Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

Hope not, it didn't control that well. Yeah it's supposed to be realistic. "You're not controlling the horse, but the reins!". Screw that, I want simple, intuitive and responsive controls.

The horse is controlled beautifully once you get the hang of it. And so what if there's a bit of realism to the horse riding, that makes it all the more interesting.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the Nunchuck will control the horse:

Use the analogue stick to move and a quick flick of the wrist to make the horse go faster.

The Wii-mote will probably be use for sword fighting and your bow while you're on the horse.

Let me think...

If a horse runs at approx. 25km/h.

In approx. 45 minutes you would go...approx. 18.75km

If the world in Oblivion takes approx. 20 minutes to get across South to North (I did a little experiment), and the horse goes at the same speed, it comes out as approx. 8 1/3km.

OK, if IGN is correct, Hyrule is Twilight Princess is officialy MASSIVE.

Zelda:Timeline

Link 1 - Ocarina of Time

Majora’s Mask

Link 2 - Twilight Princess

-Tingle RPG-

Link 3 - The Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass

Link 4 - A Link to the Past

Link’s Awakening

Link 5 - Oracle of Ages

Oracle of Seasons

Link 6 - The Legend of Zelda

The Adventure of Link

What happens in Oot in the seven years become a legend in the Oot past and Ganon is taken out of time in the past and the future.

I actually like this kind of open story. They don't have to feel obliged to continue a story like most franchises. Nintendo can fit a game in-between any zelda they possibly want. And it gives all this feeling of mystery. For example, we don't know what happened in the flood and what happened to link in the end of WW.

Zelda has an one-of-a-kind storyline and it's damn great. I prefer it much more to those rigid, fixed storylines.

To be honest I think joining on the end of that timeline is The Minish Cap followed by Four Swords/Adventures. This being because MC is set 'hundreds of years after the Picori bestowed a sword and a golden light onto one brave hero to drive away the darkness'. Mega gap, so I'd say the hundreds of years are where the other games take place. Four Swords is years later because the sword in it was used to defeat Vaati and split the hero into four, which you could do in the Minish Cap.

Anyway I'm sure I made a timeline topic in Retro Gaming.

I think i can wait for it, surprisingly.

It's out November, a couple more months ain't that bad.....

Is it? :hmm:

Just think. We have waited since this time last year when we thought it was out November 2005.

It's nearly here! We should all pat ourselfs on the back for waiting! :D

To be honest I think joining on the end of that timeline is The Minish Cap followed by Four Swords/Adventures. This being because MC is set 'hundreds of years after the Picori bestowed a sword and a golden light onto one brave hero to drive away the darkness'. Mega gap, so I'd say the hundreds of years are where the other games take place. Four Swords is years later because the sword in it was used to defeat Vaati and split the hero into four, which you could do in the Minish Cap.

Anyway I'm sure I made a timeline topic in Retro Gaming.

I think it was realy the picori who gave the people the master sword in oot and ww link also has to restore the power to. but in mc something goes wrong and it becomes the four sword so the current weilder mc link gets the power to create copies of him self for a short time but the next link to touch it splits into four. in the future there will be a zelda game to remove this power from the mastery sword also some thing explained in my timeline theory is that elzo's special cap he makes actualy contains the triforce of power vati has the triforce of power he trys to get the triforce of corage from zelda and if he did he would have found out that link had the triforce of courage and tried to get that to but when the cap (vati's cap) is destroyed the triforce of power is released for vati to control in four swords adventures.

Edit It was me who made the timeline topic in retro gaming (that was my first thread) also if you are looking at my timline on nintenreport please note that four swords comes befor four swords adventures.

I don't think the Piccori have anything to do with it. Remember Zelda games are legends, not only are details lost, but not every game needs to be connected. MC, LA and Oracles can fit in a lot places. The Four Sword doesn't look at all like the Master Sword and it's known that the sages made the sword to seal Hyrule from the Sacred Realm.

I think it was realy the picori who gave the people the master sword in oot and ww link also has to restore the power to. but in mc something goes wrong and it becomes the four sword so the current weilder mc link gets the power to create copies of him self for a short time but the next link to touch it splits into four. in the future there will be a zelda game to remove this power from the mastery sword also some thing explained in my timeline theory is that elzo's special cap he makes actualy contains the triforce of power vati has the triforce of power he trys to get the triforce of corage from zelda and if he did he would have found out that link had the triforce of courage and tried to get that to but when the cap (vati's cap) is destroyed the triforce of power is released for vati to control in four swords adventures.

Edit It was me who made the timeline topic in retro gaming (that was my first thread) also if you are looking at my timline on nintenreport please note that four swords comes befor four swords adventures.

Sorry about that, I made a timeline topic on another forum.

I don't think the Piccori have anything to do with it. Remember Zelda games are legends, not only are details lost, but not every game needs to be connected. MC, LA and Oracles can fit in a lot places. The Four Sword doesn't look at all like the Master Sword and it's known that the sages made the sword to seal Hyrule from the Sacred Realm.

Remeber in minish cap the sword was seeling away the evil in that chest.

and i think all the games are conected the four sword games happen directly after mc because in mc you are turnig the sword that is most likely the master sword into the four sword.

If you look at the picture of the sword in the prologe you will see that the hilt of the sword the picori give to the people is blue like the mastery sword and looks similar to it the reason the comleate so called four sword is a different coulour (gold) and posibly a different shape (i cant remember) the master sword does change shape when you get the prayers of the sages in WW. I think the prologe of MC refers to Oot As you said Hellfire the zelda games are legends parts are lost/changed.