Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they ever remake these, it would make little sense to add the third one. The games were developed as two, the third game was an idea that was dropped fairly early.

I mean, OoS was initially intended as a remake of the first Legend of Zelda, but it ended as something else entirely.

(True story. There are obvious leftovers)

Actually, it was.

So yeah, if the third game would have been themed around Courage, then Ages is Wisdom (puzzles) and Seasons is Power (action) :) Wow, a pretty awesome way to include the triforce...

Brilliant games indeed. OoA is definitely a contender for the best 2D-Zelda game in my books, though yet to play OoS...

OoA+OoS is my favourite 2D Zelda game. Individually, they are surpassed by Link's Awakening and are slightly above Minish Cap, IMO.

I have both games which I really enjoyed at the time but it's been around eight or nine years since I've played them. I reached a point in both games where I became stuck and could not figure out what to do next despite spending countless hours trying to progress in the games. This was in back in the days before I had my first PC so I had no guides or anything to help me along, and they were eventually put in a drawer. I always meant to go back to them but became caught up with new things, new games, etc,.

They're definitely enjoyable, hope you have fun with them!

I may restart these again...

For those who have played them, which of the animals did you end up with?

I had Ricky one of my first times(due to playing Seasons I think he's fairly default), then particular sought out Moosh. Might have gotten Dimitri another time. Tbh they're all pretty ok, and whilst I thought Ricky was crap cos eh didn't swim/fly(letting you go a few places a tiny bit earlier than you'd get items to go there) I think I finally decided he was the more...constant usefulness? Dunno how to put it.

Think OoS is my favourite of these two, might be cos I played it through first tho.

Isn't Moosh the Ages 'default'? Like, if you don't stumble upon a horn sooner, they sort of become your friend just as the game goes on.

No, depending on your actions (can't recall which are important), you get a different animal, not necessarily Moosh.

Yeah, if you find their horn sooner then you don't get the 'default' but like if you just play through you will definitely get one. I remeber in Seasons I think Ricky was like that, unless you'd acquired the horn for one of the other two. I remember one was at the subrosia dancing game(loved subrosia/the subrosians, especially in the crossover contexts).

Yeah, if you find their horn sooner then you don't get the 'default' but like if you just play through you will definitely get one. I remeber in Seasons I think Ricky was like that, unless you'd acquired the horn for one of the other two. I remember one was at the subrosia dancing game(loved subrosia/the subrosians, especially in the crossover contexts).

I think you're right - Ricky for Seasons and Moosh for Ages. I got them on my first runs though. Next time I went for the others and got Moosh on Seasons and Dimitri on Ages.

I thought Ricky was a bit lame at first but he's a lot more useful than I initially gave him credit for.

Out of all the animals, I thought Ricky had the most use. He travelled reasonably fast and had fairly useful attack, which is more than I could say about the other two. Dimitri was quite good in Ages because of the sheer amount of sea who had to cross.

I love to see this concept repeated in the future. Maybe they could be ambitious enough to try and make three linked games.

I think you're right - Ricky for Seasons and Moosh for Ages. I got them on my first runs though. Next time I went for the others and got Moosh on Seasons and Dimitri on Ages.

I thought Ricky was a bit lame at first but he's a lot more useful than I initially gave him credit for.

If you played a linked game your friend obviously carried over though, so that might have affected things for people.

Oh right, the horn...hmm, I got that on both times, so no idea what happens if you don't! Now it was for Ricky, last time Dimitri I think...

Well you always get a horn! Just which one/how you get it determines who ends up being your friend(as you encounter all three in both games as part of the story), if you don't find an alternative horn first, you get the game's 'default' horn/friend.

Out of all the animals, I thought Ricky had the most use. He travelled reasonably fast and had fairly useful attack, which is more than I could say about the other two. Dimitri was quite good in Ages because of the sheer amount of sea who had to cross.

I love to see this concept repeated in the future. Maybe they could be ambitious enough to try and make three linked games.

Totally, maybe even work some stuff in with the 3DS and streetpass or something...iono. Such a brilliant concept, and it gave a whole extra world of replayability for all the little things.