Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When have we ever gotten a firmware update that noticeably benefits us and not just Nintendo? All they ever do is quietly block out Freeloaders. It's not fair for them to screw us over with dates and then not allow us to enjoy a game that they know we've waited for for about three years.

Nintendo is going to far! in stead of killing the pirated Wii's that make illegal copied games possible they take the freeloader something that doesn't really hurt Nintendo because they still get money of every game sold.

Nintendo just make the wii region free... you fool!

Nintendo is going to far! in stead of killing the pirated Wii's that make illegal copied games possible they take the freeloader something that doesn't really hurt Nintendo because they still get money of every game sold.

Nintendo just make the wii region free... you fool!

They shouldn't screw us over with dates in the first place. I see no problem with doing simultaneous translation or testing servers at the same time as America/Japan.

Why does Nintendo still use a region lock?

Nintendo LTD is the main producer of games. But NoE and NoA don’t get their money from that. No instead of that they get a percentage of every game sold in their region. Meaning that NoE and NoA don’t get any money when people import games. This is why NoE and NoA insist on region locks. The Wii itself is region free!! It’s only limited by the software it runs on. This can be updated so the Wii would be region free. But until Nintendo LTD doesn’t find a way to solve this we will never see the day that the Wii will be region free.

Didn't we already know that though? Either way Nintendo are still getting a profit. Maybe they'll see that they can't screw us about. Cause no matter what they say there's no reason why they can't do a worldwide release. I might not of imported the Freeloader if I had a date for Europe already, but the fact they're messing us about is annoying me.

Assuming they send the update, I dunno how else they can piss more fans off. It's their fault people got the Freeloader, so they need to deal with their losses and get their act together.

Didn't we already know that though? Either way Nintendo are still getting a profit. Maybe they'll see that they can't screw us about. Cause no matter what they say there's no reason why they can't do a worldwide release. I might not of imported the Freeloader if I had a date for Europe already, but the fact they're messing us about is annoying me.

Assuming they send the update, I dunno how else they can piss more fans off. It's their fault people got the Freeloader, so they need to deal with their losses and get their act together.

i cant have said it better! so AMEN to that!

How do they handle this problem with the DS?

that i do not know but i think its splitting the profits i guess

no that is Sony remember... uhm well kinda... they don't use any disguise that is...

Nintendo is more like a back stabber.

Wait a minute, I thought Sony were the backstabber with the early adopters who bought blu ray players being truly shanked with all these updates.

Nintendo wear a smile and say we want you to smile as broadly as we are, while they secretly do things that just eat a hole in your pocket (I still remember the price fixing from days gone by)

Smash really was the only game I needed to experience on the Wii, now I've played it and have grown bored of it there is no reason for me to own one. I've been taking Nintendo's shite for too long.

Do you have no friends to play smash with or something? Smash is fun in single player, but unsurpassabl in multiplayer. And im talking local. With this crap chat, you miss out on talking about the crazy stuff that happened in the game after its over.

Do you have no friends to play smash with or something? Smash is fun in single player, but unsurpassabl in multiplayer. And im talking local. With this crap chat, you miss out on talking about the crazy stuff that happened in the game after its over.

Oh, I've played Brawl with hordes of friends...But, as Brothers and Melee did, the simplicity of the fighting mechanics easily bore me. Really, you could have had roughly the same experience with Melee. But I'm usually a single player and would of love some competitive play...But the whole dumbing down of the online features lets this down for me imo. And to top it off, theres nothing really around the corner for Wii that has me foaming at the mouth like the PS3 has. So its a great year to switch.

Oh, I've played Brawl with hordes of friends...But, as Brothers and Melee did, the simplicity of the fighting mechanics easily bore me. Really, you could have had roughly the same experience with Melee. But I'm usually a single player and would of love some competitive play...But the whole dumbing down of the online features lets this down for me imo. And to top it off, theres nothing really around the corner for Wii that has me foaming at the mouth like the PS3 has. So its a great year to switch.

Oh im planning on getting a PS3 this year too but only for the stuff I can't get on my PC (which actually needs an upgrade) and is just not available, or not worth getting on the Wii.

Do you care about what he posts? lol If it was the exact same game, but on 360 it would be fucking awesome and had infinite replay value.

I mean, simply saying it has a simple combat system, when it has so much underlying complexity...

Do you care about what he posts? lol If it was the exact same game, but on 360 it would be fucking awesome and had infinite replay value.

I mean, simply saying it has a simple combat system, when it has so much underlying complexity...

If it was on Xbox 360 it would have a fleshed out online mode. ie NOT being restiricted to only playing 2 minute rounds against opponents you can't even message-taunt against! I'm not saying this game is rubbish, but for me the only thing on my mind was online play because I know the nature of Smash brothers on its own does not keep my attention for too long.

If it was on Xbox 360 it would have a fleshed out online mode. ie NOT being restiricted to only playing 2 minute rounds against opponents you can't even message-taunt against! I'm not saying this game is rubbish, but for me the only thing on my mind was online play because I know the nature of Smash brothers on its own does not keep my attention for too long.

Like I said exact same game.

Let's face it, you always expect the Wii to be a 360 or a PS3 and flame it regardlessly of what happens. You can like and dislike what you want, I understand that, it makes no difference to me, but, why you are constantly posting these things like Iwata raped you and your family instead of just playing 360 because it has leaderboards and good online and the Wii games for what they are is beyond me. Let it go dude, don't like it, play another console, there's no need to fill the threads with "I've been taking Nintendo's shite for too long.". We get it, you were a Nintendo fan, you wanted them to be Microsoft or Sony, they aren't you hate them. OK, cool. Keep moving.

(this is not flame, attack or anything I'm just saying there's no need to see these posts all the time)

EDIT: The lack of time I have to play this and other games is destroying me from the inside.

1 when people reach a certain age up to an other certain age they lose interest in Nintendo because it isn't cool enough for them or their friends. he must have entered that certain area. i have seen it so many times here at the club.

2 Wii60 is in my eyes an ideal combo.(i never expected Wii to have a better online service than the 360 does)

3 you cant expect a console that is based on playability to stand out in the crowd by its sheer power looks or online service.

4 Nintendo was and always wil be the friends at home console. since nintendo finds it important for people to socialize.

Just cleared SSE, glad it's finally over, was really starting to drag on! Beat the last boss on my first attempt, took 3/4s of his health with Pikachu (after losing Mario) then ended up on my last character who won by the skin of his teeth!

Thats all the characters unlocked now bar Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link :yay:

Actually, it's exactly the same speed as using tap A.

I meant you cant cock the timing up using the C stick, hence it's more reliable

What mode did you do SSE on? Took me quite a few attempts tp beat him.

Been going through Classic Mode with all the characters so far. Done 11 altogether now and been starting with the crappy characters to get them over with. Then after a mix between between All Star and 100%ing the SSE.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!