NEurope
Guest Jordan

MP3 Player Guide

The Samsung YP-P2 will be out at the end of this month:

2001330179801412154_rs.jpg

nice.jpg

"The highlights of the Samsung P2 are the large 3 inch wide-screen (WQVGA resolution) and the built-in Bluetooth 2.0 interface.

Other features include FM Tuner, WMV 9/10, WMA, MP3 and MP4 compatible, clock, photo viewer, text viewer, voice recorder and DNSe 2.0 technology.

The battery life of the Samsung P2 is 5 hours for watching video and 35 hours listening to music.

Measurements of the YP-P2 are 3.9x2.1x0.4inch and the weight is 3 ounces."

Its screen is also a touch screen and it comes in 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacities. I'm getting the 4GB version as that's plenty for me! The 8GB one is only 129.99 on Play.com:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/-/595/803/-/3468349/Samsung-YP-P2JCB-XEU-8GB-Touch-Screen-Video-And-MP3-Player-With-Built-In-FM-Tuner/Product.html?searchtype=genre

Samsung are also releasing an upgrade to their K5 at the end of the month, called the S5. It only has a 1.8 inch screen, but has a built in speaker, bluetooth (you can sync it with your mobile phone via bluetooth and take calls through it), video, voice recorder and fm radio:

s512.jpg

I'm buying a 2GB one for my girlfriend as she's always complains about earphones damaging ears!

Samsung MP3 players are reliable, look great and have great sound.

Yeah, they look great! The thing I like the most is how the buttons appear from nowhere on the S5:

s5inblack3.jpg

samsunginblack2.jpg

I'm one of those people who discovers a new song once in a blue moon.:grin: It would have been great if they made 16GB versions, like the ipod touch. Most people seem to need a lot of storage these days.

Do you prefer HDs? I like flash, but I have no idea why. My first and most recent MP3 player was the Samsung YP-Z5. Its interface was pretty bad, but you could have run it over with a car and it would still work. I dropped it on the pavement almost every day for about 6 months. It stopped working after being dropped in the bath for the 3rd time! It still worked, but the direction buttons wouldnt. I was so impressed by how reliable it was.

I got my P2 yesterday and it's truely amazing! I was pretty unsure about the touch screen controls when watching videos online, although the interface is stunning! The P2 looks even better in the flesh and everything about it screams quality. I'll post some pics later.:) The sound on this thing makes me feel like im listening to all my favourite songs for the first time. It has as many sound options as my PC.

The fact that it has an SD card slot is what will sell that Zen. I dont like the screen size though, although it is bigger than the norm! Its a great price with 8gb of memory.

As far as screen sizes go, 3.5 must be ideal, although the 3 inch P2 widescreen is just as good at displaying 16:9 video files. If im playing a video that isnt widescreen, its a bit hard to see what's going on!

I'm caught between that and the 8gb V+.

I'm leaning toward the one you've linked too as it is only 30 quid for a 8gig sdhc card, so that is 16gigs for 140 quid, that blows the iPod right out of the water.

EDIT: It say here:

http://uk.europe.creative.com/welcome.asp

Available in 4gb, 8gb and 16gb?

I'm caught between that and the 8gb V+.

I'm leaning toward the one you've linked too as it is only 30 quid for a 8gig sdhc card, so that is 16gigs for 140 quid, that blows the iPod right out of the water.

EDIT: It say here:

http://uk.europe.creative.com/welcome.asp

Available in 4gb, 8gb and 16gb?

The 16gig came out yesterday... for £190! I thought it would be good value as the 8gig was only £115. Damn. In america it is only £125. I was really looking forward to this.

hey, i want to buy a new ipod but....

if i get it now, and log it and such stuff with my current computer, can i still use my iPod on a new computer if i get one?

hey, i want to buy a new ipod but....

if i get it now, and log it and such stuff with my current computer, can i still use my iPod on a new computer if i get one?

I have used my ipod on a pc and two laptops so I'd say yes.

I have used my ipod on a pc and two laptops so I'd say yes.

Indeedy, just when you connect it to the second computer it'll ask you if you want to sync with itunes, say no and it should be okay. If you say yes all the stuff from the first computer will be gone.

Indeedy, just when you connect it to the second computer it'll ask you if you want to sync with itunes, say no and it should be okay. If you say yes all the stuff from the first computer will be gone.

ahh cheers!

im getting a new laptop i think for christmas ( i think!!) (rendering this computer dead for me.. lol).. and i want to take it up to uni so i;d like itunes on my new laptop :D

*orders iPod*

just which one to get now

My ipod touch arrived yesterday... I really like it and will probably pick up a second gen iphone when they come around and have a resonable price on them.

Because Jordan went and locked his thread I'll have to post in here.

How is your Zune? I'm thinking about updating my old Sony HD3 for either a 80GB iPod Classic or Zune 80.

I'm not that keen on Creative's Vision as it just seems too bulky and controls don't look as easy to use as the Zune's or iPod's.

I have ordered the 8GB Meizu M6 SL from Hong Kong. Will stick with it until the Meizu M8 is released which will be an Iphone killer. :)

my brother got 40GB Archos 605 yesterday. excellent Music/Video quality! Archos are cheeky though with the add on plug-ins you need to buy.

Meizu M6 SL

meizu_miniplayerm6se.jpg

Update: just arrived and very happy with it. two guys at work have iphone/ipod touch and the sound quality on the Meizu blows them both away.

Now gonna wait till the M7 is released which will be like the ipod touch.

I have a question (cos this really bugged me about my iriver H10), in the artists library, do all MP3 players create an entry for an artist even if they only featured on a song? My library got really cluttered with artists i didn't even like just because they were in the song credits. Same thing with albums - if i put a single song on there it'd create an album entry for that song. Seemed so disorganized.

Ok and i have another question. Does anyone know of a player that meets these requirements:

* Not an iRiver or Apple.

* At least 8gb, pref more.

* Available in a colour other than black or silver.

* Decent brand, no unknowns.

* Emphasis on music, not video.

8 gig, meets all requirements except the colour. 16 gig also available.

I have a question (cos this really bugged me about my iriver H10), in the artists library, do all MP3 players create an entry for an artist even if they only featured on a song?

Not on any mp3 player I've ever encountered.

I have a question (cos this really bugged me about my iriver H10), in the artists library, do all MP3 players create an entry for an artist even if they only featured on a song? My library got really cluttered with artists i didn't even like just because they were in the song credits. Same thing with albums - if i put a single song on there it'd create an album entry for that song. Seemed so disorganized.

Ok and i have another question. Does anyone know of a player that meets these requirements:

Do Sony do Walkmans in different colours? They look quite nice.

They do one in white actually.

Got a small screen so looks to me like video is less of a priority. And 36 hours battery life is impressive in my opinion.

When it comes to Music the Meizu SL 6 8GB is the best thing around but they might be too unknown for you..

http://www.mp4global.com/meizu-m6-mini-player-sl-version--white-4gb--.html

I got a Creative Zen (16gb) today, and it's quite cool. However, it says that I've already used up 12.2gb of space, and that I've only got 2.72gb free. I have uploaded 2666 songs, but that's deffo nowhere near enough to fill up the memory. Can anyone give any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

EDIT: okay, so maybe my music DOES take up that much space. Bugger. Ah well, nm. It's still a bloody fantastic player though! ^^