NEurope
Nintenchris

Freshly-Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland

Completed this today, great game I have to say. Does anyone have a link to the video for the good ending, or could record it? I really don't fancy putting in a ridiculous amount of effort into getting all the rupee goods to see it.

Just ordered this, very intrigued by its quirkyness.

Edited by Fused King

Just ordered this, very inrigued by its quirkyness.
You are in for a treat my friend. :wink:

It's the best quirky game on the DS by a long way. :laughing:

You are in for a treat my friend. :wink:

It's the best quirky game on the DS by a long way. :laughing:

I can tell, just started it and......Uncle Rupee.....:laughing:

Whooo you will enjoy this game! I loved it haha. Still hoping we'll see a second one at some point here in Europe. =)

Duke the Bridge Builder is definitely inspired by Hard Gay Man from Japan.

The way he 'dances' when he starts to build a bridge is thw way of a Hard Gay Man :laughing:

Edited by Fused King

Damn, this game is a LOT bigger than I initially thought.

I was hoping for a short quirky Japanese game to keep me away from Pokémon Gold for a while:laughing:

I do, however, think that, for a character being based on Koji Kondo, the game sure doesn't have a lot of overworld tunes.

A new area usually starts out with lovely tunes, but only for 10 seconds or so.

After that all we get are birds and crickets, but no tunes:(

I'm guessing Koji Kondo isn't at all pleased with the entire Zelda-crew mocking him in the form of Tingle (Single at age 35......dressed up as a fairy:laughing:)

No wonder he didn't compose memorable music for this game:wink:

I get why Redshell likes this game so much.

Do we have any news regarding the sequel comin' to Europe?

Edited by Fused King

When i started this thread i thought it would die fast! how wrong was i!?! i never even picked this game up!

I need to get this game finished but it becomes quite a grind to make enough money the further you get into the game!

FINISHED!

Not 100% - for that would take me another 10 hours :laughing: - but, .... my word!

This freak of a game has occupied my DSi for at least 4 months or so...

T H I S - G A M E - I S - I N S A N E - !

All those recipes, all those Rupee Goods, and all those damn greedy townfolks!

I don't know what to say about the story, the moral/message is there, but I think the gameplay got to me in an annoying way. 'T was quite repetitive, what with the ingredients and mapping AND bodyguards, yet each little story of each piece o' land was even stranger than the last one.

Bosses were fun, yet some were rehashed from previous ones, that also goes for the bodyguards, which saddened me:cry:

The ending was superb though, complete with a notable plot twist (and Fused King does love his plot twists) and a staggering final boss with an epic piece of music.

Only the following remains:

THE END ?

I WANT THAT SEQUEL!

Hmm, I finally started playing this not too long ago, because I've been neglecting my Nintendo games (I haven't touched my Wii for over a year I think, since I've moved it downstairs to the living room. I should move it back again to my room).

Anyway, this game was on my backlog, so finally started it for real.. And I liked it. Initially. But then the "capitalist" aspect of it began to tire me, and I have a feeling it will only get worse instead of improving. Earning money is hard, losing money is easy. Keep in mind I'm not constantly saving and restarting games because of "lost" money, I intended to play it normally. But then are all those fuckers who keep asking higher prices, and if you don't offer enough money, you lose it, and you're screwed. On the other hand, I feel I always get ripped off if the few cases they offer me rewards.

So, like I said, losing money is very easy, but the amount you need to get through the game increases at an alarming rate. Which is the reason I started to dislike the game.. I have now the fear I can "break my game" by losing too much money at a point where I can't earn it back in a relatively easy fashion. Or rather than easy, because hunting ancient coins on the beach is easy, simply a "fun" or at the very least a non-repetitive fashion. Again, keeping in mind that I play the game normally, and don't intend to make much use of returning to earlier saves.

I'd like to hear from people if my fear is grounded or if it's nothing to worry about, with as few spoilers as possible. Then I may go pick it up again. I think I was about to visit the first new continent.

I do like most everything else about the game, the very disturbing atmosphere especially, so it would be a waste if I didn't continue with it, but at this point, I'm in favour of starting my replays of both Golden Sun titles.

This is a great game, but too mean. I think I gave up when I only lost money and kept losing out big fortunes all the time.

I WANT THAT SEQUEL!

Yep, hopefully this is one of the unreleased titles Nintendo are planning on releasing.

It's a really good, overlooked game. So quirky and weird. One or two great song remixes which I really need to find the mp3 for.

I hate everyone who didn't buy the game so we didn't get the sequel.