Rooney striker also, not like a RVN or Berbatov. Smith's good but he's not a 20-25 a season striker. Giggs is a left winger essentially. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we didn't sign a new striker but it would give us more muscle and help us on 4 fronts.

I say, unless someone else makes a move for Berbatov, leave it this season. Then next season raid Spurs!

I actually want Berbatov to stay at Spurs. One thing I don't want is the league to become even more "saturated" with the big players going to the top 3 or 4 clubs. I want it to be more competitive, and it'll be better for the fans out there.

If Spurs can attract more players like Berbatov and become more competitive, it'll be better for all of us.

I actually want Berbatov to stay at Spurs. One thing I don't want is the league to become even more "saturated" with the big players going to the top 3 or 4 clubs. I want it to be more competitive, and it'll be better for the fans out there.

If Spurs can attract more players like Berbatov and become more competitive, it'll be better for all of us.

I suppose yes, for the good of the league he should stay there. However my selfish interesting come before that.

what about the sampdoria striker, quagulaire or what ever his name is? he reminds me of batistuta for fiorentina. he is probable the best finnisher in the italian league. probably can get him for 8-10 million.

also, regarding the debate about unites formation, i think football has changed, no longer do you need the all out striker, players that drop back and move around seem to be the new way forword. look at AS Roma, they played without a all out striker.

eg. roony, nani and ronaldo can all rotate in a "3 up front" formation like the 4-3-3 we played for many games last season. a quick swith from 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 with ronaldo and rooney/giggs helping larsson/rooney.

edit: its actually Quagliarella

edit 2:

Batigol...what an awesome player. Now he was the definition of a finisher. Remember his goal against United. Phwoar that was smoking. It also depends on the type of personality the player has, Ferguson likes strong minded characters and many of the foreigners don't have that and really don't have the proper mentality for English football. Hugo Viana, Juan Veron anyone? Even David Healy would do...haha.

EDIT: Watch this goal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggVs7xCTwk

what about the sampdoria striker, quagulaire or what ever his name is? he reminds me of batistuta for fiorentina. he is probable the best finnisher in the italian league. probably can get him for 8-10 million.

also, regarding the debate about unites formation, i think football has changed, no longer do you need the all out striker, players that drop back and move around seem to be the new way forword. look at AS Roma, they played without a all out striker.

eg. roony, nani and ronaldo can all rotate in a "3 up front" formation like the 4-3-3 we played for many games last season. a quick swith from 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 with ronaldo and rooney/giggs helping larsson/rooney.

edir: its actually Quagliarella

That's a good point. Maybe Fergie will be the first to use that strategy...

Saha must go! i hate him to bits, hes total shite IMO and i think hes actually a retard!

1- misses too many chances, too tooooo many!

2- quite greedy on the ball (can be excused as hes a striker)

3- Dropt to mid to get the ball during an attack, but stays there when eveything is moving forward.

4- worse than a testicle in the air when it comes to heading.

Poor movement inside the box.

Saha must go! i hate him to bits, hes total shite IMO and i think hes actually a retard!

1- misses too many chances, too tooooo many!

2- quite greedy on the ball (can be excused as hes a striker)

3- Dropt to mid to get the ball during an attack, but stays there when eveything is moving forward.

4- worse than a testicle in the air when it comes to heading.

Poor movement inside the box.

*sigh* you didnt see the start of the season did you? His injury lets him down but when fit his feckin quality...

*sigh* you didnt see the start of the season did you? His injury lets him down but when fit his feckin quality...

i like clinical strikers, ie. 1 shot 1 goal players, the likes of shearer, batistuta, ruud and crespo. But you will lose the clinical edge if you play with players that arnt full out strikers at the expense of creating much more chances due to great movement.