N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. You will not be unlucky. I know it. You will play way before anyone else and take great joy in doing so.

Not if his friends realise his unluckyness....You have to be VERY unlucky for that.

I'm unlucky without people realising and look where Brawl got me....

Brawl's not THAT amazing anyway, and it was WAY overhyped to be honest:heh:

Which is a good things seeing as though I can barely ever get it working, and haven't been bothered to really try for a week.

Gone to making my RPG in depression, and starting a lot of it again:heh:

Is there a counter to see how long you've been Brawling for? Could of sworn i've bene Brawling for more than 30 hours now.

The only way I can think of is if you used the play history messages on the Wii's message board.

But then what do I know? :indeed:

I went against Snake whilst unlocking him and racked his damage up to over 900%. :heh: I just combo'd him against a wall, it was a pretty unfair beating...

I did that against my friend yesterday on Mushroomy Kingdom, and kept them there until the level scrolled and KO'd him at which point I just ran back to the on screen bit of the stage :D

Nah I just meant the actual time, just with Brawling,not the game overall

. Like no SSE or anything like that. It's just for the challenge. I could swear i've done over 30 already, assuming online counts for it.

My friend checked their stats yesterday and there was a counter for how much they'd played online so that is counted too.

Brawl's not THAT amazing anyway, and it was WAY overhyped to be honest :heh:

Hyped but in a good way I think, as in its content that was released on the website did the hyping rather then trailers which don't show actual gameplay *coughHalocough* so the hyping was done for the right reasons I think. And I think personally it lived up to it even if I've only played it for one day :D

So glad I can actually talk about this game though in from a perspective of actually having played it :)

Update!

Well, I've borrowed a CD lens cleaner off my mate. He said it's pretty old, used to use it for PS1. Basically it's designed for cleaning CD players and if you use it on a CD player then it will play music whilst it busily cleans up. Now unfortunately for me, the Wii can't read basic CDs! So basically I put it in, it's spins for about ten seconds and then stops, so I have to keep taking it out and putting it back in again.

So after a few tries of cleaning I put in Smash to no real difference. However when I tried Smash today (by then I'd probably put the cleaner in twenty times) it started loading better. And after more hours of play and a few more cleans it's started running great! Far from perfect though...

There are a few things the game will refuse to do. Namely the game will throw a tantrum every time I try to pick Zelda or Sheik. I can't pick them without the game freezing. After a few seconds of the opening cinematic, it will begin to struggle, so I have to quicky press A to get to the menu. It also won't load a certain fight in the Subspace, so as things stand, I can't progress.

However I've now managed to unlock a few more stages (all the Melee ones) and a few more characters, namely Snake, Lucario and Ganondorf.

have i missed something why isn't brawl working well for you guys?

I don't know about everyone else but mines working fine. Never had to put the freeloader in more than once to get it to work or anything. Never frozen either.

It does take some gentle persuasion to get the cd out of the Wii however.

I've been adding characters to this wallpaper ever since the unlockables were unveiled at the Dojo (someone else on the Net had started it off with the starter characters), and today it's finally finished. :) Got it as my desktop wallpaper.

smashbrothersbrawlbluenrt6.jpg

^^ Id play against him using Ike or Marth, use counter move, then a smash. Usually a cracker launcher is dropped so you should take advantage of that.

Im on the Great Maze now and I'm actually finding it to be the funnest part of Subspace. The other bits are boring but its fun to run through it defeating everyone.

Dunno what people were complaining about.