N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, i hate the Star fox trio! So quick and jammy and often uncontrollable. Now Sheik, why thats a fine character if ever i saw one...;)...Only problem is the nerfing :/, I remember having difficulty KO-ing a 200%+ Bowser on Delfino Plaza...On many ocassions I find I have to transform into Zelda to make the coup de grace which kills the whole Sheikah, ninja-ry mood. :/

I think Sheik and zelda play more as 1 character now, as in, Sheik can rack up damage and Zelda can deliver the kills.

I think Sheik and zelda play more as 1 character now, as in, Sheik can rack up damage and Zelda can deliver the kills.

True, and I guess its logical that they would make that decision since Sheik/Zelda is basically apart of Zelda/Sheik's move set rather than an entirely equal and balanced character.

I wouldn't know, every time I select Zelda or Sheik the game fails to fucking read! Because of this I can't progress through the Subspace and have to get all my remaining characters through doing loads of versus matches. Grr...

I wouldn't know, every time I select Zelda or Sheik the game fails to fucking read! Because of this I can't progress through the Subspace and have to get all my remaining characters through doing loads of versus matches. Grr...

Aww, thats too bad. :/...Its only happens when you try to select Zelda/Sheik? If that happened to me I would have calmly collected a sniper rifle and go all 'Assassin's Creed' on a NoE employee...its only natural really. :P

Me and my brother played this for the first time last night, had some epic matches, it's so much fun. ^^ Just played a few single player Brawls too, really enjoying it.

Btw how do most of you take out the disc when you've finished? is there a recommended way? because if you go back to the Wii menu, it just spins until you get an error message... which can't be good for the console, so I'm now just ejecting it at the main menu of the game but just wondered if there was a better or reccomended way, thanks. :smile:

Apart from that, the game itself is awesome. :smile:

It's so annoying, I have some friends that appreciate Brawl, and some who just play it and say its boring. I tell them that it's probably because there are quite a lot of controls and that they aren't good enough at the moment but they don't accept this. These same people love death jam, which I don't like, but I say the same applies to me.

But they are having none of it.

I can't help but feel pissed off with them on occasion.

It's so annoying, I have some friends that appreciate Brawl, and some who just play it and say its boring. I tell them that it's probably because there are quite a lot of controls and that they aren't good enough at the moment but they don't accept this. These same people love death jam, which I don't like, but I say the same applies to me.

TBH I feel the same...Brawl is a tad bit boring bar the online play, but even that can annoy with the lack of depth and the friend codes shazam. I played the SSE up to a point where it got insane (ie keep dying) and just didn't bother. I didn't feel this way towards Melee's adventure mode though; parts like the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule Castle felt very refreshing and title specific. In a lot of respects, if you've played Melee then you've played Brawl.

Lol im loved? That's awesome! Wait a min...this is buy guys...you can take that love back...

J/k yeah i know you mean the game which is Def Jam. I have mates that have judged the game immediately as crap without having played a single game of smash, based solely on the fact that it's a fighting game.

So there's still spaces left (6)for a little Brawl tourney. Come on folks, you've got the game so join in. And none of this "I'm not good yet", it's not hard to get good and there's lots of practice time.

Explain this tournament.

Taken from the thread directly:

So we've had this for a little while and folks where talking of tournaments and such, so with a game like this, it's time for a little tourney. This one will be a bit small and have limited places for folk to enter, 16 to be precise.

So far we have 10 participants:

ShadowV7

Zero

Tingler

Somme

Calv

LukeLee

dazzybee

ViPeR

tapedeck

Zelda_Rulez

This will start a couple of days after the 16th player has joined.

The rules will be a bit different. The base rules so to speak, is no items and no moving stages. Tournaments are normally for skill so this will primarily focus on that point. However, we know items add fun to the game aswell. Before you arrange your match with your opponent, you can agree whether to use items or not, or even specific items like Smash Balls. Though if one person doesn't want to use an item, they won't be forced too.

As for stages, if you some of you actually want a moving stage, then like the items arrange it with your opponent before hand.

The condition of the match will be 5 stocks. We all make mistakes in Brawl, so 5 is a comfortable number to make up for them. For proof of matches, if somehow the match is under 3 minutes, record it, if not take a picture for emergency. Chances are, people will be truthfull about the scores but you never know.

If there's anymore bits to add that people will point out, they will be added below.

It'll be pretty fun having a little tournament amongst us forumers.

Lol im loved? That's awesome! Wait a min...this is buy guys...you can take that love back...

J/k yeah i know you mean the game which is Def Jam. I have mates that have judged the game immediately as crap without having played a single game of smash, based solely on the fact that it's a fighting game.

Yeah I knew I'd fucked up that title up,I honestly don't know why I didn't change it.

Oh right I forgot you were Death Jam. That is a coincidence :/

But the crying shame is that they'd love it if they got stuck into it. Pretty much the problem Nintendo players have had over the years, trying to convince people of the brilliance.

I have but one friend that likes Metroid, which is a perfect example.

I take it there will be another tournament once more of us European gamers get our hands on the game as well right?

US Europeans are playing it now. And for the amazing price of £40.

Get it online... 365games.com do it with the freeloader for 40 quids.

What are ppl waiting for? The FEAR that freeloader will get blocked? When you play it, it's really that good you just wont care.

Just my opinion but I guess it's ok to wait. Sorry, I've been playing this online all night and have loved EVERY single second of its pure awesome-ness.

US Europeans are playing it now. And for the amazing price of £40.

Get it online... 365games.com do it with the freeloader for 40 quids.

What are ppl waiting for? The FEAR that freeloader will get blocked? When you play it, it's really that good you just wont care.

Just my opinion but I guess it's ok to wait. Sorry, I've been playing this online all night and have loved EVERY single second of its pure awesome-ness.

I know, I've played on my friends one with a freeloader which showed me how easy and cool it is. :) But my TV here at uni wouldn't be able to display US games anyway (It's soo bad it's not even got 60hz on it) and games play a bit blurry as it is so I won't be able to get it until June (When I return home to a good Tv :)). I expect we'll have a date by then, as said in another thread I think they'll release the date on the last Dojo update on April 14, ie once MK Wii is out so people will have already bought that and not to take attention away. At which point if it's in June I will just wait till the date. However if a date isn't announced by June or they announce it and it's September or something I will import.