Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

What was Silva sent off for? in the text update on bbc.co.uk it happened just after he was fouled, did he lamp someone?

Good news for me, some of my rivals in the pub league have got arsenal players.

The blokes on SkySportsNews say he was sent off for violent conduct in an incident with Robby Savage.

Looks like Savage was winding him up, as he loves to do that with players.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ it was a stupid sending off. I was so shocked when Gilberto got red. Savage fouled Gilberto, it was a nasty tackle and then Gilberto tripped Savage and tried to get closer to him. Savage tried to make his way through the break up and then the ref sent Gilberto off. Savage only recieved a yellow.

rubbish decision

both should have got equal punishment

Toure scores a header, a bloody good one as well. It came off the post, very well directed. Power!

Henry gets an assist, 2 points for me

Haha, Fabregas assists Henry 5 points!

Great result for the gooners. Absolutely brilliant.

Bring on United I say!!!!!

yeah, we'll be brought on and we'll kill you.

I may regret saying the above. Still i put 70/30 on Manu winning because of the way they passed it around villa was amazing. arsenal wasnt as effective, ok gilberto was off, but even so the passing didnt flow that well

I dont rate South Park much. They call him 'the dynamo' but i dont think he's much of a dynamo. Id call him 'the gimmick'. Dont get me wrong, I think Park is a good player, he puts in a lot of effort, but i dont think he is good enough to play in the Manu team. I think Fergie bought him because he wanted him to prove to everyone that Korean players can be great in the Premiership, plus it would also please the vast number of supporters from East-Asia. However, I think Man Utd have better players than him. Having said that though, he certainly does deserve a place in the Premiership.

I heard Carrick and Scholes were very impressive in midfield today, Both running the show.

Who needs Hargreaves eh? :heh:

I thought all our midfield was fantastic today. Park and Carrick both played blinders and deserved to get their goals, as did Ronaldo. Its a shame Scholes couldn't round it off!

As I said earlier in this thread, you don't need to be spectacular everytime you play. This is with regards to Michael Carrick. He is exactly what United need at this moment in time, sometime to add stability and options in our midfield. From a corner, he can pass the ball out and start an attack. We need players like that. He's the linkup between defence and midfield, midfield and attack, essential.

He is also a very, very good crosser of the ball. His cross for Ronaldo today was sublime. Overall, I think our midfield has been excellent this season, and its down to the trio that is Ronaldo, Scholes and Carrick. Our 3 key players this season.

Guest Stefkov

Although I missed motd, I agree with you, Fierce, on Carrick. His passing and ability to spot people's runs etc are sublime. I think the last match he played he crossed the ball right wide to I think Ronaldo. It went straight to his feet. After what you have I can't to see the replay tommorow morn.

yeah, we'll be brought on and we'll kill you.

I may regret saying the above. Still i put 70/30 on Manu winning because of the way they passed it around villa was amazing. arsenal wasnt as effective, ok gilberto was off, but even so the passing didnt flow that well

Well it is kinda hard to play with 10 men you know.....as well as the fact that it was an away game at Ewood park against a side very much in form, made it that much harder. On the other hand, United played at Old Trafford, with 11 men, against a side who haven't recorded a win in 11 games. Yes you may have passed the ball around nicely today but next week you'll get a harder test than a limp Aston Villa side.

I think Fergie bought him because he wanted him to prove to everyone that Korean players can be great in the Premiership, plus it would also please the vast number of supporters from East-Asia.

Thats the worst reason any manager would buy a player. I really doubt Sir Alex bought him for those daft reasons you stated.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just giving my point of view. :smile:

Thats the worst reason any manager would buy a player. I really doubt Sir Alex bought him for those daft reasons you stated.

I'm not trying to start an argument, just giving my point of view. :smile:

now that you've highlighted it, it does sound stupid. lets just say that i dont rate Park much as an MU player

park is in the team becaue of his versatility. he can play right, left and central in midfeild whech makes him a good player to rotate and ret key players with. plus he brings in a good $20 million a year from east asia as man utd support there is huge.

Hes better than O'shea, Richardson & Silvestre Combined not that, thats saying much mind.

i used to think the same, but think about o'shea. hes a player you want to play in scrappy games eg. blackburn, watford ect. he brings hight, strength and some aggresion, a good subs-bench player to have in your team. he lacks everything else though.

i used to think the same, but think about o'shea. hes a player you want to play in scrappy games eg. blackburn, watford ect. he brings hight, strength and some aggresion, a good subs-bench player to have in your team. he lacks everything else though.

Cant pass, cant tackle, has absolutly no positional awareness, runs around like a headless chicken. Living off the fact he was quite good once for 6 months about 5 years ago. so no hes not a good player to have on your bench. In fact the only reason I can see for having him on the bench is that he can allegadly play in several positions.

Chimbonda slaps Nicky Butt after the halftime whistle right in front of the linesman, who duely bottles it. Nasty little **** then starts bickering with the fans, then a bit of a barney in the tunnel.

Wonder if the linesman was the same one who missed Defoe being offside for their goal.

EDIT: He's been booked in the dressing room, would have thought it'd be a red for that. be interested to say what he puts in his report about what the yellow was for, can't have been for the slap because that rule isn't open to interpretation. If he's given if for deliberately striking an opponent in the face off the ball it had to be a red. What a tool Steve Bennet is - Jamie Redknapp too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!