NEurope
Zell

Final Fantasy XII

I must agree that I haven't been as motivated to play it as I have with previous Final Fantasy games.

That's wierd, I love this game, it's really fun and em-powering to play, with all the control and customisation I have over my characters it's given me a God complex.

Seriously the story ain't that bad, I've noticed that sometimes a lot of the characters emotions are sometimes conveyed through actions, or without text at all, a big difference from before and this would have been impossible on pre-PS2 Final Fantasies.

I disagree, I find the music to be rather forgettable. It isn't bad, I just don't think it's very memorable — I shan't bother looking for the soundtrack.

I'm just about to venture into the Feywood now, and there still isn't enough character interaction for my liking. On the other hand, it is a superb game with a wealth of content deeper than any title of recent memory. I'd just rather it was more Final Fantasy than Vagrant Story.

Agreed, the music is completely forgettable if you compare it to games like FFX or the PS1 FFs. The greatest downside to FFXII is the poor story and character depth. Chunks of the story are simply narrated with a text background, and half of the characters have no real reason to be there.

Add on top of this that they rarely interact and dungeons are simply something to work through to get a little cutscene at the end, FFXII went a huge step backwards in story. It is appealing too far to powergamers who like insanic side quests, rather than having a decent story for the experienced FF gamers.

I actually love the story. It's less like a mexican soap opera and more political and stuff. I like it a lot. And the gameplay is awesome. Characters don't have a lot of depth though. But I like it when things aren't spoon fed to you.

i'd say final fantasy is my favourite video game series.

and i havent turned my ps2 on to play this in over a week now.

i'd say final fantasy is my favourite video game series.

and i havent turned my ps2 on to play this in over a week now.

Same for me, although it nows been a week and a half :o

I still think its a great game.

Guys a little help, please. I don't understans the rains in the Giza Plains. Are they random or after certain story events?

Been playing this all week. Got from the start of the Levaithian, defeated the two judges. Then I went back through and didnt really realise there was a boss but I had an inkling. What a fucktard

Judge Ghis

is. He caught me totally offgaurd and whiped everybody out. I went back and did it a few times later. Hes a great looking character but he was a fucktard.Then I went and did the Sandseas. That was long and hard. But I got right up to the Tomb pretty much without hassle. By this time I was running low on money.

I defeated the Geruda and the Wall. the latter after many attempts as I did not see the levers to stop it moving

I found out more when I got a guide. I am inside the tomb now.

I really thought that this game was going to have no

Aeons

or the like. I cheated and had a peak in the guide

Is it safe to sell all my normal loot. Ive stolen a Giant feather and other things from bosses that I am worried are important. Ive read that you can aquire things form missions that you need for others.

Fuck Me. Ive just stolen a Blood Sword from a seeker!

Stuck at the boss just before you get the dawn shard.

Character design is second to none

Hellfire did you get that figure? piccies:grin:

Fair enough.:woops:

lol I agree with you. This game bores the pants off me, and I wear pretty tight pants.

lol I agree with you. This game bores the pants off me, and I wear pretty tight pants.

Did we need to know that?:laughing:

More to the point, I hate FF12 for far more reasons than just poor plot and dreadful battle system.

Its better not to get me started on it.

The battle system is better. After this one's fast pace fighting I can't get back into the slow and now rather dull random battles of old.

Agreed though the storyline isn't that interesting and the characters (although far better than the ones in X) can be a bit boring. But as a game it plays perfectly, the presentation and graphics are second to none and there's a hell of a lot to do and places to go. (IX is still by far my favourite though)

Has anybody completed it yet? I've just past Phon Coast and heading to Archadia. My average level is about 35.

''Is it safe to sell all my normal loot. Ive stolen a Giant feather and other things from bosses that I am worried are important. Ive read that you can aquire things form missions that you need for others.''

Yeah go ahead and sell your loot, it's really the only way to get a decent amount of Gil. Try and find an area with lots of the same monster to get your battle chain nice and high so you can get loads of nice loot. (I read in the guide you can level up the battle chain faster by not getting the loot until the gold medallions start appearing).

I'm still loving this game, stuck it on after a couple months break, got straight back into the story and back into gambits et al. Really fun ^_^

I'm still loving this game, stuck it on after a couple months break, got straight back into the story and back into gambits et al. Really fun ^_^

I've finished it quite a while, may pick it up when I feel like it to get the 2 final summons and to kill Omega XIII.

Got those pictures of the figures hellfire?

Check the E-Peen thread on General. And support it!