NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

How true you think this is? I think his good, play him DM and let Carrick/Scholes attack but £17m abit steep imo

A bit steep? Hes better than Carrick, who was totally invisible today, in my opinion and you paid £18 mill for him.

A bit steep? Hes better than Carrick, who was totally invisible today, in my opinion and you paid £18 mill for him.

Yea and I didnt say Carrick is worth price tag . Give him another season and I think his better when his given a attacking role which was againts Roma, Fletch done the defensive job then

Allez I'OM, won 2-1 and now in next season's Champions League. gotta make sure Cisse is signed. what a goal

Probably a bit late. But that was a poor final. I was disappointed, I was hoping for a Utd win and a bit more excitement.

Really hope Spurs have the ambition to hold onto Berbatov. There's an excellent article in the NOTW today by Martin Samuel, who quite often writes a lot of piss boiling nonsense but I really think he's hit the nail on the head with this one (yes, even the stuff about the mackem bastards ;) ):

Dimitar Berbatov has had a cracking season and should go to Manchester United.

Roy Keane's transformation of Sunderland is merely an apprenticeship for an Old Trafford move.

Micah Richards must abandon Manchester City for Chelsea's reserves - to be joined by Reading captain Steve Sidwell - while each day Michael Owen continues to spend at Newcastle United, or Benni McCarthy at Blackburn Rovers, is wasted.

And then, when we have successfully shifted every ounce of talent to the same two clubs we will wring our hands and ask why our Premiership is so uncompetitive.

Berbatov holds the key this summer. If he is allowed to tread the same path as Michael Carrick from north London to Manchester, we may as well put the "house full" signs up around the Champions League places.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal - that is the way it is always going to be.

No point in striving to improve, no worth in ambition. We lie in our bed furthermore.

If a player whose club finishes fifth for the second season in succession is said to be wasting his time, there truly is no hope for change.

Tottenham are on the brink. Had the club not sold Carrick to United a year ago, they could have moved ahead of Arsenal already. Next year, if key players are added to Martin Jol's squad, this may happen. There is hope of a £250m buy-out and major investment from America.

Yet speculation takes place amidst the presumption that Berbatov has to look to Old Trafford to have a hope of success in English football.

The same with Owen, McCarthy, Sidwell, Richards, Tevez - even Keane.

Having revived Sunderland (24,337 saw them lose at home to Plymouth on August 12 and 44,448 watched the final home game against Burnley on April 27), it is now presumed he is on a beginners course that will end with graduation at Old Trafford.

Yet Sunderland are a big club. Not the biggest, but still one with a grand history and fanbase that would stand tall in any league in Europe. Why should Keane not believe he can make his mark there? Why should every career choice be a stepping stone to United? Tottenham, Sunderland, Everton, Manchester City, Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn: these are good places to be.

But the crushing financial force of the Champions League has, in our minds, relegated them to football's hinterland.

Instead of fighting back, we pander further by treating the gap between the elite and the contenders as if it is a chasm and not, as last season, two points.

With clubs targeted by serious investors abroad, traditional supremacies may be challenged.

In this climate, our Premiership should become more competitive. What keeps it unhealthy is our resistance to change, built on the presumption that United deserve 22 great players, and Spurs none.

I don't blame Bayern for asking for £17m. once Carrick went for £18m Bayern had every right to demand a huge fee.

To make footy matches more interesting (even championship or second division games you have no interest in) randomly insert 50p bet with friends. Here's some suggestions

Next foul

Next corner

Next corner postion (Bottom right, bottom left, top right, top left)

Next managerial close up

Next offside

Next team to win a header

Next team to touch the ball in the centre circle

etc

Can do all that and more on ladbrokes.com It's "bet in play" Can work out expensive tho as I have found out :(

Can't believe United lost. Absolutely gutted. Glad I didnt see the game tho as it sound like a bore fest (was at my sisters wedding)

Oh well The Premiership was always more important to get back than any other cup but the double would have been nice.

Now the Champions League 4th/3rd Place Play Off is over, we can concentrate on the Biggest Club Prize in European Footballl..

The Champion's League Final Huzzah!

btw

lol-46383.jpg

Lmfao at some of the people on this forum, Dellusionals....

