Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to see Luton vs Norwich with my dad, bought him and myself a ticket for his birthday. Shite game, both teams were crap. But you've got to love a last minute winner for your team (or the team you're going for). Norwich won 3-2 in injury time.

Give it to the Norwich fans, great bunch, they never stop chanting, right behind the team.

How could you possibly be disappointed in Utd's display? Did you even see the team they put out? Their midfield was utter shite. Richardson, Fletcher and O'Shea? If it wasn't for Solskjaer it would seem Fergie wanted to lose. And what's with not giving Alan Smith a decent run out instead of subbing Saha for Rooney?

We did well to get those goals so quick early on. 3-0 against any team within that amount of time is phenomenal.

We shouldn't have conceded, although I guess with the goals being scored so early on, it was very easy to drop off. Trouble is, we should've kept going and press for more. I don't care if we're 10 nil up, we should always be aiming for that 11th and 12th goal.

Still, onto the next round.

For effort, maybe. But, the team were hopeless at the start, and they paid for it with some fine finishing from us.

I think we should have won the original game against them, but didn't. So, I'll take this result quite happily. They made a great cup tie out of it, and Reading will hopefully go on to do some great things, maybe even in the FA Cup next year. But, I think this result is about right.

How could you possibly be disappointed in Utd's display? Did you even see the team they put out? Their midfield was utter shite. Richardson, Fletcher and O'Shea? If it wasn't for Solskjaer it would seem Fergie wanted to lose. And what's with not giving Alan Smith a decent run out instead of subbing Saha for Rooney?

I agree. The team sheet was less than impressive. Clearly Utd whilst looking for a win, but they are prioritising Europe and the Premiership.

We did well to get those goals so quick early on. 3-0 against any team within that amount of time is phenomenal.

We shouldn't have conceded, although I guess with the goals being scored so early on, it was very easy to drop off. Trouble is, we should've kept going and press for more. I don't care if we're 10 nil up, we should always be aiming for that 11th and 12th goal.

Still, onto the next round.

It can sometimes be a curse scoring early on. Sometimes it's a curse scoring at all - you see teams play an amazing match, dominate the whole game, score a goal then simply concede straight from the kick off.

Personally, I thought Reading put in a great performance, but no team that concedes three goals in the first 6 minutes deserves to win.

I agree. The team sheet was less than impressive. Clearly Utd whilst looking for a win, but they are prioritising Europe and the Premiership.

It can sometimes be a curse scoring early on. Sometimes it's a curse scoring at all - you see teams play an amazing match, dominate the whole game, score a goal then simply concede straight from the kick off.

Personally, I thought Reading put in a great performance, but no team that concedes three goals in the first 6 minutes deserves to win.

Scoring early is a curse, most of the time. It gives the other team too much time to fight back.

I think the performance from Reading was great, but yeah, 3 goals in 6 minutes wasn't a great start, and they were always facing an uphill battle. I can sympathise why so many wanted Reading to win this game, as it's always great to see the bigger teams get beaten by the not-so-big teams. (see how I carefully chose my words there, Mr Raphael Benitez.)

I went to see Luton vs Norwich with my dad, bought him and myself a ticket for his birthday. Shite game, both teams were crap. But you've got to love a last minute winner for your team (or the team you're going for). Norwich won 3-2 in injury time.

Give it to the Norwich fans, great bunch, they never stop chanting, right behind the team.

One of my friends went too, big norwich fan. They're all very very happy with the result.

Scoring early is a curse, most of the time. It gives the other team too much time to fight back.

very true, although if you're playing against Celtic you have to hope you're more than 1 ahead in the last 5 minutes :)

at least 3 times in just over a year we've come from behind to win in the last 5 minutes

Hearts 2 - Celtic 3 New years Day 2005 (2 stoppage time goals)

Celtic 2 - Hearts 1 October 06 (86th min eq, stoppage time og)

Caley Thistle 1- Celtic 2 last weekend (89th min eq, stoppage time winner)

There's more games where we've scored just the winner in the last 5 but you get the idea :)

The FA Cup?

LOL

But I guess if that's your only chance of silverware...

So..do you still think Liverpool will finish top of the Premiership then, Fields?

very true, although if you're playing against Celtic you have to hope you're more than 1 ahead in the last 5 minutes :)

at least 3 times in just over a year we've come from behind to win in the last 5 minutes

Hearts 2 - Celtic 3 New years Day 2005 (2 stoppage time goals)

Celtic 2 - Hearts 1 October 06 (86th min eq, stoppage time og)

Caley Thistle 1- Celtic 2 last weekend (89th min eq, stoppage time winner)

There's more games where we've scored just the winner in the last 5 but you get the idea :)

Ahh, scoring late,late goals is fantastic. Conceding is absolutely horrible, though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3WoS2YQFZ-s

Best set of late goals ever?

God, you have no idea the emotions I had when those goals went in.

I was honestly losing hope, and I was going to just stop watching the game. I think heartbroken was the correct word. :heh:

Then, we just scored...twice! Bluddy hell, it's years ago, but I still have a vivid memory of it all. :yay:

God, you have no idea the emotions I had when those goals went in.

I was honestly losing hope, and I was going to just stop watching the game. I think heartbroken was the correct word. :heh:

Then, we just scored...twice! Bluddy hell, it's years ago, but I still have a vivid memory of it all. :yay:

I remember it so clearly as well and I don't even support Man Utd. I was 10 years old and didn't really care about football other than Celtic but I still went mad.

I remember it so clearly as well and I don't even support Man Utd. I was 10 years old and didn't really care about football other than Celtic but I still went mad.

Just watched the video again, and I must have seen that footage a thousand times, but it still makes me well up. I still get shivers down my spine when you hear the crowd roar when they get the second corner and when they score.

I have the commentry from that glorious day on a poster which I got from the United Megastore when I went on a tour of old trafford after winning the treble!

One thing that sticks in my mind for the 2nd goal was when Atkinson says something like "They're playing defensively now, the great dane's not coming up" Then bang solskjaer! :D

Watching that video still sends shivers down my spine :)

In other news this Blackburn vs Arsenal Game is boring as hell.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!