Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

Wasn't it done this way so that people would use zelda more as pretty much any of her smash attacks would finish you in melee, if connected properly with that is.

Its true but...I rather prefer Sheik to be an alternative entity and transform is too time consuming to really take it seriously...In the SSE, transforming is a mini loading time.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true but...I rather prefer Sheik to be an alternative entity and transform is too time consuming to really take it seriously...In the SSE, transforming is a mini loading time.

I guess it's because they want Zelda and Sheik to be a tactical pair, so they force you to switch between them to get the most of both. It's like the Pokémon's stamina.

I guess it's because they want Zelda and Sheik to be a tactical pair, so they force you to switch between them to get the most of both. It's like the Pokémon's stamina.

Yeah, but its annoying because Sheik and Zelda are both lightweights and can both get relatively KO'd with the same attack at the same percentage damage and Sheik's speed is not entirely needed also Zelda attacks are practically superior to Sheik's in every way...

Unlike the Pokemon Trainer where all three of his pokemon have greatly obvious and appreciated individual attributes which make you want to switch out to meet the situation.

Yeah, but its annoying because Sheik and Zelda are both lightweights and can both get relatively KO'd with the same attack at the same percentage damage and Sheik's speed is not entirely needed also Zelda attacks are practically superior to Sheik's in every way...

Unlike the Pokemon Trainer where all three of his pokemon have greatly obvious and appreciated individual attributes which make you want to switch out to meet the situation.

To put it simply, sheik has greater offence in comboing and speed while zelda has greater defence in superior KO attacks (kill before getting killed), defensive techniques and a greater recovery move. it's up to you to use their attributes effectively. That's what Sakurai and his chums had in mind.

I think he means more to juggle. But Sheik's 'combos' are mostly ineffective when your opponent can block with a rediculous round shield that remains for quite some time - most notable with Sheik's A A A "fist of the north star" 'combo'.

I think Sheik could have been an entirely independant character if it wasn't for the fact it is Princess Zelda is disguise...To my annoyance. Also I'm fairly pi$$ed that they kept that useless chain move when Sheik clearly has a ninja dagger on her back which could have been used as a special move.

I think he means more to juggle. But Sheik's 'combos' are mostly ineffective when your opponent can block with a rediculous round shield that remains for quite some time - most notable with Sheik's A A A "fist of the north star" 'combo'.

I think Sheik could have been an entirely independant character if it wasn't for the fact it is Princess Zelda is disguise...To my annoyance. Also I'm fairly pi$$ed that they kept that useless chain move when Sheik clearly has a ninja dagger on her back which could have been used as a special move.

Aren't the daggers what she throws when you hold down the B button? Also I don't have brawl, just melee so I am hoping what I say still has relevance. :heh:

Grab. Although grabbing effectiveness has been lessened.

I hate both Zelda's and Sheik's recovery. I muff it up so darn much.

Since when can you combo in this game ?

Ah, a fellow Marth user...welcome to the world of combos...You've a good character for combo-ing. Now go to youtube and come back again when you've just realised how much better everyone else is when they learn to combo using Marth. His speed....Still good in Brawl.

Ah, a fellow Marth user...welcome to the world of combos...You've a good character for combo-ing. Now go to youtube and come back again when you've just realised how much better everyone else is when they learn to combo using Marth. His speed....Still good in Brawl.

LOL my mate did that and now he pisses me off with Marth's counter movements and I SWEAR he has unfair priorities, especially when you are both attempting and air attack, AND because of this he hits with the edge of his sword most of the time which is his sweet spot. Damn marth! Damn him to hell!

The most hits you can pull of is 2, possibly 3, before they recover.

The most hits you can pull of is 2, possibly 3, before they recover.

His meteor smash is pretty immense.

What characters have the best/easiest meteors?

Obviously Young Link has to be up there, but people like Lucas (my main) and Mario are crap because they are pretty hard to use and don't always work.

That review is hilarious.

Yahtzee cracks me up every time. "Who the fuck is Marth anyway?"

Falco easily had the best spike in Melee, not too sure about Brawl though, it seems to be weaker and you can't short hop it at the edge because of this new "edge-snapping" thing. Ganon's is still pretty awesome though.

now this game is out , and almost everyone played it for a while do you still think its the best game out there? to me it is i'm really enjoying it

and sometimes i get a lil hyped when i see CD's popping up on a stage haha

and for my 3 favorite characters are 1: link 2: pokemon trainer 3: ike or Pit ( i couldn't choose between them

there are two things i really struggle at thats the 15 minute brawl and the cruel brawl to unlock curtain things with the 15 minute brawl i die at 8 minutes is there anyone that made it till 15 minutes? and made it to kill over 5 cruel brawls?

and also the Subspase adventure mode i truly love that part i only miss some voice acting like for snake fox ike and marth not everyone should talk only some , link doesn't need voice acting , mario / wario / luigi / peach only a lil bit , and when seeing issaac as an assist trophy i really wanted him as a playable character they should have left jigglypuff and mr game and watch out also ice climbers and for toon link he seems a bit out of place i think adding young link would have been better

and for ganondorf i think he is a pretty cool character i beat the crap out of people online using him haha and for how he runs thas becouse of his heavy armor

For 15 minute Brawl I did a cop out thing: Use Pit and keep flying under the stage, ledge grab, wait til someone tries to hit you off, drop down and fly back over to the other side. To solve boredome I went to pick up assist trophies occasionly and the odd pokeball.

As for 5 in Cruel, I used Lucas, and you know he has the move where you PK thunder and hit yourself? Well, jump just so you're off the stage out of reach, maybe do a double jump to steady yourself and wait for all the alloys to wait by the edge (or fail to smack you - because you're invincible during this move) then carefully guide your PK thunder right into the side off your body. This will connect with pretty much all the alloys. Two of these, or maybe even one if absolutely nailed, will kill them.

After doing one, run to the other side and wait a bit, then jump, or as the alloys try to recover jump over them to start the move again. Takes a lil practice bit is an easy way of killing them.

I used this for event 41 also.

As for Subspace, I got goosebumps when watching The Subspace Invasion, that is simply incredible, especially when the music starts thumping in.

tnx i will try it later

and the funny thing is i never played as olimar never liked him so i used him in cruel brawl just to laugh but i nocked out 4 in cruel brawl wich i never acheaved with another character his pikmin do lots of damage haha with ike i wiped out 3 just by dodging and doing the eather move all the time till there they are above 60% then wipe them out