NEurope
mcj metroid

Great horror films!

Yeah Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the original Omen (yet to see the remake) scared the absolute shit out of me, as well as Poltergeist but that's cos i was so young when they showed us that in primary school. I still remember it like it was yesterday - the girls screaming the guys pretending not to be scared but seriously shitting themselves....then not going to sleep for like 2/3 nights consecutively. Bar Texas Chainsaw Massacre i can't say a horror movie has really scared me in the last few years - but that being said i don't watch too many (possibly traumatised) , but out of the ones i've seen thats the only one to really creep me out. The old man.....*shudders*

ALIEN is one of my all time favorite movies but I thought ALIENS was better in sheer terms of amazement, my brother let me watch the Terminator when I was like 4 but surprisingly I wasn't scarred for life.:laughing:

I agree Alien is possibly the best horror film of all time. The suspense, atmosphere, and fact that the Alien itself looked unbelievably realistic (mainly becasue it was a guy in a suit rather than CGI or other special effects) especially for film made so long ago.

Aliens was a better film, but it wasnt a horror film. It was more of an action film with horror elements. I just like how it expanded the whole alien universe. Aliens 3 and ressurection werent anything special, plus the CGI didnt look as good as people in suits.

Dont watch any american remakes, they all suck. The american version of the grudge is sooo bad. I liked texam chainsaw massacre though i saw the remake first which was a mistake. Try watching switchblade romance, its french and has quite a bit of gore but it is pretty damn scary. Though cabin fever was a terrible "horror" movie as it wasnt scary at all, there wasnt even anything to be scared of, they drink the water and you know there gonna die, it sucks, still makes for a decent overal movie though.

P.S Cant remember if it was the first or the second jeepers creepers but the part where they look back and he is dumping the bodies down that hole.. man that was scary, shame the rest of the film was crap.

I watched Jaws and Terminator when I was about 6. Probably some others too but I dont remember back that far.

Steven King's IT fucked me up as a child.

pennywise.jpg

thats because it was so shit u wrecked your head trying to figure how it was so shit.Its also pointlessly long

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned many 70's/80's john caprenter films one of my fave being..........."The Prince of Darkness". It hasnt got Ozzie Osbourne in but it does have the legendary Alice Cooper in it as a zombie man thing:hehe: . And for that it is a classic lol i think its one of those films that not many people have seen but i think it is a really good example of how to make a horror movie, its got loads of tense and memberable bits in it that have probably inspired a few films.................and its got Alice Cooper who if i remember correctly almost kills some1 with a bicyle lol

I'm not a big fan of horror movies, I'm the squeamish type, but even so, there are some that I really enjoyed, most notably, The Shining, The Omen, The Exorcist and strangely, Red Dragon even though it was supposed to be crap, the mere thought of broken mirrors still scares the crap out of me...

by red dragon do u mean the hannibal film?or some kung fu thingy(kung fu horror?)my god i forgot about the shining!that really is the best horror

I mean the Sequel (or prequel) to Hannibal

Edit: What a match!! Crouch didn't do the robot!!?? :angry: Gerrard pwned as usual. Come on England!!

Has anyone seen that japanese film Audition it's not strikly a horror film but it's dam freaky.

best horror film i have ever seen has to be the japanese ring 2, i didn't sleep for years after!

I mean the Sequel (or prequel) to Hannibal

Edit: What a match!! Crouch didn't do the robot!!?? :angry: Gerrard pwned as usual. Come on England!!

yep thats what i meant i thought that was really good but never as good as silence of the lambs!

Yeah, I haven't seen silence of the lambs, is it worth renting or what?

Yes it is worth it in its own right, but it's a strange psycho crime horror, more in line with the classic Psycho and Stephen King's 'Misery'. It's also VERY wordy, heavily scripted and if you don't like that it seems to go on a bit. If you find yourself hooked to it, though, it's a fantastic film. Even the dialogue that goes on and on is fascinating then.

its my favourite film of all time...Brilliant film,the acting is amazing.If u liked red dragon then u will LOVE this.It is truly amazing

another film is misery,what a film