Now the Champions League 4th/3rd Place Play Off is over, we can concentrate on the Biggest Club Prize in European Footballl..

The Champion's League Final Huzzah!

Oh no, apparantly the FA cup and the Premiership are infinitely more important than that, and are the only competitions worth winning, and all the big clubs don't bother with the Champions League, and Manchester United and Chelsea are the best teams in England, no, Europe, no, THE WORLD, and Liverpool are shit and Gerrard is overated and Rafa is a crap manager and they play boring football and they're only in the final 'cos they've been lucky, not that it matters that they're in the final 'cos it's only the Champions League and the Champions League is shit. FACT :rolleyes:

Got to love how delusional Liverpool fans appear to be thinking they're the best team in England because they've reached a cup final. The only way to measure how good a team is is to see how they do throughout a season not on a cup run.

Face it both Man U and Chelsea are better than Liverpool.

Oh no, apparantly the FA cup and the Premiership are infinitely more important than that, and are the only competitions worth winning, and all the big clubs don't bother with the Champions League, and Manchester United and Chelsea are the best teams in England, no, Europe, no, THE WORLD, and Liverpool are shit and Gerrard is overated and Rafa is a crap manager and they play boring football and they're only in the final 'cos they've been lucky, not that it matters that they're in the final 'cos it's only the Champions League and the Champions League is shit. FACT :rolleyes:

Also that Football was invented before 1992...and what ever happend before 1992 was just a blip in the slow vibrations of eternity...

AND not to forget the fact, DESPITE the season 2007/08 being a few months off, we have NO CHANCE of winning the league, DESPITE the invesment and we are perhaps the worst footballing team in history

Coz we haven't won the premiership lad :idea:

Got to love how delusional Liverpool fans appear to be thinking they're the best team in England because they've reached a cup final. The only way to measure how good a team is is to see how they do throughout a season not on a cup run.

Face it both Man U and Chelsea are better than Liverpool.

I don't think we have came out and said we are the best team in England I know I haven't, and the way you say Cup Run shows how little you value the Champions League...It's stupid and ignorant to be-little a trophy that most of the Country can only dream about while masturbuating into their Man Utd Tops...

of course liverpool are not the best team in the country. it is like saying AC Milan are the best team in Italy because they have reached the CL Final. It is silly isnt it?

of course liverpool are not the best team in the country. it is like saying AC Milan are the best team in Italy because they have reached the CL Final. It is silly isnt it?

Very Well Put:bowdown:

The thing is, how do you define the 'best' team? There's no single definition. Personally I like to think that reaching finals and winning trophies is a good indicator of quality, but apparantly I'm wrong and reaching the final of the world's biggest club competition twice in three seasons counts for nothing.

The thing is, how do you define the 'best' team? There's no single definition. Personally I like to think that reaching finals and winning trophies is a good indicator of quality, but apparantly I'm wrong and reaching the final of the world's biggest club competition twice in three seasons counts for nothing.

Thats what defines A glory hunter to be honest, dellusion in the face of the better success of other clubs

Diddums

Who cares anyway,

Were all going to Athens Were all going to Athens Na Na Na Na

Kaiser confirms Owen United deal

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has confirmed that Owen Hargreaves will leave the club for Manchester United this summer.

The England international has long been a target for Red Devils chief Sir Alex Ferguson, with Bayern fending off interest from Old Trafford last summer.

Hargreaves has made no secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford and in the face of renewed interest from United and the midfielder's desire to move on, Bayern's stance has softened in recent weeks.

Bayern are planning an overhaul of their playing staff after falling well short in the Bundesliga and a reported £17million deal will hand the club a substantial transfer kitty.

German magazine Spiegel reported on its website a deal had been agreed and Beckenbauer has confirmed the 26-year-old will head to England this summer.

"Owen is leaving," Beckenbauer told Germany's DSF sports television network. "That was the player's wish.

"It's a good match and it's also a good deal financially."

Bayern executive board chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has admitted losing Hargreaves will be a big blow.

"A player like Owen Hargreaves would have looked good in our team next year," Rummenigge told the club's official website.

