NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Phantasy Star Universe.

This game can't arrive soon enough! I think this will be the only game that will be able to tear me away from my Wii when it arrives.

The tune is fine, the lyrics are fine (face it, there are lots of other songs that have by far worse lyrics) overall it's good because it suits the game, ::shrug: mind you, it's still not a patch on "can still see the light" or "world with me" / "Whole new world" (songs from the original PSO) :wink: I still await this game with anticipation though, I am a long time player of the original PSO (DC versions 1 and 2 and GC ep1&2 + 3) and have only recently stopped playing the GC versions. :blank:

Needless to say I wan't this game, damn you Sonic Team! give us a proper release date! Now! (please) :D

IGN have a hands on preview up with some new videos and screens: http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/730/730181p1.html

I've said this already but I really cannot wait for this game, It came out in Japan a couple of days ago and as a result a ton of info about the game has come though; there's loads of screens and videos at PSO-world and more video's being put up at Youtube.

By the way just incase anyone wants to know, the level cap is level 50, but that will be raised as the months go on aparently. I think this might be one of the reasons they seperated the Japan and EU/US servers, by the time we get it most JP players should be higher then level 50.

By the way just incase anyone wants to know, the level cap is level 50, but that will be raised as the months go on aparently. I think this might be one of the reasons they seperated the Japan and EU/US servers, by the time we get it most JP players should be higher then level 50.

If that is the case that is a very smart move by Sega.

From Gamespot, sounds like what happened woth Chromehounds.

Phantasy Star Universe temporarily collapsed

Technical problems force Sega to shut down servers just days after release; game to relaunch in October.

Creating a universe is a big job, and Sega is taking a mulligan on its Phantasy Star Universe to get the job right. In a letter addressed to Phantasy Star Online users this week, Sega apologized for a series of technical glitches that stymied many users' efforts to play the game online.

The game, which went on sale for the PlayStation 2 and PC in Japan on August 31, suffered problems in its online mode from the outset. When trying to connect online, players were met with various technical issues, incluing blank screens and corrupted character data. As a result, Sega was forced to shut down its servers on the evening of September 3 and is working to fix the problem. Service for testing and troubleshooting purposes is scheduled to resume tomorrow.

The game will formally relaunch in October, and the free 30-day trial included with the game will be calculated from this time. The bad news for early adopters who struggled through the game's issues to play is that "it is possible that during the testing period, player data will be rolled back or deleted."

I don't think they have said anything about the 360 being region free yet. I think it is also comming out later then the PS2 and pc versions. I'm hoping we hear something on it this week.

BTW the offcial site I linked to in my last post has now changed, the release date at the top of the page changes depending on which country you're in. For the UK it now says November 24th!

Not sure I'm willing to wait a month for the EU release so I'm going to import the american version for PC as long as there's no problems in doing that. Still thats a lot better then the 6 months gap between the US and UK release of PSO for the gamecube.

Just read a preview of the 360 version from 1UP, it doesnt sound too promising. Is the 24th when all version are out or just the PS2 and PC?

The american Version will run on my pc right?

It should do, Sega are useing the same paysite for both American and EU players so it should be fine.

Here's a picture of some of the extra clothes you can buy. Gotta love the rappy suit:

maleclothesgc1.jpg

I'm 100% sure I'll buy the game. The demo exceeded my expectations. I wonder how many of the N-Europe forum members will buy it?

Bump.

This games awsome.

whos buying it, so we can play together, it's a easy 1000 points to if people buy it just for that.

I'm extremely tempted to buy this game but is there an additional fee to play online? Or is it included in Xbox Live?

Additional fee of £5 a month i think, making it more than XBOX Live for a whole damn year.

Additional fee of £5 a month i think, making it more than XBOX Live for a whole damn year.

Yea but you know as well as me its gonna bring, hours/days/years of fun :heh:

IF they released this at a better time then I would have picked it up. Fact is im loving Gears of War, Rainbow Six and Viva are out soon and then there is the Wii.

IF they released this at a better time then I would have picked it up. Fact is im loving Gears of War, Rainbow Six and Viva are out soon and then there is the Wii.

Buy it!

Seriously, think of the times on PSO, getting a rare weapon, racing for a red item before anyone else, mad people who you see in the lobby.

This game needs to be bought.

I played the 360 'beta' (or as i like to call it, demo) Even though it's just tapping X, it was still good fun, and many great guys were on there, too. I won't be buying it though, as the £40-50 game price and monthly fee are way too much, and a game that shallow does not require a fee. It just seems a bit of a rip off to me, and i'd rather play WoW if i'm going to be charged.

Sign in to follow this