NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

Hey its Windows Live Messenger (MSN 8.0)

give us a rundown of whats new.

i will install this once msg plus live comes out. which will be in a few weeks.

give us a rundown of whats new.

i will install this once msg plus live comes out. which will be in a few weeks.

Features of Windows Live Messenger include the following:

• Video Call - The free, synchronized audio and video service in Windows Live Messenger

• Windows Live Call with Verizon Web Calling service.

• Cordless phones designed exclusively for Windows Live Messenger - Uniden America Corp. and Philips recently introduced phones that make the Windows Live Call feature for Windows Live Messenger available in North America and Europe.

• Microsoft LifeCams optimized for Windows Live Messenger - Microsoft Hardware and the Windows Live services group announced last week a line of webcams that are designed for use with Windows Live Messenger.

• Sharing Folders - Now sharing is as easy as dragging and dropping a file. Customers can more easily share their files and personal photos with family, friends and colleagues on their Windows Live Messenger Contact List.

• Windows Live Contacts - Contact information is always current with Windows Live Contacts in Windows Live Messenger.

• Integration with Windows Live services - Windows Live Messenger integrates with other Windows Live services such as Windows Live Search, Windows Live Local, Windows Live Mail and MSN Spaces.

Ive had the BETA since it was first leaked unnofficialy, then kept upgrading to the latest one. I usually check http://www.mess.be to see if anything's out

But i forgot, thanks for the heads up

The only thing I hate about it is that they replaced the display pictures in the main window with those little glass "characters". :shakehead

The only thing I hate about it is that they replaced the display pictures in the main window with those little glass "characters". :shakehead

I just put it on, i feel the same.

----------

I don't get this bit, in the Conv window you can high light their personal message and email addy. i can only guess this is too cpy thier addy.

Yes the disappearance of the dp's in the main window is a bit annoying, but I just installed it and found a few neat features.

- You can give your contact a nickname instead of being forced to look at his/her superlong emo lyrics nickname. Yes, he/she's one of your best friends 4eva, even if they're faggy. [stolen from: Trillian]

- Timestamps [stolen from: AIM, IRC, pretty much every other IM]

- You can shut off the option to see 'says' after each message in a row [stolen from: trillian afaik]

- offline messages can be recorded (at least, it said it could) [ stolen from: AIM, ICQ i think]

-Shared folders could be interesting for school projects and the like, when that dumb fuck just won't come online. [stolen from: the internet (webspace)]

Sadly, the dumb ads are still there, that take away from what is otherwise a fairly nice interface, clean and all. Oh well.

Also: WLM takes up 40 MB RAM when opened, 3 when minimised to system tray.

Note: the 'stolen froms' are in my experience or from what I've seen, I'm sure there were IM's with certain features earlier ;)

I was very glad in one of the earlier BETAs when they removed the thing that mkaes your contacts go big when you scroll voer them, that was annoying..

There's really nothing new in here from the BETA version they released the other month.

Live Plus comes out on saturday, thats when i install this

Thanks, so will I.

Is ther ANY difference from the beta (as it hasn't even asked me to update it)?

Anyway, I wouldn't use MSN is if wasn't for a-patch. (and if trillian didnt have problems with file transfers on my comp). No ads, no winks, a load of other annoying stuff removed.

I might download Live messenger, if i get round to it. ATM, i'm happy with MSN 7.5, it's good enough for now.

I got it as I just installed a new Hard Drive [YAY!]... It's not bad. Nothing to brag about.

I got it, but I want to handwrite and it won't let me. And to piss me off the help doesn't help, typical Microsoft.

Right, I'll download that off the microsoft website then.

I've got this, but now i have to wait 'til saturday to get my tabbed windows back >_<

Other than that, it's a nice interface, though will take a bit to get used to.

You can get the Display Pictures to show if you click the (two arrows) on the top right, and select 'Show Details' it still sucks though, as they are HUGE.

messenger live plus sucks too microsoft fucked up with live messenger-msn 7.5 plus with a few plug ins is infinatly better.

Plus isnt out yet, a few fake ones were floating around, those were viruses..

Thanks for that. Didn't realise the final version was out. Does anyone have any idea when IE7 or WMP11 are going to be released properly?

Thanks for that. Didn't realise the final version was out. Does anyone have any idea when IE7 or WMP11 are going to be released properly?

I think IE7 Beta 3 is out sometime aroung august.

WMP11 is out fully isnt it?

Im using IE7 BETA for stuff Opera doesnt run, it's a bit suck..

Sign in to follow this