Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Star Wars + Many PS3 Projects -> Wii

Stocka

Sorry but this is obviously a load of rubbish. There wont be any "switching over" projects from PS3 to Wii, because obviously the Wii cant handle anything intended for the PS3's power. If anything it'd be developers putting PS3 projects on hold and workiing on some little Wii ones instead.

There wont be any "switching over" projects from PS3 to Wii, because obviously the Wii cant handle anything intended for the PS3's power.

They are not "switching over" projects. Just shifting their focus.

If anything it'd be developers putting PS3 projects on hold and workiing on some little Wii ones instead.

That's more like what they are doing. In some cases they are probably canceling / stopping production on PS3.

Hmmm, Resident Evil 5 and Assasin's Creed are some shifts I like to see :heh:

Seriously though, something like this was to be expected. We need to see how much the developers actually 'shift'.

I woulda thought Resi Evil 5 woulda been perfect for the wii with the controls and all. Good thing is though, from what we've heard from devellopers' difficulties with the PS3 it would seem that this is likely going to happen. It's not going to make that much of a diiference because 360 titles seem much more appealing to me than any PS3 titles I've seen so far.

I'm quite honestly expecting Sony to suffer the same fate that Nintendo did during the N64 days - and its all down to arrogance.

Can Sony really expect developers to take the financial risk of developing games with spiralling costs and, arguably, a dwindling market?

I still cant understand Sony's business model since the release of the PSP. Third party support made the Playstation brand stick and now its almost as if theyre trying to get rid of it.

Sony Exec: ''Ok Guys heres the plan...From now on were going to make huge losses on each console or handheld we sell''

Stockholder: :mad:

Sony Exec: '' No its ok! Our software sales will make up for it!

By the way, PS3 games will cost 15 percent more than PS2 games.''

Low-level employee: Wont this be risky for all but the biggest 3rd parties? Our hardware is so expensive, the consumer wont be able to afford many games at launch, and they may opt to buy HD movies on payday instead

Sony Exec: ''Nonsense, everyone can afford both''

Stockholder: :hmm:

Low-level employee: ''But look what happened with UMD, no one bought 3rd party games''

Sony Exec: ''Thats not our problem''

Low-level employee: ''UMD movie sales were also patheti...''

Sony Exec: ''...you're fired! and you over there, Tech Chief, slap another USB port on the back of the PS3, just to be on the safe side''

I still cant understand Sony's business model since the release of the PSP. Third party support made the Playstation brand stick and now its almost as if theyre trying to get rid of it.

Sony Exec: ''Ok Guys heres the plan...From now on were going to make huge losses on each console or handheld we sell''

Low-level employee: Wont this be risky for all but the biggest 3rd parties? Our hardware is so expensive, the consumer wont be able to afford many games at launch, and they may opt to buy HD movies on payday instead

Low-level employee: ''But look what happened with UMD, no one bought 3rd party games''

Sony Exec: ''...you're fired! and you over there, Tech Chief, slap another USB port on the back of the PS3, just to be on the safe side''

:o you must be an insider. How do you know Sony secret plans?

ohhh what happens next ohhhh:bouncy:

Sorry but this is obviously a load of rubbish. There wont be any "switching over" projects from PS3 to Wii, because obviously the Wii cant handle anything intended for the PS3's power. If anything it'd be developers putting PS3 projects on hold and workiing on some little Wii ones instead.

Ummmm just because they would have to tone-down/restart development on current titles you're aying it won't happen? The devs are looking ahead and seeing that the wii is more popular than the ps3. Thus scrapping/reworking a few hundred hours of coding is overall the better option since the payout will be better (or they think it will at least). Don't forget the wii is supposedly very easy to code for so it might end up costing the same amount as finishing the project for the ps3.

Games in first stages of developement have their focus to get a good design storywise and gameplaywise. At that point shifting from PS3 to Wii development should be easy as not much code has been written, and whatever's written (some basic gameplay engine) probably won't be something the Wii can't handle. It's not as if they're porting games, they're changing directions.

TBH. I think most developers would probably shift their focus from PS3 to 360.

The Wii is stil not fully shown, and the 360 is the best (gfx) and easiest form for nextgen.

I doubt that Japanese devs will switch to 360. They'll either go for Nintendo or Sony for an exclusive. Unless M$ has payed them mega bucks.

Ummmm just because they would have to tone-down/restart development on current titles you're aying it won't happen? The devs are looking ahead and seeing that the wii is more popular than the ps3. Thus scrapping/reworking a few hundred hours of coding is overall the better option since the payout will be better (or they think it will at least). Don't forget the wii is supposedly very easy to code for so it might end up costing the same amount as finishing the project for the ps3.

Apparently it's easier to make a Wii game from scratch with decent graphics than it is to port something to the PS3 :heh: