Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope nintendo dose something differnt with this zelda...oot was the best game for alot of people because nothing was as epic and beautiful on a game console before...Now with all the zelda like games on the market it wont be so special will it..unless the do something big..with copy cats like spinx and beyond good and evil..not saying those games wernt great but zelda like none the less...The wolf is ok i guess but it really dosnt scream the next big thing to me...I hope they make link be more your link by the end of the game...like they need to add more than 3 swords to the game...more shields..maybe even away to upgrade your armor...staying with the green tunic of course..but diffent chain mails underneath...stuff like that...I really hope its not a go to this place to get a heart peice then this place...hearts shouldnt be the only way u feel like u progress in strengh...I am really hoping for more than what nintendo will give me tho...but i will still love it non the less

I really hope nintendo dose something differnt with this zelda...oot was the best game for alot of people because nothing was as epic and beautiful on a game console before...Now with all the zelda like games on the market it wont be so special will it..unless the do something big..with copy cats like spinx and beyond good and evil..not saying those games wernt great but zelda like none the less...The wolf is ok i guess but it really dosnt scream the next big thing to me...I hope they make link be more your link by the end of the game...like they need to add more than 3 swords to the game...more shields..maybe even away to upgrade your armor...staying with the green tunic of course..but diffent chain mails underneath...stuff like that...I really hope its not a go to this place to get a heart peice then this place...hearts shouldnt be the only way u feel like u progress in strengh...I am really hoping for more than what nintendo will give me tho...but i will still love it non the less

If u think about it nintendo has always done something completely different at least with it's console versions

zelda(nes)revolutionary and had a save feature.

zelda 2:side scrolling instead of birds eye

LTTP: new console and very different to adventure.Went back to its roots

ocarina of time: link enters 3d

majoras: puts a time limit.game is darker.no epona.lots of masks.No dimensions

windwaker:new graphics style and sea based

and now TP:darker mature zelda.

well add to the list if u like.

Correction. So guys will it be the best game ever? Replacing OOT as the number 1 game of all time?

Simply won't happen as its unrealistic with the standards set today in gaming. A lot of people will be crying come November 19 and be setting themselves up for GUARANTEED DISAPPOINTMENT if they expect Zelda to get perfect 10s and be guaranteed top spot for the greatest game of all time with aggregate review score rating. ALMOST willing to put $1000US bet on the fact that Twilight Princess won't surpass Ocarian of Time in terms of aggregate review score totals. Too many people will DELIBERATELY score the game lower due to personal biases, too HIGH expectations of the game, the fact that its perceived as a GC port even though technicaly it isn't and many other reasons. A more realistic achievement will be to TRY and aim for the game surpassing Resident Evil 4 with rankings, sneaking in the top 5 rated games on the NET. Although I, like most other people would REALLY like to see this game achieve all time greatness, the chances are slim. But you could say if games like Final Fantasy 12 can get 9.5+ on some sites, you'd like Twilight Princesses chance of getting 9 .7+ right?

MATT IGN BLOG EXTRACT: After criticising the controls for Wii Tennis & Baseball and complimenting the bowling controls, he goes on to say this at the end:

P.S. I'm in Seattle now and will start my love affair with Zelda: Twilight Princess tomorrow morning. I think I'm under embargo until Friday, but look out for some goodness by then. I have a feeling some media for the game may hit the Web first, though. So goodie, and stuff.

SOURCE: http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/

i love zelda dont get me wrong...but come on making zelda darker and more mature isnt going to make the game any better....it is a new coat of paint at best...the reason OOT was so great is because it was a perfect game of its time...great grapics, great controls, and everything felt new...majoras mask was a good game basicly the same engine but with a little bit of diffent stuff..like mask ant the time thing...but most people will say that OOT is better because of what it did to gameing...

think goldeneye for n64...not newer one eww...now alot of fps are better than it now but goldeneye was so good and changed gameing to some it is the best fps ever made...perfect dark was just as good if not better and it gets less respect...

thats why i say i really hope the give everything and more in this game to make it the best zelda ever i think they have to...giving more places to go and a bigger world isnt enough to make anyone have the feeling like omg!!!

