NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
FalcoLombardi

Pikmin Wii?

How come noone has talked about the possibility of this game yet? I was pretty surprised by that.

Now, don't you think Pikmin was made for the Wii with its Wiimote. Being able to throw your Pikmin by the flick of your wrist would be entertaining.

(I don't like creating threads that much, so sorry for the lackluster first post.)

How come noone has talked about the possibility of this game yet? I was pretty surprised by that.

Now, don't you think Pikmin was made for the Wii with its Wiimote. Being able to throw your Pikmin by the flick of your wrist would be entertaining.

(I don't like creating threads that much, so sorry for the lackluster first post.)

Absolutely! Pikmin is made for the Wii. Or the Wii is made for Pikmin.

I love this game and would love a wii version. With the extra power, who knows what's possible with our tiny union shaped friends.

Well not much to talk about, just that it would be perfect for the Wii. Can't wait to see what lush environments they'll create.

look guys there is elebits from konami which looks very similar and they wont want to destroy elebits possible sales by announcing/showing pikmin because then everyone will wait for pikmin to come out.:cool:

Im kinda tired of these new old games, taht doesnt help improve peoples opinion on the Wii.

Nothing wrong with playing francise games in a better way. As long as there is some innovative gameplay. That along with totally new games will help to improve peoples opinion on the Wii (just like on the DS).

Surely it is only a matter of time, the first two were simply superb. The multiplayer on Pikimin 2 was also surprisingly fun. I'd love to see an online 4+ player version of that.

Yeah definitely needs to happen. Here's how I reckon the control scheme should play out:

The WiiMote can be used to select Pikmin by encircling them while holding A, simple. Just draw a circle around them.

The nunchuck analog is used to move Olimar. Z1 centers the camera behind, and holding it allows complete control of the camera by rotating the WiiMote (or something along those lines).

Flicking the WiiMote will obviously throw the pikmin. Angle, power and direction are obviously dependent on how you move it.

By tipping the nunchuck forward the pikmin will bunch together behind you, and tipping it back will straighten them out in a line behind you. Tilting to the left and right will shift the Pikmin left and right respectively.

B will call all Pikmin. The D-pad selects the different types of Pikmin.

I also had an idea for an online mode. Apart from a basic mode where you combat each other Pikmin, I also had another idea. You play as the Pikmin, or as the monsters. It's kind of like a simplified version of battlefront. Its the pikmin versus the creatures. The creatures are a lot stronger, but fewer in number. If the pikmin work together, they can best the creatures. You pick your Pikmin type:

Red - resistant to fire, stronger than most

Blue - can swim

Yellow - can carry bombs, resistant to electricity, can jump higher, not as strong

White - weak, but fast and poison

Purple - powerhouse, slow but weighty and strong, can't jump

Your selection varies on how it plays obviously depending on which you pick. Move with the analog, jump with A, cling and climb onto enemies with B, and then hit by swinging the mote. By pressing Z1 you send out a call, so that other Pikmin can find you, and hopefully they'll reply in a marco-polo type fashion. However the creatures can see and here these calls too, so use with discretion.

The creatures are picked from across the two games, as are the environment. The control scheme will vary between creatures. You can regain health by eating pikmin.

To sum up, if pikmin, team up with other pikmin and destroy creatures. If creatures, eat pikmin.

Those are my ideas anyway.

Yeah definitely needs to happen. Here's how I reckon the control scheme should play out:

The WiiMote can be used to select Pikmin by encircling them while holding A, simple. Just draw a circle around them.

The nunchuck analog is used to move Olimar. Z1 centers the camera behind, and holding it allows complete control of the camera by rotating the WiiMote (or something along those lines).

Flicking the WiiMote will obviously throw the pikmin. Angle, power and direction are obviously dependent on how you move it.

By tipping the nunchuck forward the pikmin will bunch together behind you, and tipping it back will straighten them out in a line behind you. Tilting to the left and right will shift the Pikmin left and right respectively.

