NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Why not give us items related to games most people know about? I thought it had something to do with Animal Crossing when I read the name and was dissapointed when I discovered that it wasn't true.

Why should they only give items people know about, they didn't in the previous games. For example I didn't know anything Lip's Stick's origin but I liked it anyway. And I bet a lot of people didn't know anything about the Super Scope. There will still be plenty of items which have a less obscure background, which doesn't really matter to me anyway as long as they're fun to use.

I also don't see what's so bad about this update, I liked it and we even got confirmation on the original Hammer's return. It's not like the You Must Recover update, which was pretty pointless. I'm still dreading the inevitable Shielding/Dodging update. :p

Why not give us items related to games most people know about? I thought it had something to do with Animal Crossing when I read the name and was dissapointed when I discovered that it wasn't true.

If you've owned SSBM, then there's no excuse for you not to have at least heard of Wrecking Crew.

If you've owned SSBM, then there's no excuse for you not to have at least heard of Wrecking Crew.

I own SSBM and haven't heard of Wrecking Crew. Shoot me.

Just remembered that pitfall was announced earlier. Ok, then I'll let this one pass :P

Tales, looking at your name reminded me of something; Tales of Symphonia! One of the greatest games ever!

I wonder if we'll see Lloyd, or more hopefully, Zelos! That would be pure awesome.

Tales, looking at your name reminded me of something; Tales of Symphonia! One of the greatest games ever!

I wonder if we'll see Lloyd, or more hopefully, Zelos! That would be pure awesome.

Kratos would be an awesome assist. He could use 'FIRST AID' and heal ya!

:bouncy: :bouncy: WI-FI CONFIRMED! :bouncy: :bouncy:

UPDATE = Wi-Fi Play

This game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you connect your Wii to the Internet, you can enjoy linked battles with distant people!

For details, click here (link leads to Nintendo Wifi Connection Page).

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

The more distant you are, the worse your connection becomes, and the slower it feels. I apologize, but I hope you understand.

wi-fi01_070918a-l.jpg

This is the main menu for Wi-Fi!

There are two primary connection methods. The names of these methods are "With Friends" and "With Anyone." The menus and structures of each method are pretty different.

With Friends

Wii friends who have registered one another’s names can play together freely.

wi-fi01_070918b-l.jpg

Register your friends!

If you’re registered as friends, you can check each other’s status. If a friend is online and you earn his or her consent, you can enter a battle.

wi-fi01_070918c-l.jpg

You can change your icon...

wi-fi01_070918d-l.jpg

And even send short messages during brawls!

These short messages are entered in advance, and you send them by taunting. There are four messages for the four directions on the + Control Pad: Up, down, left and right.

With friends, you can brawl any way you like. And there are other modes besides just free-for-alls.

With Anyone

You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

wi-fi01_070918e-l.jpg

If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

Now, while you’re waiting for a match to start, you can kill time with a little practice on Sandbag.

wi-fi01_070918f-l.jpg

Practice, practice!

We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

Fantastic! Interesting how he has said right from the start that there'll be lag if you're playing from people too far away. I hope that regional brawls will, at least, be lag-free.

And no records of random online matches kept? Why not? Oh well, I'm still pleased its in there. I love that you can practise with a sandbag while you're waiting for it to load, too.

MEGATON

Finally confirmed, this is awesome. I was fearing it wouldn't make it in, but now we finally know. Replay will be through the roof with this game, and it will easily top Melee for me now. :D:D

I wonder if it will be possible to play online with 4 people on 2 Wii's

Great great news.

wi-fi01_070918a-l.jpg

That picture alone made my day. I like the fact that he hinted that their will be more then just fighting each other online.

Awesome. I could hardly believe that it was true when I first read it. I never expected the game to have online. Truly great news.

Mike: It will probably be limited to regions as in MSCF.

*Starts chanting Wi-Fi Play to a football song* Wi-Fi Play, Wi-Fi Play, Wi-Fi Play, Wi-Fi Play, Wi-Fi Play, Wi-Fi Plaaayyyy ...

And I love the fact that you can pass the time by smashing up Sandbag. Well, we all practically knew it would come, but it's great that it's finally official.

That picture alone made my day. I like the fact that he hinted that their will be more then just fighting each other online.

Maybe you can play things like Adventure/Classic/All-Star with more people now.

Mike: It will probably be limited to regions as in MSCF.

The fact that he mentions the lag strongly suggests that they will not, to my mind. I hope not anyway - I have mates in the states.

The fact that he mentions the lag strongly suggests that they will not, to my mind. I hope not anyway - I have mates in the states.

Random matches will probably be limited to your region, and you can play anyone if you add them as friend.

What do you mean? That it will be limited to country?

What do you mean? That it will be limited to country?

No I suspect that you will be able to play across continents - if you are willing to put up with the lag.

I'm glad random matches don't affect your battle record. It will be a lot less disconnector this way.

It also appears this is the first time we have ever seen the character damage metre in this game.

I especially like the last line, regarding additional online services. It appears Wii Connect 24 could be used to transfer promotional freebies to players and even offer "special" characters/stages to be bought on Wii Shop. The lost dream of not having the characters, stages you want, may just become a reality again and be offered on Wii shop.

I'm glad random matches don't affect your battle record. It will be a lot less disconnector this way.

Hmm, good point.

I guess this game is where we find out whether the Mii-specific friends codes from MSCF have been carried over onto other WiFi games. Or perhaps it'll use your address book, Brain Academy-style?

We'd really better get this early on next year. I want it so much! At least the online niggles should have been ironed out by the time we get it, though.

It also appears this is the first time we have ever seen the character damage metre in this game.

actually it was one of the first updates with mario smashing link to show how people get damage and what happens when they do

BUT AWESOME UPDATE!

I am probably the only one who completely don't care of online battle. IMO, that's not really different than playing with a advanced CPU (which can disconnect and leave) since you can't communicate with your opponents. IMO, Smash is way better with friends beside you. Anyway, the message feature with friends is nice (I will spam "Promizoulin!!").

I'm so much more interested in other online features already hinted previously in an interview and confirmed today.

And it seems we have all the starting roster considering the icons.