NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Angels & Airwaves - We Don't Need to Whisper

Well, I got the album this moring through the post (bless play.com! :grin:) After seeing these guys live at Give it a Name, I was instantly hooked to thier music. The album hasn't let me down either!

It's not as amazing as Tom DeLonge was making it out to be, but it's still damn' brilliant! One or two intros are quite long, which is kinda unnecessary but doesn't spoil it. 'The War', and 'Start the Machine' are two of my faves atm, although the entire album is fantastic! I deffo recommend this!

I haven't really followed all this, but is the band anything like Blink-182?

I haven't really followed all this, but is the band anything like Blink-182?

It's sort of sounds like Blink, but with a softer tone. There's some cool ochestral stuff going on too. Oh, and bits are kinda U2ish.

I love the sound of this band. My brothers buying it on monday!

Actually it reminds me of my other fav band, MAE. There first album called 'Destination beautiful' and a re-released called 'Destination B-SIDES' have these lovely musical bits in it, before they sing.

Very haunting.

i had seen all the hype, with Tom DeLonge talking it up all over the place so was very curious. I aquired a copy, and wassuprised by just how blink 182 it is, particularly the last album. Bit of a let down really.

Going to see them in June (unless sky high ebay prices tempt me to sell). IAmongst all the hype i saw the apparently live they sound crystal clear, almost studio good, is that true?

Going to see them in June (unless sky high ebay prices tempt me to sell). IAmongst all the hype i saw the apparently live they sound crystal clear, almost studio good, is that true?

They sounded amazing live, the quality and performance was immense! I'm seeing them live next month too, in Brum. Where are you seeing them?

I've had the album for about 3 weeks now, going to buy it monday though. I love it, it's one of my favourite albums.

I'm going to see them live in Birmingham on June 16th. Can't wait!

I think I am seeing them live as well I heard they are supporting the Foos at Hyde Park so I hope they are good.

They are supporting Foo Fighters. I'm seeing them 2 days after their brum concert in Manchester aswell. Gonna be a fucking quality weekend that is!

I thikn they are good live, although don't watch bootlegs on youtube because they sound awful. I don't think thats how it sounds live when you're actually there though. Have to wait and see.

i will also be in birmingham for the gig. it will have a lot to live up to, as between now and the gig I am going to 4 fantastic gigs and 2 festivals.

really didn't like their single so probably not going to pick this up unless everyone really recommends it.

really didn't like their single so probably not going to pick this up unless everyone really recommends it.

Buy it. Or else. I'm drunk btw. But I'll still come after you.

downloaded it few weeks ago i really like there sound :D i recommend all blink fans to get it :)

Buy it. Or else. I'm drunk btw. But I'll still come after you.

Bring it on, bitch! :cool:

Heck yeah, I downloaded the leak of this album when it was released and I'm getting the album for free tomorrow :)

I love this band! :D

"The War" is my favourite song from this album.. its amazingingly good! :D

Heck yeah, I downloaded the leak of this album when it was released and I'm getting the album for free tomorrow :)

I love this band! :D

"The War" is my favourite song from this album.. its amazingingly good! :D

I've seen a live version of The War. It was fucking amazing, I love the guitar. Start the Machine and Distraction are my favourites. I'm gonna buy the album tomorrow and then sit down on my bed with some big headphones on and play the whole album. Can't wait.

Im gonna pick this up, as most of you know ive always been a massive Blink 182 fan so ill probably like this stuff...

Think they are one of the band's supporting Foo Fighters when i go see them in the summer.

Also anyone know whats happened to Mark's new band; "Plus 44" ?

They're half way through recording the album, should be out sort of October time I think. Thats what people on angelsandairwaves.co.uk forum are saying anyway.

I'm quite glad about the blink split now, because as much as I love the untitled album, I like this more, and Plus 44 is sure to be great aswell, so i get to listen to 2 great albums instead of 1.

I now have the album, i love it, so much so i picked up a couple of tickets to see them at Brixton. No doubt it will be full of screaming girls, but i dont care ill join in :)

I could launch into a tirade about how Pop-punk, Emo, Rap, Techno, Disco and any band that contains that delonge bastard is not music, but I've decided to spare you. Go listen to Dragonforce...or Blind Guardian...It'll do you good.

Actually mate, i dont need people to tell me what music to listen to infact i hate it when people try and tell you that bands/music you like are rubbish and name some other band that we should all like cos that is real music or whatever.

Get over it people have different opinions and tastes. You forget as an Admin i can read your deleted post. Go listen to real music? again everyone has their own taste, maybe you dont like Delonge and his music but I and many others do.

Now go listen to the Kinks, it'll do YOU good ;)

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it there, Platty.

Metal isn't exactly the only good type of music there is. How can you say that it isn't music?

Lol, ok, ok, I'll back off...

Edit: I never said Metal was the only good type of music....

ok, I'll shutup now....

Re-Edit: See, commments like above happen when im sat home bored all day...

Actually mate, i dont need people to tell me what music to listen to infact i hate it when people try and tell you that bands/music you like are rubbish and name some other band that we should all like cos that is real music or whatever.

Get over it people have different opinions and tastes. You forget as an Admin i can read your deleted post. Go listen to real music? again everyone has their own taste, maybe you dont like Delonge and his music but I and many others do.

Now go listen to the Kinks, it'll do YOU good ;)

Spot on. Box Car Racer, Blink 182, and We Don't Need to Whisper are my favourite albums, guess what they all have in common. Screw anyone who slags him off, especially people who post in red ;-)

Sign in to follow this