NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Smiter

Game Critics E3 Awards

I was surprised there was no thread about it here, thought you would like to know that IGN posted the full list of winners chosen by 37 American media outlets. :)

BEST OF SHOW

Wii

(Nintendo)

BEST ORIGINAL GAME

Spore

(Maxis/Electronic Arts for PC)

BEST PC GAME

Spore

(Maxis/Electronic Arts for PC)

BEST CONSOLE GAME

Gears of War

(Epic Games / Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360)

BEST HANDHELD GAME

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

(Nintendo for Nintendo DS)

BEST HARDWARE

Wii

(Nintendo)

BEST ACTION GAME

Gears of War

(Epic Games / Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360)

BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME

Assassin's Creed

(Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft for PlayStation 3)

BEST FIGHTING GAME

Heavenly Sword

(Ninja Theory / Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 3)

BEST ROLE PLAYING GAME

Mass Effect

(Bioware / Microsoft Game Studios for Xbox 360)

BEST RACING GAME

Excite Truck

(Nintendo for Wii)

BEST SIMULATION GAME

Spore

(Maxis / Electronic Arts for PC)

BEST SPORTS GAME

Wii Sports

(Nintendo for Wii)

BEST STRATEGY GAME

Supreme Commander

(Gas Powered Games / THQ for PC)

BEST PUZZLE/TRIVIA/PARLOR GAME

Guitar Hero II

(Harmonix / Red Octane for PlayStation 2)

BEST ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

(Splash Damage/id/Activision for PC)

So Wii got Best of Show and Best Hardware. :D:yay: I'm surprised ExciteTruck and Wii Sports won those awards, I really liked Wii Sports but I expected the media to plump for one of the "big titles". No surprise with Zelda getting Best Handheld game.

thanks for putting these awards up :) glad to see the results are not biased in any way, with a whole range of games, i would of thought SSBB got best fighting game, but all we saw is a trailor for it :P

They're all deserved I'd say. A bit surprised about Excite Truck, but I guess it didn't have much competition :smile:

One thing about the categories, why no "Platformer" category, isn't this still a valid game type???

surprised bioshock didnt win anything that game looks STUNNING

good for ninty thou

I am really surprised that Zelda: TP did not win anything - I guess after the really long wait the hype is a bit lower. It is still one of my most anticipated games this year. BioShock looks really promising.

I can't follow why WiiSports won an award - the game is surely fun and simple but I thought it is more a game for casual gamers. Well lets hope those awards pay off in the end for Nintendo.

Excitetruck is one of my favourite games - landscape looks really huge but it is a game which has to be played with other humans to make really fun.

well there you go sony even with the stolen controller you still had a crap showing (hardware). lol

I didn't expect Excitetruck and Wii Sports to win anything. However, I'm a bit disappointed that Zelda TP didn't get any award.

But we have Wii as best of show and hardware...

Twilight Princess probably didn't get any awards because it's the third E3 it's at. Didn't TP already win a few in 2004 and 2005?

Good for excitetruck and wiisports. There was probably no platformer category because everyone knows who would win that!

They're all deserved I'd say. A bit surprised about Excite Truck, but I guess it didn't have much competition :smile:

Actually, Excite Truck had this competition:

Formula One 06 (for PS3)

Gran Turismo HD (for PS3)

MotoGP 06 (for Xbox 360)

Test Drive Unlimited (Eden Studios/Atari for Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP)

That is some freakin' competition! That game must be some kind of racer!

: peace:

Lose for not having TP. Don't care if Zelda demos don't make justice to the game and dont care if its the third time its there. Umpf :P

Actually, Excite Truck had this competition:

Formula One 06 (for PS3)

Gran Turismo HD (for PS3)

MotoGP 06 (for Xbox 360)

Test Drive Unlimited (Eden Studios/Atari for Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP)

That is some freakin' competition! That game must be some kind of racer!

: peace:

No actually, it appears like crap.

F1 06 looked fairly shoddy, GT HD was GT4 in 1080p, MotoGP 06 is... well kinda basic and don't get me started on how bad Test Drive is.

With no Burnout, Ridge Racer, PGR etc there wasn't anything but Excitetruck.

i totally regret wasting electricity and downloading the test drive demo on the 360 marketplace. also gran turismo and formual one are basically the same thing as last year and the yeat before, but with more cars and bettter graphics.

exite-truck deserved the award, we've experienced the others before. exite-truckis new, so im glad it won.

F1 06 looked fairly shoddy, GT HD was GT4 in 1080p, MotoGP 06 is... well kinda basic and don't get me started on how bad Test Drive is.

Well, my friend that's based on personal opinion. Some people are never satisfied. They will always say "but that was no competition at all, there was no -place overblown franchise name here- to give it true competition".

I agree that F1 06 doesn't look like the best racer ever, but hey Ridge Racer 6 for the Xbox 360 got mediocre reviews for the most part (EGM scored it 6.5 out of 10, IGN gave it a 7.0 and Gamepro gave it a 60% score, only gamespy gave it an almost perfect score). So I don't think Ridge Racer would've made any differance.

In fact, most Sony fans always gush about their Gran Turismo franchise, and not even that one could go against the goodness that is Excite Truck . That according to the 30+ critics who made it a winner.

Meh! Excite Truck won regardless!

woo-hoo! :bouncy:

Well, my friend that's based on personal opinion. Some people are never satisfied. They will always say "but that was no competition at all, there was no -place overblown franchise name here- to give it true competition".

I agree that F1 06 doesn't look like the best racer ever, but hey Ridge Racer 6 for the Xbox 360 got mediocre reviews for the most part (EGM scored it 6.5 out of 10, IGN gave it a 7.0 and Gamepro gave it a 60% score, only gamespy gave it an almost perfect score). So I don't think Ridge Racer would've made any differance.

In fact, most Sony fans always gush about their Gran Turismo franchise, and not even that one could go against the goodness that is Excite Truck . That according to the 30+ critics who made it a winner.

Meh! Excite Truck won regardless!

woo-hoo! :bouncy:

If Fzero was there.

I would have wet myself.(repeatedly)

Well apparently Excite Truck is a lot better than it looks. The handling and landing n stuff looks cool to me :D

Excitetruck looks cool and very fun, everyone who played it liked it. I'm still hoping for bikes and an online mode.

If Fzero was there.

I would have wet myself.(repeatedly)

same here dude cant wait for ANYTHING on f-zero wii...hopefully E3 2007 :bouncy:

I reckon Excite Bike will probably be released later on in the Wiis life.

Nice Crash?!?

And the guy got points for it aswell!!!

I'm kind of worried about F-Zero Wii to be honest, it seems suited to Sticks, so I hope they use the Nunchuck, even thoguh they wont.

Sign in to follow this