Starts out with some Twilight Creatures in some sort of dark castle (Hyrule Castle?)

Goes to Cowboy Link, Epona, Colin and a couple of unidentified people. One has a sword. Epona's loaded up with wood for some reason or another. Colin goes with the man with the sword over a rope bridge, while Link (in his cowboy outfit) smiles at him.

Next up is the transformation sequence. Cowboy Link is walking through a path, when suddenly it turns into the Twilight Realm. He transforms into a Wolf, and is dragged away. We see Midna, and next wee some gameplay of Wolf Link and Midna attacking some Twilight Creatures. There's more gameplay, nothing particularily new but a town scene is shown with about 20 people in it, very impressive. Also, Link canoes down a rushing river, now in his classic outfit.

Few quick cuts of cutscenes, showing (among others) PRINCESS ZELDA! Zelda is casting some sort of elaborate spell, very pretty effects.

The trailer ends with Link pulling out the Master Sword and holding it up. The sword is quite a bit longer than any other game.

www.thehylia.com

You guys are far too nervous about this. First of all, this game was delayed a year. Which means it's even better by now than it would've initially been. Also, people (like Shigsy) have said this is the most epic Zelda game of all time. Also.. Has anyone here EVER played a Zelda game that didn't send chills of awesome down your spine?

I certainly haven't. I strongly, strongly doubt they'll screw this up. Maybe it won't be as good as OoT (though I, personally, believe it will), but that doesn't matter, because it's going to be damned awesome anyway.

I've yet to read/hear a negative opinion from anyone who's played it, really. Though I may not have looked well enough.

Can't wait to see that trailer! It mus be awesome! About Twilight Princess being the best game ever! Just chill out people! I really don't know if it's goingo to be the best game, although i'm sure that this game has potential (a lot of it) but one thing i can garantee (or at least i think this way...)... This is probably, no doubt, the besta Zelda game ever.

to be honest wind waker didnt send chills of awesomeness....it was a great game but just nothing new..grapics changed yes and i loved them...the boat was differnt but it wasnt better than the horse..I think nintendo is going to do something really diffent with the next zelda cause they said this would be the last zelda like this right??

I think zelda has always been more than just a great game...it has been the best of its kind...now it seems like other games are to much alike it to feel great....and all this talk about a huge world makes me worry 2...Think about the fact that this is all running on a gamecube disc...resident evil 4 took up two disc...and if it is suppose to be more epic i wonder how empty the world will be...either empty or repative take ur pick...

to be honest wind waker didnt send chills of awesomeness....it was a great game but just nothing new..grapics changed yes and i loved them...the boat was differnt but it wasnt better than the horse..I think nintendo is going to do something really diffent with the next zelda cause they said this would be the last zelda like this right??

I think zelda has always been more than just a great game...it has been the best of its kind...now it seems like other games are to much alike it to feel great....and all this talk about a huge world makes me worry 2...Think about the fact that this is all running on a gamecube disc...resident evil 4 took up two disc...and if it is suppose to be more epic i wonder how empty the world will be...either empty or repative take ur pick...

Dude, it's Nintendo. Do you really thing they would disgrace a game like this just for that? Of course not! They know what they're doing. Don't worry on that....

Dude, it's Nintendo. Do you really thing they would disgrace a game like this just for that? Of course not! They know what they're doing. Don't worry on that....

I think Nintendo is great...do i think they will make a zelda game with a huge world that is empty? yes did u play wind waker? bigger isnt alway better thats all im saying...i would rather see the game being non stop fun then long...

and nintendo is great but they have been slacking in my option in trems of games...mario 64 and zelda OOT were great changed gaming....what have then given sence then...add a water backpack here...put mario in a baseball game...mario party 18 or what ever...zelda with better graphics bigger world same game play...I think the best game from nintendo last gen came out of retro.. metriod pime..why cause it gave a freash look at an old game...I just feel things getting a little to cookie cutter...i want them to break the mold and make everyone feel like when they frist started playing games...

on another note i hope that they have a hard mode in tp...i mean really hard cause i beat wind waker way to fast...i wasnt even trying to i just never died never had a hard time beating a boss...i was so used to the way the game went..