B will call all Pikmin. The D-pad selects the different types of Pikmin.

I also had an idea for an online mode. Apart from a basic mode where you combat each other Pikmin, I also had another idea. You play as the Pikmin, or as the monsters. It's kind of like a simplified version of battlefront. Its the pikmin versus the creatures. The creatures are a lot stronger, but fewer in number. If the pikmin work together, they can best the creatures. You pick your Pikmin type:

Red - resistant to fire, stronger than most

Blue - can swim

Yellow - can carry bombs, resistant to electricity, can jump higher, not as strong

White - weak, but fast and poison

Purple - powerhouse, slow but weighty and strong, can't jump

Your selection varies on how it plays obviously depending on which you pick. Move with the analog, jump with A, cling and climb onto enemies with B, and then hit by swinging the mote. By pressing Z1 you send out a call, so that other Pikmin can find you, and hopefully they'll reply in a marco-polo type fashion. However the creatures can see and here these calls too, so use with discretion.

The creatures are picked from across the two games, as are the environment. The control scheme will vary between creatures. You can regain health by eating pikmin.

To sum up, if pikmin, team up with other pikmin and destroy creatures. If creatures, eat pikmin.

Those are my ideas anyway.

excellent ideas. I don't know about playing a Pikmin or an enemy, but the rest is pretty plausible i think. Group vs group would be awsome! And as an extra, i'd like to be able control Olimars spaceship!!

Some good ideas.

I can't wait for this game. Pikmin is one of my favourite games, I'm halfway through the first one right now and I'm going to buy the second one again as soon as the DS Lite comes out.

Some good ideas.

I can't wait for this game. Pikmin is one of my favourite games, I'm halfway through the first one right now and I'm going to buy the second one again as soon as the DS Lite comes out.

Why is that? Do you have a Gamecube to Ds converter i haven't heard of?

If i remember rightly, Miyamoto said that the Wii-mote will work especially with with Pikmin (back then, it was the previously unknown Revolution controller, Pre-Tgs).

I do believe that we will see this game, but it won't be for a long time yet. We don't want all our great games to get released at once, or we'll suffer a drought later in Wii's life.

I think it is saturated.

The GameCube did the job well.. I don't think it is needed.

The launch games Shigsy is working on are nearing completion, if he doesn't wrap himself in too many DS games we could see this by Easter or Autumn at the latest.

Why is that? Do you have a Gamecube to Ds converter i haven't heard of?

No, lol, I'm poor and want a DS first.

This is definetely coming to the Wii, and probably is a long way finished considering the release date of Pikmin 2, but I bet it is part of the constant flow of quality games strategy by Nintendo. This year we get Zelda, Metroid, Mario and SSB, next year we might get titles like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Battallion Wars, Star Fox, Golden Sun and Nintendogs.

It would be great and I cant wait for the game, though remember they have to stagger games throughout the lifecycle, we'll see this next E3 I would expect, possibly a 3rd gen game though.

And I'm glad you're not a game developer dork if you don't have the imagonation to see how Pikmin could be an even better game on the Wii - the controller? Online Play? Mass pikmin wars? Controlling everything in the pikmin world for a C&C style of play? And I'm not even trying here!

you could have 4 player coop each player controlling a regiment of pikmin, or a colour of pikmin

Give me pikmin deathmatch!!!!! Or Pwn of the onion or somthing. That game NEEDS multiplayer!

I loved the first one and have to play pikmin2, but I'm not expecting the sequel too soon.It will appear but not right now (too many first party titles already anounced)

this is a deffinate release for the wii. i will wait to see what they have planned. it will be an AAA title.

They have.

They have.

Thank you for your great input.

And to clear my post up, I meant "I knew that Ninty has talked about Pikmin. But I'm still surprised that no one here on Revo Europe has talked about it."

Funny how so little can be said yet so much is meant.

Sign in to follow this