"In the defensive midfield position Owen is one of the best in the world - it's a big sporting loss for us."

First big buy of the summer?

liverpool have reached the most important cup final in the world and fair play to them, i wud of loved united to have got there... rafa's tactics in europe are spot on, but league wise they dont work as his reign as proven... on current form u cud say liverpool r the best english team when it comes to form in europe, but they have a long, long way to go to be the best team in england... tactically and squad wise they cant fuck with us or chelsea, until liverpool do something proper in the league it isnt even up for debate...

Next season mate, next season...

liverpool have reached the most important cup final in the world and fair play to them, i wud of loved united to have got there... rafa's tactics in europe are spot on, but league wise they dont work as his reign as proven... on current form u cud say liverpool r the best english team when it comes to form in europe, but they have a long, long way to go to be the best team in england... tactically and squad wise they cant fuck with us or chelsea, until liverpool do something proper in the league it isnt even up for debate...

shud be a great final btw, i want milan to win but can see them not bein used to the phsyical aspect of liverpool and maybe failing... who knows?

lol at ant throwing out these immature subliminal disses to man united fans, just stop trynna cause arguments buddie - its quite clear when we are dealing with glory supporters...

my 2 cents ^

I agree with what your saying totally apart from....

Me Immature?, and trying to cause arguments?, I wasn't trying to be immature nor be provocative I am just trying to be articulate, and prove a point that their are blind fans here who are be-littleing our achievements but Know full well if they had our sucess they would be as proud as we are. This thread is full of glory hunters, I mean we all come across them from day to day basis, I am actually pretty convinced that half the Chelsea fans on this forum actually aren't from Fulham way and never supported Chelsea before they won the league, or are indeed match going fans

And I do not think their is a Mancunian Match Going Man Utd Fan on this forum at all, If their is I apoligise, and I would love your input, instead of these plazzy fans

Anyway before you call me immature, look at the contributions you have made in this forum, apart from being anti scouse and talking like a 12 year old chav. put your own house in order....

Are their actually Season ticket/Fan Card holders who post here?

I do have a Fan Card and no Season Ticket(How ever use other poples when they can't make it), I'd say I go to about 3-4 Games a Month with the Club...Home and Away

I have a season ticket for Celtic Park, had one for the last 12 years now :)

also go to the occasional away game, plus travelled to Seville without a ticket 4 years ago for the UEFA cup final :)

you liverpool fans all seem to want to annoy everyone in this thread. I don't go to many gfames for chelsea, I'm not a member of the club etc, and in the last 16 years of my life have seen around 10 games for Chelsea. However, I will probably be labelled as a glory hunter, because if your a chelsea fan you usually are.

I hate that >_<

Liverpool have the most glory hunters than a few of the top clubs put together.

I think its safe to say I'm not a glory hunter.

Oh god I hope we don't lose this guy:

Chris-Brunt-SWFC.jpg

you liverpool fans all seem to want to annoy everyone in this thread. I don't go to many gfames for chelsea, I'm not a member of the club etc, and in the last 16 years of my life have seen around 10 games for Chelsea. However, I will probably be labelled as a glory hunter, because if your a chelsea fan you usually are.

I hate that >_<

Liverpool have the most glory hunters than a few of the top clubs put together.

Annoy Everyone?, Were simply speaking truth?, Truth Hurts as they say...

I don't go to many gfames for chelsea, I'm not a member of the club etc, and in the last 16 years of my life have seen around 10 games for Chelsea. However, I will probably be labelled as a glory hunter, because if your a chelsea fan you usually are.

And?

And as for us having the most glory hunters, Maybe thats true, but their best damn glory hunters Money can buy ;)

I have a season ticket for Celtic Park, had one for the last 12 years now :)

also go to the occasional away game, plus travelled to Seville without a ticket 4 years ago for the UEFA cup final :)

I have been to Celtic with Liverpool twice, that time in 1997, and the one back in '03, Always has been a welcoming atmosphere and their has always been a good relationship between both fans

I think its safe to say I'm not a glory hunter.

Oh god I hope we don't lose this guy:

Chris-Brunt-SWFC.jpg

What do you think about Brian Law and how Paul Sturrock was ousted from his job because of the board?