I think Nintendo is great...do i think they will make a zelda game with a huge world that is empty? yes did u play wind waker? bigger isnt alway better thats all im saying...i would rather see the game being non stop fun then long...

and nintendo is great but they have been slacking in my option in trems of games...mario 64 and zelda OOT were great changed gaming....what have then given sence then...add a water backpack here...put mario in a baseball game...mario party 18 or what ever...zelda with better graphics bigger world same game play...I think the best game from nintendo last gen came out of retro.. metriod pime..why cause it gave a freash look at an old game...I just feel things getting a little to cookie cutter...i want them to break the mold and make everyone feel like when they frist started playing games...

on another note i hope that they have a hard mode in tp...i mean really hard cause i beat wind waker way to fast...i wasnt even trying to i just never died never had a hard time beating a boss...i was so used to the way the game went..

Ok, it's same old formula, true! But, don't you like it? That's why want this game so much! Because it's going to be the same old epic game... really beautiful! To be honest the most thing that i want for this game is a great story! Really, i'm not worry with better graphics or anything else! Althought i want to feel the new gameplay experience. This is a new thing, don't forget it! I played Wind Waker and it was a big world, and you right when you say that it was kind of empty! But Twilight it's going to have a lot of hours to play! It's the biggest zelda game ever!Don't think that they would make the same mistake.

o i do love the same old zelda..i do they is why i buy them all..and i will buy this one.....it has solid gameplay and i guess thats always a good thing...if its not broken dont fix it is nintendos way i guess...u cant be the best unless u push ur games tho and i dont feel that nintendo has done that sence the n64 era...the next wii zelda i am looking forward to more than tp and tp isnt even out yet...cause the next one nintendo said would be way diffent right or maybe i dreamed that?

ok, just wonna know if there are any negatives to TP? can somone post all the negatives of the games that have been posted on the net by people who played the game?

i say this to bring down my personal expectation to low so that i would still be amaized when the game is released and doesnt live up to the hype (not that it wont)

ok, just wonna know if there are any negatives to TP? can somone post all the negatives of the games that have been posted on the net by people who played the game?

i say this to bring down my personal expectation to low so that i would still be amaized when the game is released and doesnt live up to the hype (not that it wont)

You'll have your CONCRETE answer within a few days. The current criticisms are insignificant [mainly that the Wii controls don't feel truly superior to GC controls] because they're based on a 6 month old recycled demo. By the end of this week, Matt C from IGN amongst a few other select people will be playing TP for 48 hours, a review MATERIAL preview it will be. We'll truly see then if there are still issues with the game.

link runs like a girl. That is the reason I went down to gamestop today and got my wii-preorder money back. I will not buy another zelda game untill they fix his running. NINTENDO TEH SUCKS!!!iiii1

Wow you guys sure do whine a lot. In the defense of Link he is an elf, his foot work would be different than that of a human being. Also how many pound of equipment is he packing? I’d like to see you run like a prize athlete with all that on.:indeed:

Wow you guys sure do whine a lot. In the defense of Link he is an elf, his foot work would be different than that of a human being. Also how many pound of equipment is he packing? I’d like to see you run like a prize athlete with all that on.:indeed:

his stuff dosnt weigh all that much come on...he uses fairy magic to shrink it all down and put it in his pocket so its really small..how do u think he can hold all that stuff to start with? do u see him with a backpack? nooo

his stuff dosnt weigh all that much come on...he uses fairy magic to shrink it all down and put it in his pocket so its really small..how do u think he can hold all that stuff to start with? do u see him with a backpack? nooo

He’s wearing a chain mail shirt, a shield, and a sword. Have you ever worn chain mail? It’s freaking heavy. Not to mention his sword is rather large. I doubt the shield is light either.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!