NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
raven_blade2006

Wii for £120!!!?

@ Bard: What are you talking about? There's still an essential part about having a company that's called profit you know. It's anywhere between 120 and 150 pounds.

€220 is about £150. I reckon (going on the above calculations) that is the absolute max price for it.

They announced it will sell for under 25000 yen. That equates to €220 and £150 after marking up for tax etc.

€220/£150 at absolute max

If this is true , all i can say is god bless you Nintendo for catering to poor working class slobs like myself :)

£129.99, same price as GCN when it first came out and an October launch is almost certain IMO. Nintendo said that they were aiming for a worldwide simultaneous launch and they need to beat the PS3 to the starting gate.

LOL that's almost 1/4 of the price of the PS3!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No, theres no way in hell it's going to launch for over £120, it'll be under if anything, these predictions of £200 are pretty stupid and uninformed aswell...Nintendo would never be that stupid.

it will launch for more than £120. I would say it will have one of these pricetag's in the UK

• £139.99
  • £149.99
  • £159.99

So, given that I'll be buying three launch games (Zelda, Metroid Prime, Wii Sports) and an extra controller, that will be:

£120 - £150

£30 - £40 x 3

£20 - £30

£230 - £300

I can live with that. :smile:

Nintendo Announces Wii Information, Worldwide Shipments

Nintendo have now issued an official press release stating that the price of the Wii in the USA will not exceed $250, again they expect to sell 6 million units by March and 17 million games within the same period. Press release inside.

I'll most likely just buy multiplayer games at launch.

should afford it easily though :)

Good price estimates, i would have guessed it would sell around £120-£140 in Britain. A very good price for any console at launch

DS lite is selling for $130...... in the UK it's £99. so working with just the numbers here, to get the UK price you take the US amount and knock off roughly 25% then just swap the symbol.

If Wii launches for $250 in the US then that would make it £190.

$230 comes to £175

$200 comes to £150

obviously they are a not exact, i rounded them to the nearest likley price points.

Come on NOE, announce the price already!!! (or at least do what NOJ and NOA are doing!)

If Wii launches for $250 in the US then that would make it £190.

$230 comes to £175

$200 comes to £150

obviously they are a not exact, i rounded them to the nearest likley price points.

$250 is about £133 so your estimates are wrong,you don't take of 25% to get the UK price...

may i remind people that is is with current excange rates, they are subject to unexpected changes.

How about we actually wait for the price estimate given by Nintendo, rather then just speculate: "I reckon its gonna be this much with this much tax blah blah".

$250 is about £133 so your estimates are wrong,you don't take of 25% to get the UK price...

I'm not working it out by exchange rates, i never said i was. I'm working it out by using the DS lite as an example as you can't use exchange rates to convert price as we get heavily raped with tax and shit in the UK. Read my whole post and think about it

I think you'll find that he's talking about the equivalent 'Rip-off' Britain price hike for a DS lite. i.e. it's $130 in the US, but £99 here. (That should be £78 at today's exchange rates!!)

Therefore $250 in the US will never be £133 here 'cause all our electrical good are way more expensive!!

I think you'll find that he's talking about the equivalent 'Rip-off' Britain price hike for a DS lite. i.e. it's $130 in the US, but £99 here. (That should be £78 at today's exchange rates!!)

Therefore $250 in the US will never be £133 here 'cause all our electrical good are way more expensive!!

Thankyou Phube, at least someone knew what i was trying to show :heh:

Remember guys (and gals) this is the maximum price of the console, it could get even lower!

And if it gets lower in the US or in Japan, expect it to be lower here too!

My estimate of £129.99 and Friday October 6th (Tuesday, October 2nd in US and Japan) still stands as possible! :yay:

http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/710/710088p1.html

Wii For Less Than $250

Nintendo plans to keep price down for new console.

May 25, 2006 - Nintendo plans on releasing its new Wii console to Japan for under 25,000 yen, the company announced today. Specifically, the company made clear that it's not considering a price above the 25,000 yen mark for the new system.

This upper cap indicates just how much Nintendo's pricing strategy differs from that of Sony and Microsoft. In Japan, the Xbox 360 retails for 39,795 yen in its single configuration (the core pack is not offered), with the PS3 set to cost 62,790 yen in its low cost configuration (the high end version is set at open pricing).

When converted to dollars at current exchange rates, 25,000 yen translates to US $223.17. Nintendo did not specify a dollar amount for the upper limit, so we're going to do a little bit of fuzzy math and assume that the Wii will be released in America at under $250.

Nintendo also announced shipment targets for the Wii. The company hopes to ship 6 million Wii units by March 31, 2007, the end of the current fiscal year. Software shipments are expected to reach 17 million units.

While Nintendo has yet to announce final pricing and release details for the Wii, the console is widely expected to debut in America in either October or November at a price somewhere between $199 and $250.

Nintendo really need to focus on the UK and Europe this generation. Even with lower prices and better functions, the Wii has nothing on the PS3 with my friends. They say "I'll get my mum and dad to get it" or "no the Wii isn't better than the PS3, it's ****!" or "but I'm saving up". Even when I said to my friend about copying motion controls he said "Nintendo do copy, Sony announced that ages ago. Sony have been developing that for longer!" They actually said the Virtual Console was copied from XBox Live Arcade. :o

Nintendo really need to focus on the UK and Europe this generation. Even with lower prices and better functions, the Wii has nothing on the PS3 with my friends. They say "I'll get my mum and dad to get it" or "no the Wii isn't better than the PS3, it's ****!" or "but I'm saving up". Even when I said to my friend about copying motion controls he said "Nintendo do copy, Sony announced that ages ago. Sony have been developing that for longer!" They actually said the Virtual Console was copied from XBox Live Arcade. :o

Some of your friends sound like idiots. :shock: I can relate to that in some cases.

Anyway Nintendo will probably settle somewhere around £140-160 for Wii. Its still a great price and a great deal for such new, innovative gaming.

it will launch for more than £120. I would say it will have one of these pricetag's in the UK
  • £139.99
  • £149.99
  • £159.99

Meh, theres a good chance I wont be able to afford more than one game then...

at €220 im gonna buy 2! one for college and one for home!

Black one and white one maybe.....hmmmm!

Sign in to follow this