N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this rivalries against Chelsea and stuff, I think they're rather nice. Bu one thing I don't get is the argument of "Chelsea's billions", I mean, Man Utd ain't exactly poor.

You do know that Man Utd have like a £200 million debt right?

championshiptablejc9.png

Look at Wolves: -2 goal difference and they're in 6th, yet Southhampton at 7th have 20 goal difference. Maybe they had a big win or wolves had a big loss. Or could it be that Wolves are scoring at the right times and places?

Anyway, Id like Derby to go up with Birmingham, because its been a while since Derby have been the premiership hasnt it?

Look at Wolves: -2 goal difference and they're in 6th, yet Southhampton at 7th have 20 goal difference. Maybe they had a big win or wolves had a big loss. Or could it be that Wolves are scoring at the right times and places?

Funny you should mention those 2 teams cos a few weeks ago this happened:

Wolverhampton 0-6 Southampton

Man Utd are not in debt, I don;t think many, if any, premiership clubs are in debt. The most heavily in debt club was Leeds Utd, which virtually financially collapsed and that's why they've slipped from playing Champions League football to struggling to survive in the championship.

On the topic of the Championship, the table is very tight and very exciting at both ends. It really will go down to the last game at both ends.

Man Utd are not in debt, I don;t think many, if any, premiership clubs are in debt. The most heavily in debt club was Leeds Utd, which virtually financially collapsed and that's why they've slipped from playing Champions League football to struggling to survive in the championship.

On the topic of the Championship, the table is very tight and very exciting at both ends. It really will go down to the last game at both ends.

Well there owner is in debt and he put the club up as capital to support the borrowing.

Yes they are £500 million of the takeover was raised by taking a loan out secured agains the club. This £500 million is being paid back by the club not the Glaziers. Infact I think its risen to more than £500 million because it was restructured recently.

Yes they are £500 million of the takeover was raised by taking a loan out secured agains the club. This £500 million is being paid back by the club not the Glaziers. Infact I think its risen to more than £500 million because it was restructured recently.

Well, the funny thing is, it's the debt the Glazers acquired to finance their takeover of the club. So although Man Utd is in debt, it's kind of more like a business loan that they are paying back. It's not like the Leeds Utd situation where they were £200 million under and nearly went bankrupt.

But if the Glaziers leave, United will still be responsonsible for the repayments not the Glaziers.

Edit: Whilst its not Leeds levels of fucked, I would hate for my club to have anywhere near that kind of money hanging over it.

Man Utd are already responsible for the payments, however as Man UTD makes more profit than any other football club in the world I'm sure they will handle it.

Saying that I was not happy about the take over, or the debt. To be honest I think the Glazers are parasites.

Burnley have just equalised agains the Baggies \o/ Please get a winner you utter legends of a team. :love:

I'm with him.

So who of the teams with a possibility of the championship play-off's would you people like to go up? hint: the answers Sheffield Wednesday.

a day late as usual but

champions.jpg

2 in a row :)

that's 5 out of the last 7 now, hopefully we can keep going :)

and to think at the start of this season something like 17 out of 20 Scottish Journalists picked Rangers for the title

'mon the hoops :)

Former Villa player Ian Taylor is retiring this Friday. He'll play his final match for Northampton against Huddersfield.

He played for Port Vale, Sheffield Wednesday, Villa and Derby County before joing Northampton.

He was a fantastic player at Villa, he had the passion to play football for us the same way Moore and Agbonlahor do today and he was also once my favourite player. Good luck to him whatever he does next.

What do people here think about the question:

Could Celtic survive 2 seasons of premiership football without being relegated?

I remember they played blackburn twice and they were both fairly evenly matched, but I cant remember the results. I think they probably could handle the lower teams but the top of the table would be a huge problem for them because the pace is much faster in the premier league. I guess championship sides have to put up with it if they get promoted.

What do people here think about the question:

Could Celtic survive 2 seasons of premiership football without being relegated?

I remember they played blackburn twice and they were both fairly evenly matched, but I cant remember the results. I think they probably could handle the lower teams but the top of the table would be a huge problem for them because the pace is much faster in the premier league. I guess championship sides have to put up with it if they get promoted.

Well, they evenly matched Blackburn, but they also won and beat (in two matches) Manchester United. I think they can give a pretty good account of themselves.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!